Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 305

Thread: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

  1. #201
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    52,526

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Unless you attack police officers with weapons, resist arrest, or the like stop being scared, your fear is irrational paranoia

    All police killings are avoidable, by the suspect.
    That doesn't mean that all police killings are justified.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #202
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    “We have to get beyond what is legal and start focusing on what is preventable. Most are preventable,” said Ronald L. Davis, a former police chief who heads the Justice Department’s Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.

    Police “need to stop chasing down suspects, hopping fences and landing on top of someone with a gun,” Davis said. “When they do that, they have no choice but to shoot.”


    Gotta love it. Cops...just stop doing your job. If they try to escape, let them.

  3. #203
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That doesn't mean that all police killings are justified.
    No indeed. In fact of the 385 listed, at least 16 of them actually involve people that may not have been presenting as armed and violent offenders.

    Fatal police shootings in 2015 approaching 400 nationwide - The Washington Post

  4. #204
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    50,403

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, I'm not saying that because, unlike you, I'm not foolish enough to make a definitive statement about cases I haven't read through.
    But what you DID say is "I suppose we shouldn't even mention how a proven corrupt police department could be indirectly involved in civilian-on-civilian shootings." I believe that is the statement he was seeking clarification on.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So is this some new debate strategy to missuses words and defend it with non sequitur?
    ... Is this a new debate strategy? Trolling a strawman? You have no substantial point you've literally said nothing of substance.

    In fact, you are responding to my insight by using non sequiturs by saying "you don't know what's the detention means" why don't you explain where my evaluation of statements lack, at least in your bubble of misconception, and reply with something of substance.

  6. #206
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,328

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Did I make a claim?
    When you jump into the middle of a conversation between two people you assume the responsibility to know the claims of both sides. Do you believe as Reinoe claimed that the 105 homicides in Baltimore include shootings committed by "government agents working in departments with long history of abuse and harrassment"?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #207
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,328

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    ... Is this a new debate strategy? Trolling a strawman? You have no substantial point you've literally said nothing of substance.
    So add "straw man" and possibly "tolling" to the list of words you aren't using properly.

    I am simply challenging your piss poor vocabulary and how it undermines the points you appear to be trying to make. "Neoconservative" has nothing to do with support of domestic policing. "Authoritarian" has nothing to do with establishing a state currency. A "straw man" has nothing to do with challenging that someone's argument is a non sequitur. I mean seriously, man, do you think a jump from "Neocon" to "Authoritarian" to National currency without even a hint of even trying to connect your disparate dots is something other than bizarre?

    In fact, you are responding to my insight by using non sequiturs by saying "you don't know what's the detention means"
    Can I assume you meant "definition" and that you weren't actually directly quoting me?

    why don't you explain where my evaluation of statements lack, at least in your bubble of misconception, and reply with something of substance.
    You haven't made an argument that needs addressing yet, just a series of bizarre claims with no rational argument attached to them.

    Out of curiosity, what would you consider substantive in your argument?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #208
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,267

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Do you know the difference between killing an armed enemy and killing an unarmed fellow citizen?
    According to the OP, 80% were armed.

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,267

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertie76 View Post
    Doesn't mean anything....????
    Yes, comparing soldier deaths in a combat zone to citizens deaths due to police action to enemy deaths has no real meaning. Its a appeal to moral relativity.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,992

    Re: U.S. Police Have Shot Dead 385 People In Five Months

    Quote Originally Posted by MathewSmith View Post
    Do the police ever evaluate whether any of those killings are avoidable? or preventable? And what can we do to change the situation? Because the situation is really horrible!
    It depends on who you ask. Many people believe police are justified in all or at least most shootings. They believe lethal force is the only force police should use. I personally think that most police shooting deaths are avoidable as either force isn't needed, or at the very least, lethal force is not needed.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •