Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 114

Thread: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

  1. #41
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,255

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    almost agree with you

    one can still be legal in their actions while also being unethical

    an example is bill clinton getting his knob polished by a subservient intern; his actions may have nominally been found legal but the absence of ethics is troubling
    Troubling if your 19 year old daughter goes to work for him? But for the nation as a whole...why?

    You are entitled to your reasons for voting for someone. But I do not much care what someone legally does with their private time...all I care about is where they stand on the issues.

    In fact, I am sick and tired of squeaky clean politicians who are incapable of original thought. I want someone who thinks outside of the box and people that do that often live their lives that way as well.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  2. #42
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    we can only hope

    there is no republican who could defeat him

    that cannot be said about hillary
    Yeah that's all we need is a more liberal extension of Obama. Road to prosperity = more entitlements, more benefits, more free stuff. However all that does is make for more dependency and makes the income inequality worse.

    My dog could beat Mr Sanders
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  3. #43
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,780

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Yeah that's all we need is a more liberal extension of Obama. Road to prosperity = more entitlements, more benefits, more free stuff. However all that does is make for more dependency and makes the income inequality worse.
    it would not be free
    Bernie would make the billionaires and multinational corporations that have done so well over the past 40 years pony up to cover the added benefits for the lower/middle classes

    My dog could beat Mr Sanders
    a dog that smart should be writing your posts; be assured, he is much needed
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    ...The right has no real morals or principles, it only matters who is in office and what you believe radically changes depending on it.

  4. #44
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,507

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Who??
    Same thing I said when I heard Sanders was running.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #45
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,780

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Troubling if your 19 year old daughter goes to work for him? But for the nation as a whole...why?

    You are entitled to your reasons for voting for someone. But I do not much care what someone legally does with their private time...all I care about is where they stand on the issues.

    In fact, I am sick and tired of squeaky clean politicians who are incapable of original thought. I want someone who thinks outside of the box and people that do that often live their lives that way as well.
    the wrongness ethically was a person of power imposing himself on a subordinate staff member
    maybe not illegal in every instance, but certainly unethical
    using that as an example to illustrate why i am not fine with politicians doing whatever they want so long as they do not cross the legal line
    i do not want them crossing the ethical line (at least whatever is found ethical in my eyes)
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    ...The right has no real morals or principles, it only matters who is in office and what you believe radically changes depending on it.

  6. #46
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,255

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the wrongness ethically was a person of power imposing himself on a subordinate staff member
    maybe not illegal in every instance, but certainly unethical
    using that as an example to illustrate why i am not fine with politicians doing whatever they want so long as they do not cross the legal line
    i do not want them crossing the ethical line (at least whatever is found ethical in my eyes)
    Well, that is important to you...not to me..not in a politician.

    I assume most politicians are selfish jerks who could care less about the country or the people they are getting fellatio from. And I assume Clinton (who I think is a pathetic coward - mostly for Rwanda...another story) is in the majority of powerful Washington types for abusing his/her intern.

    So I do not much care what they do in their spare time. And technically, what he did with Lewinsky was not illegal and she was of age. Sure, it was a lousy thing to do to a young woman with a low self esteem. But it's not like it is the first time he has had problems with women.
    And since it was legal (outside of being so stupid as to lie to Congress about it - even though I think it is none of Congress's business), it is none of the voter's business, imo.


    BTW, on a very superficial note...I just looked up Monica Lewinsky. And she looks great (especially for a 41 year old woman)...much better, imo, then when she was 'involved' with Clinton.

    This is from last year:



    Monica Lewinsky Slams Beyoncé On Bill Clinton Scandal Lyric From 'Partition'
    Last edited by DA60; 05-30-15 at 04:11 PM.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  7. #47
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,994

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Dem hopeful Sanders once penned essay on women

    I present yet another of America's far left icons, for your entertainment.
    So...?

    The concept of rape in sexual fantasies and how common it is in our culture has been an ongoing part of gender discussion for decades, and still is even now. We've had threads about it on DP in very recent memory. Just because he is acknowledging this fact doesn't mean they're "his views," whatever that's supposed to mean. He's writing about gender culture. Oh, the horror!

    If you actually look at the article, it seems quite critical of these gender dynamics to me.

    But of course, reading for comprehension would require to get outside of one's own hackery.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 05-30-15 at 04:35 PM.

  8. #48
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    So...?

    The concept of rape in sexual fantasies and how common it is in our culture has been an ongoing part of gender discussion for decades, and still is even now. We've had threads about it on DP in very recent memory. Just because he is acknowledging this fact doesn't mean they're "his views," whatever that's supposed to mean. He's writing about gender culture. Oh, the horror!

    If you actually look at the article, it seems quite critical of these gender dynamics to me.

    But of course, reading for comprehension would require to get outside of one's own hackery.
    For those same decades we have been told that rape isn't about sex, it is about power.

  9. #49
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,994

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    For those same decades we have been told that rape isn't about sex, it is about power.
    Yes. And that is one of the many reasons that rape fantasies have caused so much discussion amongst those of us who look at gender issues.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: Dem hopeful (Bernie) Sanders once penned essay on women’s rape fantasy

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    it would not be free
    Bernie would make the billionaires and multinational corporations that have done so well over the past 40 years pony up to cover the added benefits for the lower/middle classes


    a dog that smart should be writing your posts; be assured, he is much needed
    Attack the rich and increase benefits and entitlements, you say that's the way to prosperity. You liberals will never get it. My dog knows better than that. That is why he will never get elected, let alone get the nomination.

    As for my dog needing to write my post. Hell you can't keep up with me, let alone by dog.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •