Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 279

Thread: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty[W:203]

  1. #161
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,807

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Life-in-prison inmates with no chance of parole actually live happy lives. Knowing they'll never get out of prison, they adapt. Their world becomes the prison, and they find their own meaning in it, without the stress and bother that comes with hope of getting out.

    Death penalty inmates are quite the opposite. They have to eat and sleep their coming fate on a daily basis, and the mental anguish and fears that accompany it. It's a life of hell before death.

    This is a dark day for past and future victims of Nebraska.

  2. #162
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,366
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    But the state killing people is? May I remind you that our justice system if filled with errors, and the recent revelations that the FBI essentially intentionally falsified evidence to retain convictions just sheds light on our justice system problems, and you think it wise that the state has the power to execute individuals?
    Through Due Process, Yes

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,875

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Life-in-prison inmates with no chance of parole actually live happy lives. Knowing they'll never get out of prison, they adapt. Their world becomes the prison, and they find their own meaning in it, without the stress and bother that comes with hope of getting out.

    Death penalty inmates are quite the opposite. They have to eat and sleep their coming fate on a daily basis, and the mental anguish and fears that accompany it. It's a life of hell before death.

    This is a dark day for past and future victims of Nebraska.
    Assuming that's true, so what? The issues with the death penalty are that it's arbitrarily applied, has resulted in hundreds of convictions of innocent people etc. What you seem to be saying is those innocents who aren't actually executed are still unconscionable victims of the death penalty. That is, IMO, just a stronger argument to do away with it, rather than keep it.

    And the victims of most death row inmates are dead. It might mean it's a dark day for the victims' families who don't see the state exact revenge for the death of their loved one, but I don't see revenge as the primary role of the justice system.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    53,086

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Life-in-prison inmates with no chance of parole actually live happy lives.
    I don't quite see you volunteering to live in prison, yeah?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Okay, then you just choose to operate under the delusion that innocent aren't sent to death row, even though I've given you evidence that people have been wrongly convicted even when DNA evidence was used.
    Never said any such thing. Your conclusions on my rhetoric, are not based on evidence....you, like most libs, make it up as you go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Jumps right into a personal attack. Interesting. No, clearly no emotion coming from this guy.

    You said you wanted to execute drug dealers. Have you changed your mind?

    Making it easier to execute someone makes it easier to execute an innocent person.
    Noooo...I didn't jump right in....I let them make fools of themselves first! Nope...no emotion...just logic. Try it sometime.

    Drug Dealers? Of course not. They are as dangerous as anyone.......and have taken the lives of many....just by their disregard of human life for the greed they possess.
    Sorry folks if some of you are drug dealers .......or have favorite drug dealers who supply your poison! I've been busting drug dealers since 1970....and love every minute of it! Nothing has given me more satisfaction to to take down drug dealers!

    Out of all the thousands of heinous monsters out there.....very few are truly innocent! And be advised, that is not for you or I to sort out....it's for a court of law.
    I'm citing 30 years of LE experience.
    Once a person is convicted w/o a doubt(and I have cited perfect examples of that) then I think the path to the DP needs to be cleared of rubbish and get it done!
    Last edited by MickeyW; 05-28-15 at 12:28 PM.

  6. #166
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,507

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Good on Nebraska. I've never been a proponent of the death penalty.

    I would say, however, that "Life in Solitary" should be added to available sentences since a prisoner who is sentenced to life needs to still have something worse hanging over their head or they are essentially free to do what they want in prison.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #167
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,488

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    So, a guy compares these two options.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Knowing they'll never get out of prison, they adapt. Their world becomes the prison, and they find their own meaning in it, without the stress and bother that comes with hope of getting out.
    They have to eat and sleep their coming fate on a daily basis, and the mental anguish and fears that accompany it. It's a life of hell before death.
    And picks the second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  8. #168
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,488

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyW View Post
    Never said any such thing. Your conclusions on my rhetoric, are not based on evidence....you, like most libs, make it up as you go.



    Noooo...I didn't jump right in....I let them make fools of themselves first! Nope...no emotion...just logic. Try it sometime.

    Drug Dealers? Of course not. They are as dangerous as anyone.......and have taken the lives of many....just by their disregard of human life for the greed they possess.
    Sorry folks if some of you are drug dealers .......or have favorite drug dealers who supply your poison! I've been busting drug dealers since 1970....and love every minute of it! Nothing has given me more satisfaction to to take down drug dealers!

    Out of all the thousands of heinous monsters out there.....very few are truly innocent!
    So you'd execute an 18 year old drug dealer?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You do seem pretty angry.

    But if what you say is true, you are a literal sociopath and should seek help.
    Angry only at the silly attitudes of bleeding heart libs!

    Sociopath? How about Realist! Take off your liberal educated blinders!!

    I've worked the prison system....and the streets. Most of you are book smart with no practical education whatsoever.

  10. #170
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,418

    Re: Nebraska Abolishes Death Penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyW View Post
    Never said any such thing. Your conclusions on my rhetoric, are not based on evidence....you, like most libs, make it up as you go.
    Well, what do you expect me to think then? You don't seem especially worried about innocent people going to death row, which leads me to one of two conclusions:

    a)Innocent people aren't going to death row, or
    b)It's no big deal for innocent people to go to death row

    Which is it? If there's a third option I'm all ears.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •