Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 278

Thread: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

  1. #41
    Guru
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,708

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    50-60 years and 10 or so US presidents have come and gone yet Castro and communism are still there. Our past embargoes and policies towards Cuba has worked so well. So let's not try anything new, let's keep going with same failed tactics and policy.
    Obama's getting rid of the old bad policies and creating new bad policies. Castro/Communism continues, just with less penalties against it.

  2. #42
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,737

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Obama's getting rid of the old bad policies and creating new bad policies. Castro/Communism continues, just with less penalties against it.
    Why are they 'new bad policies'? Because YOU say so? Or it's Obama and everything he does is 'bad' because the talking AM conservative hosts tell you so?

    The old policies are KNOWN to be failures. Let's try something new.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  3. #43
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,555

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Forgetting history gets you what?
    ....about the same place as not understanding history...

    Where to you go from the Cuban missile crisis to Cuba being a safe haven for Isis? That almost belongs in conspiracy theory.

  4. #44
    Guru
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,708

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    Why are they 'new bad policies'? Because YOU say so? Or it's Obama and everything he does is 'bad' because the talking AM conservative hosts tell you so?
    Because i say so. My opinions are mine. Not someone else's.

    The old policies are KNOWN to be failures. Let's try something new.
    Something new? Like appeasement? That never works.

    If you want to try something new, try this:
    -Raul steps down as leader
    -He announces free and fair elections for President AND the Legislature
    -Allow international monitors unlimited access to monitor the elections and allow a neutral party to count the votes
    -When & if international election monitors are satisfied that the elections were fair and with no signs of intimidation or bias, then sanctions and other restrictions that have been in place for decades will be eased or completely dropped and diplomatic contact can resume

    Easy as pie, both sides win.
    But no...Obama won't do any of that. Mostly because he's a failure at negotiating.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Obama's getting rid of the old bad policies and creating new bad policies. Castro/Communism continues, just with less penalties against it.
    It will be ok!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #46
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    8,555

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Because i say so. My opinions are mine. Not someone else's.


    Something new? Like appeasement? That never works.

    If you want to try something new, try this:
    -Raul steps down as leader
    -He announces free and fair elections for President AND the Legislature
    -Allow international monitors unlimited access to monitor the elections and allow a neutral party to count the votes
    -When & if international election monitors are satisfied that the elections were fair and with no signs of intimidation or bias, then sanctions and other restrictions that have been in place for decades will be eased or completely dropped and diplomatic contact can resume

    Easy as pie, both sides win.
    But no...Obama won't do any of that. Mostly because he's a failure at negotiating.
    Appeasement never works? Who says?

    What do you mean by appeasement? Do you mean standing down from a conflict over something you can not change, is none of your business to change, has no other support and is fundamentally conflict for the sake of conflict? That kind of "appeasement". Frankly, I suggest that kind of appeasement is far more effective than the alternatives.

    Our 50 years of solo embargo on Cuba amounts to nothing more than a diplomatic hissy fit. Its time for America to grow up.... wait, America has grown up, its just some of its citizens that wish to carry on the hissy....

  7. #47
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,737

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Because i say so. My opinions are mine. Not someone else's.


    Something new? Like appeasement? That never works.

    If you want to try something new, try this:
    -Raul steps down as leader
    -He announces free and fair elections for President AND the Legislature
    -Allow international monitors unlimited access to monitor the elections and allow a neutral party to count the votes
    -When & if international election monitors are satisfied that the elections were fair and with no signs of intimidation or bias, then sanctions and other restrictions that have been in place for decades will be eased or completely dropped and diplomatic contact can resume

    Easy as pie, both sides win.
    But no...Obama won't do any of that. Mostly because he's a failure at negotiating.
    I see, so when you look at China and Saudi Arabia do you have the same criticisms of past presidents who have done business with them yet both countries have repressive regimes, neither have fair elections, etc.?

    If you want the US to be so high and mighty concerning communist Cuba and continue sanctions it would be hypocritical to continue to do trillions of $'s of business with communist China, and SA.

    Are you OK with that appeasement? You typing on a Chinese made keyboard? Putting SA gas in you car?

    Anyway for 50 years our policy against Cuba hasn't changed a thing in Cuba, again so lets try something else.
    Last edited by SenorXm/Sirius; 05-31-15 at 06:45 AM.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ....about the same place as not understanding history...

    Where to you go from the Cuban missile crisis to Cuba being a safe haven for Isis? That almost belongs in conspiracy theory.
    At what point did you think people would hijack airliners and crash them in to the world trade center and pentagon?

  9. #49
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    I meant to ask this earlier... but what terrorism was Cuba involved in, again?

    Seriously. What did Cuba ever have to do with terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Forgetting history gets you what?
    This is why we're still deadly enemies with England, right? Or maybe it's just that you can't stand for us to forget your history and make our own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What makes you think Cuba is just going to let ISIS waltz in?
    Duh, communism. Don't you know that fundamentalist Islam and communism, despite being pretty much polar opposites, are natural allies? Everyone who isn't a heartland American is allied together to destroy the One True Way of Life.

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    What do we gain from empowering the Cuban dictatorship?
    Prosperity and exchange of ideas are naturally corrosive to dictatorship.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #50
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Prosperity and exchange of ideas are naturally corrosive to dictatorship.
    You didnt answer the question.
    "Opportunity does not come knocking. It is usually running down the street, you have to chase and tackle it." - Sheriff David Clarke, Milwaukee County.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •