Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

  1. #11
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,855

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    So the question is whether Frances reservations are strong enough to force their veto at the UN. Wow, I remember a time when France not going along with the US earned them quite a bit of disdain. French fries became freedom fries, and the Dixie Chicks were roasted for acknowledging that France had a point with their opposition to Bush's designs on Iraq.
    If the French's reservations are strong enough to go public with then it's obvious they'll veto the agreement if it doesn't change.
    Same goes for any of the other 4 permanent security council members.
    An agreement that is not agreed on by all members of the council wouldn't even be declared.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #12
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    If the French's reservations are strong enough to go public with then it's obvious they'll veto the agreement if it doesn't change.
    Same goes for any of the other 4 permanent security council members.
    An agreement that is not agreed on by all members of the council wouldn't even be declared.
    We'll see!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #13
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    10-15-16 @ 11:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    587

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    We'll see!

    I don't think enough people realize how important good Relations with Iran are to America's best interests or the degree to which the US could benefit Strategically, Militarily & Economically.

    The consequences of losing Iran to co-operative arrangements with Russia, China & other regional parties are also more severe than many seem to realize.

    Iran has the highest literacy rate of any country in the Islamic world & many countries outside of the Islamic world. It is also more interested in developing and manufacturing its own weapons in the future than buying from other sources. The level of sophistication in their products is significant for Russian customers & more advanced than Scud missiles

    If the US allows Netanyahu's Fan Club in the US Government to scuttle negotiations with Iran, Russia & China are more than happy to enjoy those Strategic, Military & Economic benefits.
    An informal alliance already exists between Iran, China & Russia & the West may already be facing weapons more sophisticated & effective than we realize. They all have more advanced military technology of their own plus they have an additional edge,..... access to US military secrets via Israel.

    i.e. the Lavi Fighter Project and other stolen US technology, known & unknown:

    “Israeli spies have done more harm and have damaged the United States more than the intelligence agents of all other countries on earth combined... They are the gravest threat to our national security.”

    Admiral Bobby Inman
    Former Deputy Director of the CIA

    Briefly put, the story of the "Joint" US - Israel Lavi fighter project is one example in which Israel sold US developed technology to China which, in turn sold the basic elements of the design to Iran. Russia, too has benefited from Israeli espionage in the US.

    Sadly, too few Americans realize the extent of or impact that unification of Central Asian & Eastern will have on Western/US interests in that region especially in the arms development race:

    "The geopolitical environment is changing and it is not sympathetic to US interests. Not only has a Eurasian Economic Union been formed by Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Russia in the post-Soviet heart of Eurasia, but Beijing, Moscow, and Tehran — the Eurasian Triple Entente— have been in a long process of coming together politically, strategically, economically, diplomatically, and militarily." (1)

    The US must do what it can to draw Iran in rather than propel it into the already significant Cent. Asia & Eastern organizations


    Thanks














    (1) “Did a Chinese-Russian-Iranian coalition opposing NATO debut in Moscow?”
    Did a Chinese-Russian-Iranian coalition opposing NATO debut in Moscow? ? RT Op-Edge
    Last edited by B'smith; 05-29-15 at 11:19 AM.

  4. #14
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,775

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    If the above transpires, then there will be nuclear proliferation in the Sunni Arab Middle East. It is as simple as that.
    there is another effective solution
    eliminate ALL nuclear warheads from the region
    if israel relinquishes its nuclear weaponry, then iran will have no legitimate reason to pursue its own equivalent arsenal

    but when does anyone engaged in negotiations expect agreement to proffered terms they would not accept for themselves?
    will any of the 5+1 (notice the semantics, we cannot refer to it as the 6 nations) agree to the same terms of military site inspection for themselves that they would impose on iran? of course not. what rational nation - especially one subjected to the constant threats from the only nuclear power in the region - would allow those potential opponents access to its internal military apparatus? the 5+1 would not and neither should iran reasonably be expected to do so
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    Some presidents have think tanks and this one has a septic tank.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by B'smith View Post
    I don't think enough people realize how important good Relations with Iran are to America's best interests or the degree to which the US could benefit Strategically, Militarily & Economically.

    The consequences of losing Iran to co-operative arrangements with Russia, China & other regional parties are also more severe than many seem to realize.

    Iran has the highest literacy rate of any country in the Islamic world & many countries outside of the Islamic world. It is also more interested in developing and manufacturing its own weapons in the future than buying from other sources. The level of sophistication in their products is significant for Russian customers & more advanced than Scud missiles

    If the US allows Netanyahu's Fan Club in the US Government to scuttle negotiations with Iran, Russia & China are more than happy to enjoy those Strategic, Military & Economic benefits.
    An informal alliance already exists between Iran, China & Russia & the West may already be facing weapons more sophisticated & effective than we realize. They all have more advanced military technology of their own plus they have an additional edge,..... access to US military secrets via Israel.

    i.e. the Lavi Fighter Project and other stolen US technology, known & unknown:

    “Israeli spies have done more harm and have damaged the United States more than the intelligence agents of all other countries on earth combined... They are the gravest threat to our national security.”

    Admiral Bobby Inman
    Former Deputy Director of the CIA

    Briefly put, the story of the "Joint" US - Israel Lavi fighter project is one example in which Israel sold US developed technology to China which, in turn sold the basic elements of the design to Iran. Russia, too has benefited from Israeli espionage in the US.

    Sadly, too few Americans realize the extent of or impact that unification of Central Asian & Eastern will have on Western/US interests in that region especially in the arms development race:

    "The geopolitical environment is changing and it is not sympathetic to US interests. Not only has a Eurasian Economic Union been formed by Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Russia in the post-Soviet heart of Eurasia, but Beijing, Moscow, and Tehran — the Eurasian Triple Entente— have been in a long process of coming together politically, strategically, economically, diplomatically, and militarily." (1)

    The US must do what it can to draw Iran in rather than propel it into the already significant Cent. Asia & Eastern organizations


    Thanks














    (1) “Did a Chinese-Russian-Iranian coalition opposing NATO debut in Moscow?”
    Did a Chinese-Russian-Iranian coalition opposing NATO debut in Moscow? ? RT Op-Edge
    Great points, I readily agree. USFP is clearly about a comparative few elitist wealthy people. It's not based upon what's good for you and I, let alone the Iranian citizens. I don't believe those people have any allegiances, don't see borders, and don't want a middle class. The points you made on Iran are correct, and Iran could just as easily be a friend and ally to the United States as they've been made into an enemy. But like you said, they reached out to Russia and China. As a matter of fact, there's a very obvious pattern over the last dozen years or so in which our policies, primarily in the Middle East are causing Russia and China to do the logical and forge tighter relations. I fail to see how that's going to be in my interest.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    I suspect failure is right around the corner, as it should be. There is too much that Iran will not agree to.
    It shouldn't be about what Iran is willing to do. We should simply be dictating to them what we will do whatever that is. Iran has us looking like fools.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    It shouldn't be about what Iran is willing to do. We should simply be dictating to them what we will do whatever that is. Iran has us looking like fools.
    Boy, the balancing of power and shifting to a Multi-polar world is going to really be a challenge accepting it by some.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Boy, the balancing of power and shifting to a Multi-polar world is going to really be a challenge accepting it by some.
    I can't imagine why you would think I would support balanced power in the world.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    I can't imagine why you would think I would support balanced power in the world.
    But I don't, which is why I said that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,004

    Re: The US-Iran nuclear talks are about to shift into high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by B'smith View Post
    I don't think enough people realize how important good Relations with Iran are to America's best interests or the degree to which the US could benefit Strategically, Militarily & Economically.

    The consequences of losing Iran to co-operative arrangements with Russia, China & other regional parties are also more severe than many seem to realize.

    Iran has the highest literacy rate of any country in the Islamic world & many countries outside of the Islamic world. It is also more interested in developing and manufacturing its own weapons in the future than buying from other sources. The level of sophistication in their products is significant for Russian customers & more advanced than Scud missiles

    If the US allows Netanyahu's Fan Club in the US Government to scuttle negotiations with Iran, Russia & China are more than happy to enjoy those Strategic, Military & Economic benefits.
    An informal alliance already exists between Iran, China & Russia & the West may already be facing weapons more sophisticated & effective than we realize. They all have more advanced military technology of their own plus they have an additional edge,..... access to US military secrets via Israel.

    i.e. the Lavi Fighter Project and other stolen US technology, known & unknown:

    “Israeli spies have done more harm and have damaged the United States more than the intelligence agents of all other countries on earth combined... They are the gravest threat to our national security.”

    Admiral Bobby Inman
    Former Deputy Director of the CIA

    Briefly put, the story of the "Joint" US - Israel Lavi fighter project is one example in which Israel sold US developed technology to China which, in turn sold the basic elements of the design to Iran. Russia, too has benefited from Israeli espionage in the US.

    Sadly, too few Americans realize the extent of or impact that unification of Central Asian & Eastern will have on Western/US interests in that region especially in the arms development race:

    "The geopolitical environment is changing and it is not sympathetic to US interests. Not only has a Eurasian Economic Union been formed by Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Russia in the post-Soviet heart of Eurasia, but Beijing, Moscow, and Tehran — the Eurasian Triple Entente— have been in a long process of coming together politically, strategically, economically, diplomatically, and militarily." (1)

    The US must do what it can to draw Iran in rather than propel it into the already significant Cent. Asia & Eastern organizations


    Thanks














    (1) “Did a Chinese-Russian-Iranian coalition opposing NATO debut in Moscow?”
    Did a Chinese-Russian-Iranian coalition opposing NATO debut in Moscow? ? RT Op-Edge
    That is quite a good description of a sliver of potential developments. Thing is that it is not really the main issue, which is the shift in relative economic power and the resulting effects on security. There is nothing the USA can do to prevent that and it is more a question of how to deal with it and prevent a highly likely world war.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •