Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 173

Thread: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

  1. #21
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,855

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Yeah, it says how entirely predicable your arguments are.
    You're hardly unpredictable, yourself.

    No, I do not take more issue with aid being sent to Israel. That's an incorrect assumption and I have already demonstrated that.
    By showing you've criticized it in another thread you've created to criticize Israel. You haven't opened a thread about aid to Afghanistan. These two 'demonstrations' base the fact that you take more issue with aid to Israel than other countries, and I use the word base because they make it undeniable.

    No, it really doesn't. There is absolutely no basis from which you can reasonably assume that one bothers me more than the other. Are you seriously trying to tell me how I feel about it? You're wrong because I am telling you how I feel about it. You know, because I'm me and you're not. My post in the other thread adequately shows that it all bothers me.
    Now now no need to get so angry about it, I was merely proving a point here.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #22
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,855

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Afghanistan is a war torn country that we are still heavily involved in, and that has a per-capita GDP of $664. In contrast, Israel is a developed nation with a per-capita GDP of $36,000. So why does Israel need US taxpayer money?
    If it didn't need it the US wouldn't give it. I highly doubt the American administrations through the years are just sending money to anyone who wants it.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You're hardly unpredictable, yourself.



    By showing you've criticized it in another thread you've created to criticize Israel. You haven't opened a thread about aid to Afghanistan. These two 'demonstrations' base the fact that you take more issue with aid to Israel than other countries, and I use the word base because they make it undeniable.



    Now now no need to get so angry about it, I was merely proving a point here.
    The fact that I haven't created a thread about aid given to Afghanistan does not prove that aid given to Israel bothers me more. Just like if I had made a thread about Afghanistan and not Israel it would not prove that aid given to Afghanistan bothers me more. The post I quoted sufficiently demonstrates that I am not prejudice in my dislike of foreign aid. You're trying to tell me how I feel and that is completely absurd. I know how I feel, and I even quoted myself to show I'm consistent in how I feel. You're wrong; you know it and so do I. Your efforts to save face are just making you look more ridiculous.

  4. #24
    User MVictorP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Out of this over-moderated kindergarden.
    Last Seen
    06-03-15 @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    95

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    If it didn't need it the US wouldn't give it. I highly doubt the American administrations through the years are just sending money to anyone who wants it.
    Are you aware of the existance of AIPAC in the 'states? Are you aware that every freshly elected President must go make a pledge to them right after the elections? The free corruption bar that is the US democratic system suits rich zionists quite fine.
    "That Was All I Had To Say"
    - Me

  5. #25
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    27,756

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You're hardly unpredictable, yourself.



    By showing you've criticized it in another thread you've created to criticize Israel. You haven't opened a thread about aid to Afghanistan. These two 'demonstrations' base the fact that you take more issue with aid to Israel than other countries, and I use the word base because they make it undeniable.



    Now now no need to get so angry about it, I was merely proving a point here.
    Wow you are embarrassing yourself. You asked him to produce evidence, he produced the exact evidence you requested and you still deflect and go after him instead of addressing the topic. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  6. #26
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,855

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    The fact that I haven't created a thread about aid given to Afghanistan does not prove that aid given to Israel bothers me more.
    It does suggest it, it doesn't prove it beyond any doubt.
    What does prove it beyond any doubt is the fact that the only place where you've actually bothered to criticize the aid to Afghanistan or any other nation is in threads that you yourself created to bash Israel. This thread, and another.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #27
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    27,756

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It does suggest it, it doesn't prove it beyond any doubt.
    What does prove it beyond any doubt is the fact that the only place you've actually bothered to criticize the aid to Afghanistan or any other nation is in threads that you yourself created to bash Israel. This thread, and another.
    Hey.. Israel is asking for 50% more defense assistance from US funds. What do you think about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  8. #28
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    15,591

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    If it didn't need it the US wouldn't give it. I highly doubt the American administrations through the years are just sending money to anyone who wants it.
    More like if Israel did not have a huge and extremely well funded lobby here, they wouldn't get all that money. Moreover, you also have the evangelicals here that think we have to write Israel blank checks or risk the wrath of God. In the end, I doubt true need has much to do with it. Israel is a fairly wealthy and developed country, surely you could just bump your tax rates up a little more if you needed to spend more on defense rather than relying on the American taxpayer.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    It does suggest it, it doesn't prove it beyond any doubt.
    What does prove it beyond any doubt is the fact that the only place you've actually bothered to criticize the aid to Afghanistan or any other nation is in threads that you yourself created to bash Israel. This thread, and another.
    Me telling you it all bothers me and then producing evidence to show I'm not inconsistent proves you are wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt.

  10. #30
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    21,580

    re: Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package [W:98]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Should we give Israel more aid?

    Israel asking U.S. for 50% increase in next defense assistance package | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

    Israel reportedly wants the U.S. to increase its annual defense assistance package by half, to an average $4.5 billion. Defense News reported this weekend that Israel and U.S. officials have in recent months begun negotiations on the next 10-year aid package. The previous package, negotiated by the George W. Bush and Ehud Olmert governments in 2007, averaged $3 billion of assistance each year, for a total of $30 billion, from 2007-2017. The government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wants that to increase to $42-45 billion over the 2018-2028 period, Defense News reported, adding that President Barack Obama during his March 2013 visit to Israel “endorsed in principle” that range.

    Defense News quotes “U.S. and Israeli experts” as saying that the amount would be separate from any package the United States offered Israel as compensation for the Iran nuclear deal now being negotiated between Iran and the major powers. Like the defense assistance package currently in place, it is also separate from the $1.2 billion in materiel the United States stores in Israel and which under certain conditions is available for Israeli use, and from the approximately $500 million in U.S. funds provided to Israeli anti-missile development each year.

    Considering the deal the Obama Administration is willing to cut with Iran, absolutely. We've invested a pile of money so far, a little bit more to insure Israel's survival seems like good insurance against a potentially bad outcome.
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •