Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 278

Thread: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

  1. #151
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Germany is not 90 miles from us.
    So you are saying if Germany were 90 miles from us we should cease trading with them because of the Nazis? Really? I think you've just proven how absurd your argument is better than I possibly could have.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  2. #152
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Have they given up said oppression?
    Why should that be a precondition to setting up diplomatic relations?


  3. #153
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    So you are saying if Germany were 90 miles from us we should cease trading with them because of the Nazis? Really? I think you've just proven how absurd your argument is better than I possibly could have.
    It's the stupidest cat and mouse game to be played at DP. If you argue that we should look past the absurdity of failed policies, he complains that Cuba is only 90 miles away. If you show that the US has dealt with dictatorships next door so distance, he moves on to arguing that we shouldn't have the same policy for all countries. If you demonstrate that we wouldn't have the same policy for Cuba as we do other nations, he says that's just going to lead to ISIS setting up shop. The guy is not here to debate the subject seriously.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #154
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's the stupidest cat and mouse game to be played at DP. If you argue that we should look past the absurdity of failed policies, he complains that Cuba is only 90 miles away. If you show that the US has dealt with dictatorships next door so distance, he moves on to arguing that we shouldn't have the same policy for all countries. If you demonstrate that we wouldn't have the same policy for Cuba as we do other nations, he says that's just going to lead to ISIS setting up shop. The guy is not here to debate the subject seriously.
    There is one reason and one reason only that Crue Cab and the like are against this -- because Obama. That's it. End of list.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    There is one reason and one reason only that Crue Cab and the like are against this -- because Obama. That's it. End of list.
    That's pretty silly.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Why should that be a precondition to setting up diplomatic relations?
    Why shouldn't it .

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    So you are saying if Germany were 90 miles from us we should cease trading with them because of the Nazis? Really? I think you've just proven how absurd your argument is better than I possibly could have.
    History, you missed it.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    History, you missed it.
    So are you predicting that Cuba will invite the Islamic State in, and give them a base of operation from which to launch attacks against America?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #159
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Have they given up said oppression?
    Your concerns are being addressed in Obama's new Cuban policy.

    U.S., Cuba hold first formal talks on human rights
    WASHINGTON

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0MR1XP20150331
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Cuba officially off U.S. terror blacklist

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Your concerns are being addressed in Obama's new Cuban policy.

    U.S., Cuba hold first formal talks on human rights
    WASHINGTON

    U.S., Cuba hold first formal talks on human rights | Reuters
    Yes, and I trust him so much.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •