Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 305

Thread: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

  1. #261
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,507

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    1. Centrally controlled currency, we want our production to outcompete Japan's, so we will force domestic consumers to pay more and meanwhile we will price cut Japan's production firms by use of buying Japanese yen to subsidize our business into a perceived, monopoly or duopoly
    I think you need to go back to the drawing board on that explanation. Are you saying that the US forces customers to pay more for Japanese goods? And please explain how buying Japanese Yen turns domestic companies into monopolies? You have a lot of scenes missing from this script.

    2. Centrally controlled economy, we want our socialist production to outcompete the United States so we will use sponsor one firm to act on the states behalf, and then we will fix our exchange rate to the dollar so that even if the United States devalues their dollar from 1$=1.2 euros, to 1$=1.1 euros we will remain 1$ = 5 of our monetary units maintaining a competitive edge while using the state to control a monopoly
    You are really losing track here. You start out arguing that fiat currency robs people of freedom, and now the reason you can't seem to push that argument across the finish line is that you think controlled currency and controlled economy are the same thing because you seem misunderstand what a controlled economy actually is. I mean I can define an orange as a red, firm fleshed fruit but that doesn't mean that apples are oranges, it just means I don't know what oranges are.

    Both instances, consumer price goes up, value of production goes down, consumers are forced to work longer and harder, state is forced to give social safety nets which have opposite economic effect.... Now please tell me the difference and remember we are not talking about production theory we are talking strictly monetary theory
    You aren't connecting the dots here. I have already explained the difference. Just because you have presented a bogus comparison doesn't necessitate I restate my point.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Again, false. The formation of the Free Soil Party had nothing to do with immigrants or monetary policy. The impetus of the formation of the Free Soil party was to push the abolition of slavery in western territories. "Free Soil" was reference to the new territories being free and unfettered by slavery. I am sorry reality doesn't fit your narrative, but it just doesn't.



    That wasn't your argument. You argument was that "Neocons" are all about NSA spying and tariffs and fiat currency. That one of your litany of accusations actually falls close to the mark is not a validation for the litany of ignorant falsehoods that comprise the bulk of your manifesto.



    Who says businesses can't price cut? Businesses price cut all the time.

    Also, what stops you from entering the battle with Microsoft? It has zero to do with regulation. In fact, as an IT specialist I can tell you that there are many, many operating systems out there for very specific pieces of hardware that you know nothing about. They fit a niche. But if you want to invest $10 million in a new Operating system and expect software developers to dedicate resources to programing to an OS nobody uses then I would question your sanity. For an OS to be successful it needs to have a large enough install base to warrant third parties to investing in programming to it. Apple and Microsoft are the two largest install bases of OSs (though I think Android is catching them), but $10 million is simply not enough money to to build an Apple or Microsoft. You can take the Linux path and build a free OS and publish it as open source, maybe you will get some foothold, probably you won't, but that has little to do with authoritarian government.
    1. Free soilers were against slavery because it was giving too much competition to labor. https://books.google.de/books?id=Tv_...ration&f=false

    "Free soil" was a reference towards westward expansion for natural citizens, not slavery... Their stance on slavery attracted anti slave democrats, libertarians, who thought it was unconstitutional like Jefferson.

    2. My argument was that neocons are authoritarians which you just objectively proven, and then my counter argument was that republicans have always been authoritarians which I've shown to be true as well...

    3. Because with an inflationary currency it makes it almost impossible to price cut internationally. The 10 million $ is an example, but the fact that they've monopolized themselves without any firms competing against them show us they are acting as a perceived duopoly. This is because of things like inflationary currency, subsidized exports, protective tariffs through inflationary currency. Not because of competition, they may have started as a competitive business but it takes state power to enforce duopolies and with an inflationary currency you don't necessarily need the state power, especially when you outsource. This is why it's almost impossible to compete with these mega companies. Have you ever studied exchange rate theory or monetary theory or subjective monetary value theory at all?

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I think you need to go back to the drawing board on that explanation. Are you saying that the US forces customers to pay more for Japanese goods? And please explain how buying Japanese Yen turns domestic companies into monopolies? You have a lot of scenes missing from this script.



    You are really losing track here. You start out arguing that fiat currency robs people of freedom, and now the reason you can't seem to push that argument across the finish line is that you think controlled currency and controlled economy are the same thing because you seem misunderstand what a controlled economy actually is. I mean I can define an orange as a red, firm fleshed fruit but that doesn't mean that apples are oranges, it just means I don't know what oranges are.



    You aren't connecting the dots here. I have already explained the difference. Just because you have presented a bogus comparison doesn't necessitate I restate my point.
    1. Obviously you have no economic backround in monetary theory. Us forces domestic prices to go up because they devalue the dollar. If I am selling an apple for 4$ in Japan and the market equilibrium rate is 3$, then I devalue the currency to make the value 2$in japan rather then 4$, I hold a competitive edge over Japanese apple market. In doing so, I skyrocket the price from 4$ to 6.5$ in the United States, thus making Japanese imports of rice which was valued at 5 yen import to jump to 8 yen import. Which makes it a tariff as well as an export subsidy. Doing so protects the production of American firms which lessens competition and where we have this loss of competition "deadweight loss" we create the perceived monopoly because all they need to do now is turn the demand curve inelastic by reducing production.

    2. The only difference between a fiat currency and a centrally controlled economy is that a centrally controlled economy, I.e. Socialism, is the ultimate later stage of a fiat currency due to the fact that it is unsustainable. When monetary value rests in the hands of a few people, the entire purpose of the market becomes a cartel. This is literally what is happening to us right now, which is why we will always see more expansion on government

    3. You did not explain any difference in monetary value theory at all, you explained the differences of the functions of a market society and a socialist society, not the differences of a central controlled monetary system and a central controlled economic system

  4. #264
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,450

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    If one person dies at the hands of a gangster is that one too many too? Because the bull crap in Baltimore has paralyzed that police force and a small war has broken out in gang territory.
    Criminals will be criminals. We can, however, do something about what the government does. Big difference.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I call my wife a slut

  5. #265
    Sage



    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,047
    Blog Entries
    30

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by MathewSmith View Post
    WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.
    The victims ranged in age from 16 to 83. More than 80 percent were armed with potentially lethal objects, mostly guns. Ninety-two victims were identified as mentally ill.
    The Post's analysis also indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

    U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months: REPORT

    I'm scared as hell. How did it get this bad? When have they turned into bad characters? And why?! Do the police ever evaluate whether any of those killings are avoidable? or preventable? And what can we do to change the situation? Because the situation is really horrible!
    How many of the people who were shot were armed? That's the stat that matters.


    Thank you, Quazi!

  6. #266
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The South Pacific
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    57,986

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by MathewSmith View Post
    WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. police have shot and killed 385 people during the first five months of this year, a rate of more than two a day, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.
    The victims ranged in age from 16 to 83. More than 80 percent were armed with potentially lethal objects, mostly guns. Ninety-two victims were identified as mentally ill.
    The Post's analysis also indicates the daily death toll for 2015 is close to 2.6 as of Friday. At that pace, police will have shot and killed nearly 1,000 people by the end of the year, the paper said.

    U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months: REPORT

    I'm scared as hell. How did it get this bad? When have they turned into bad characters? And why?! Do the police ever evaluate whether any of those killings are avoidable? or preventable? And what can we do to change the situation? Because the situation is really horrible!
    And then cops turn around and don't do their job because they are "afraid" of lawsuits... good. Be afraid. Get fired too for not doing your job.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,776

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And then cops turn around and don't do their job because they are "afraid" of lawsuits... good. Be afraid. Get fired too for not doing your job.
    But they won't get fired for not doing their jobs

  8. #268
    Sage
    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,540

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by MathewSmith View Post
    I'm scared as hell. How did it get this bad?
    If you're not a loon with a weapon, don't run when a cop tells you to stop, or try to grab his gun you'll be fine. I imagine things would get better if they started locking up crazies again.
    Нава́льный 2018

  9. #269
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,694

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    If you're not a loon with a weapon, don't run when a cop tells you to stop, or try to grab his gun you'll be fine. I imagine things would get better if they started locking up crazies again.
    Really?

    What if your simply at home in bed in the middle of the night?

    This is becoming more common with no-knock warrants - often issued under B.S. pretexts claiming a CI, who never needs show in front of the issuing judge. (IOW, the police have a suspicion so the make-up a CI to get to a friendly judge)

    You may simply be the victim of an incorrect address mistake - God forbid you sleep with a gun at your bedside, and even worse if you grab it during your confusion when rocked awake by the flash bomb & the breaking wood & glass from your front & back doors, as you catch sight in the dark of men with guns dressed in black rushing your bedside.

    Here's a couple random links from a quick Google (there's plenty - literally a plethora - more):

    Kathryn Johnston shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Meet 59-year-old David Hooks, the latest drug raid fatality - The Washington Post

    Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News

    Sleeping 7-year-old girl shot in head during no-knock police raid on wrong home - Police State USA

    [Don't forget if you survive one of these raids, most assuredly your dog(s) will not]
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  10. #270
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,776

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Really?

    What if your simply at home in bed in the middle of the night?

    This is becoming more common with no-knock warrants - often issued under B.S. pretexts claiming a CI, who never needs show in front of the issuing judge. (IOW, the police have a suspicion so the make-up a CI to get to a friendly judge)

    You may simply be the victim of an incorrect address mistake - God forbid you sleep with a gun at your bedside, and even worse if you grab it during your confusion when rocked awake by the flash bomb & the breaking wood & glass from your front & back doors, as you catch sight in the dark of men with guns dressed in black rushing your bedside.

    Here's a couple random links from a quick Google (there's plenty - literally a plethora - more):

    Kathryn Johnston shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Meet 59-year-old David Hooks, the latest drug raid fatality - The Washington Post

    Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News

    Sleeping 7-year-old girl shot in head during no-knock police raid on wrong home - Police State USA

    [Don't forget if you survive one of these raids, most assuredly your dog(s) will not]
    The no-knock thing is definitely a problem.... even I can agree on that one.

    However, its a small percentage (albeit growing) chance that this will happen to you. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •