Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85

Thread: FIFA Inquiry Yields Indictments; U.S. Officials Vow to Pursue More

  1. #71
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71,450

    Re: FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Sepp Blatter Isn’t Among Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    You're wrong. I think most people outside the US will be saying "thank God someone's prepared to take them on!" I think that it really takes an organisation with the resources of the FBI to have the ability to investigate this incredibly complex and wide-ranging web of corruption. It might be a bit ironic that they aren't prepared to tackle, for example, corruption in the NCAA, or in Wall Street, but whatever the poor motive, I'm delighted FIFA's finally going to get some come-uppance.

    If you doubt how merited that appointment with Nemesis might be, take a look at this:





    lol, so American interverntionalism is good when it's about soccer...
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  2. #72
    Sic et Non


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,063

    Re: FIFA Inquiry Yields Indictments; U.S. Officials Vow to Pursue More

    Will There Be Enough Votes To Oust Sepp Blatter?

    Despite the ingrained corruption that emanates from the top, Sepp Blatter will undoubtedly win yet another term as FIFA president today. There are 209 member nations and each has one vote. Blatter plays this like a Chicago politician and ensures the votes of poorer nations with financial grants to their soccer associations which is greatly appreciated.

    Blatter's only opponent is Jordan's Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein who needs 105 votes to unseat the corrupt incumbent. It won't happen. Chicago machine politics on an international scale.

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma disapproves
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    24,917

    Re: FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Sepp Blatter Isn’t Among Them

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    lol, so American interverntionalism is good when it's about soccer...
    'interverntionalism' - word! That's not a word.

    I'm not encouraging the US to invade Switzerland, although that would be way up my list of deserving countries!

    I'm delighted that perhaps the only power on Earth with the resources capable of tackling the corruption of a global body is doing so, albeit limited to wrong-doings that are within its jurisdiction.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #74
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    71,450

    Re: FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Sepp Blatter Isn’t Among Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    'interverntionalism' - word! That's not a word.

    I'm not encouraging the US to invade Switzerland, although that would be way up my list of deserving countries!

    I'm delighted that perhaps the only power on Earth with the resources capable of tackling the corruption of a global body is doing so, albeit limited to wrong-doings that are within its jurisdiction.



    Meanwhile, most americans think fifa must be some kind of poodle cartel or something.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma disapproves
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    24,917

    Re: FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Sepp Blatter Isn’t Among Them

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Meanwhile, most americans think fifa must be some kind of poodle cartel or something.
    Think NCAA without the scruples!
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-17 @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,228

    Re: FIFA Inquiry Yields Indictments; U.S. Officials Vow to Pursue More

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Will There Be Enough Votes To Oust Sepp Blatter?

    Despite the ingrained corruption that emanates from the top, Sepp Blatter will undoubtedly win yet another term as FIFA president today. There are 209 member nations and each has one vote. Blatter plays this like a Chicago politician and ensures the votes of poorer nations with financial grants to their soccer associations which is greatly appreciated.

    Blatter's only opponent is Jordan's Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein who needs 105 votes to unseat the corrupt incumbent. It won't happen. Chicago machine politics on an international scale.
    Blatter was elected primarily by votes from countries where bribery, corruption, and fraud are simply the cost of doing business. And it will continue until everybody else decides enough is enough. Perhaps when the death toll in Qatar reaches 5,000 or so it might happen.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #77
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma disapproves
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    24,917

    Re: FIFA Inquiry Yields Indictments; U.S. Officials Vow to Pursue More

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Blatter was elected primarily by votes from countries where bribery, corruption, and fraud are simply the cost of doing business. And it will continue until everybody else decides enough is enough. Perhaps when the death toll in Qatar reaches 5,000 or so it might happen.
    Don't hold your breath.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FIFA Inquiry Yields Indictments; U.S. Officials Vow to Pursue More

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    Is that a joke about waterboarding?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FIFA Inquiry Yields Indictments; U.S. Officials Vow to Pursue More

    vladimir-putin-sepp-blatter-2009-10-15-12-11-53.jpg

    Putin gives blatter a "big surprise". It's a dick-n-a-box!
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges; Sepp Blatter Isn’t Among Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    'interverntionalism' - word! That's not a word.

    I'm not encouraging the US to invade Switzerland, although that would be way up my list of deserving countries!

    I'm delighted that perhaps the only power on Earth with the resources capable of tackling the corruption of a global body is doing so, albeit limited to wrong-doings that are within its jurisdiction.
    Why doesnt the UEFA and the nations of Europe ratchet up the pressure now as well? Everyone pile on while we have them on the ropes.

    USA doesn't really have the power to tackle FIFA alone, we can help but I think leadership from that needs to come from Europe where soccer has its global epicenter.

    UEFA, commebol, and concacaf ought to give FIFA the middle finger and host our own World Cup while boycotting theirs. Especially if they want to hold it in the winter....we hold ours in the summer. We have all the better teams with the better players, at a better time of year in a better location. Coup de tat complete
    Last edited by Peter Grimm; 05-29-15 at 08:03 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •