Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 305

Thread: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Resisting arrest is immediate grounds for execution? Interesting concept.
    Fight me to the point my life or my ability to go home at the end of the shift is in jeopardy. I will end you DRT.
    Its not a cops job to tote an asswhipping just because you feel the need to resist.

  2. #212
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,892

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Compare that number with the number of blacks killing blacks this year, last year, next year and every year forward.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So add "straw man" and possibly "tolling" to the list of words you aren't using properly.

    I am simply challenging your piss poor vocabulary and how it undermines the points you appear to be trying to make. "Neoconservative" has nothing to do with support of domestic policing. "Authoritarian" has nothing to do with establishing a state currency. A "straw man" has nothing to do with challenging that someone's argument is a non sequitur. I mean seriously, man, do you think a jump from "Neocon" to "Authoritarian" to National currency without even a hint of even trying to connect your disparate dots is something other than bizarre?



    Can I assume you meant "definition" and that you weren't actually directly quoting me?



    You haven't made an argument that needs addressing yet, just a series of bizarre claims with no rational argument attached to them.

    Out of curiosity, what would you consider substantive in your argument?
    Well first off I use an iPad for this forum so sometimes the autocorrect on my typing switches the vocabulary, so yes detention meant definition.

    Second of all, when I say believing in a national currency, I am suggesting that the entire purpose of a national currency was the creation of the state to dictate the value of the currency as opposed to the consumers, in a sense, with the ability to devalue to national currency, the republicans, were successfully able to switch the entire philosophy of the Democratic Party, why? By inflating the currency the republicans were able to prop up the export sector of business, doing so led to the progressive movement of the Democratic Party. Historically speaking, however, the democrats were infiltrated shortly after by authoritarians as well. This does not negate the fact that the Republican Party was created by authoritarians who wanted to inflate the currency and the only way they could do so is with a national currency.

    The very definition of an elastic currency is authoritarian, because it calls for monetary policy to allocate power to certain industries. I could get into the dynamics of how it does his, but I would suggest reading up on supporters of the national bank in order to really understand this concept

    Second, the substance of my argument stems from the inherent fact that having a police force that kills innocent lives, regardless of your own morals on the subject, leads us to believe we have room to revise the actual system itself to give any attempt to remedy the situation. In short, the police force need a complete redesign because they are becoming more and more militarized, and my argument is that it's the ultimate outcome of any state controlled institution is to eventually evolve to a huge totalitarian system on the premises of complete control

    Thirdly, in the equating it to the neocon is the fact that
    A. Neocons support torture
    B. Neocons support the federalization of police force by voting unanimously for additional power of the national spy grid
    C. Neocons historically support the military industrial complex by spending more and more on proxy wars that have no end in sight

    In short, neocons, support an authoritarian state, historically republicans support an authoritarian state; research why the Republican Party started public schools. As well as in a political sense, when the left; who I do not agree with at all as well, suggest the police need to be reformed the neocons attack them in a partisan battle which really holds no bearing or water.

    So by challenging my vocabulary what you're actually doing is what Ludwig v. Mises said about socialists, the only time people can actually respond in a factual matter is when they will, when they can't create a substantial argument they will attack what is perceived as character flaws. This holds truth to your particular style of debate.
    Last edited by Libertie76; 06-01-15 at 11:31 AM.

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-17 @ 11:08 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    When you jump into the middle of a conversation between two people you assume the responsibility to know the claims of both sides.
    No, that's not how it works, at least for me. If someone makes a definitive claim without proof, I'm going to question them and my decision to question them comes with zero responsibility to do anything. Go try that **** with someone else. Bye.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Yes, comparing soldier deaths in a combat zone to citizens deaths due to police action to enemy deaths has no real meaning. Its a appeal to moral relativity.
    Do you have any actual way to prove that the majority of the people killed in their communities, I.e. Our combat zone, was actually an enemy combatant?

    I think it means a whole lot when a criminalized government steals money illegally from my paycheck to kill innocent people halfway across the world just to stimulate a government propped up military defense sector, but then again I am a libertarian...

  6. #216
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,221

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Fight me to the point my life or my ability to go home at the end of the shift is in jeopardy. I will end you DRT.
    Its not a cops job to tote an asswhipping just because you feel the need to resist.
    I didn't say it was. And I'm not saying that you, or any cop for that matter, shouldn't kill someone who really threatens your life. Problem is it seems lots of cops are stretching the idea of "threatens their life" means. And you and I both know that lots of cops also stretch the meaning of "resisting arrest"
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  7. #217
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,559

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Care to provide any evidence of all that crap you just said?

    SPECIFICALLY, something to the effect that police departments are making law...
    Google DOJ and investigatons
    As to do not make Law, that was referring to street justice.

  8. #218
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    How many people have gangers killed?
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    I didn't say it was. And I'm not saying that you, or any cop for that matter, shouldn't kill someone who really threatens your life. Problem is it seems lots of cops are stretching the idea of "threatens their life" means. And you and I both know that lots of cops also stretch the meaning of "resisting arrest"
    I would call that human nature if that's the case.

  10. #220
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    02-04-16 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    162

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Why have so many Police Depts been investigated by DOJ and found to be severely lacking with following the laws on the books? Officers flagrantly ignoring the law, until it instills a culture within the Dept itself.

    How many investigations by DOJ does it take before Police Depts and their leadership to get the message, you follow the law, you enforce the law, you do not make Law.
    The majority of the DOJ investigations are the result of political pressure in order to attempt to calm down the citizenry enough to stop them from rioting. If there were really serious issues found then those officers would be fired. What you hear about in the news is simply a measure to make people calm down. The DOJ would shut down a station if such rampant abuses were actually true.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •