Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 638

Thread: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS[W:452]

  1. #411
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obama was certainly proved wrong in leaving Iraq. That should be general knowledge in a couple of years.
    That wasn't the topic, but rarely are you up to speed.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #412
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post


    Typically, Muslims think like that.

    Kafirs, not so much.
    Your hatred of all Muslims is ugly.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #413
    Sage


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,833

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    I can understand how popular culture and the LW media would lead you to that belief.

    But it is off topic.

    Best regards.

    Taz
    Not a belief, more like fact.
    And I like facts.

    Fact -Bush screwed the pooch on Iraq.
    Fact -Iraq now a client state of Iran.
    Fact - The US could have kept troops on the ground for the next 20 years and still have the same results today, only 20 years later.
    Fact - Iraq is now breaking apart.
    If my post offends you, I deeply Apple-O-Jize.

  4. #414
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,332

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You were referring to 2011? That was when it was declared to be "stable" by Barack Obama. And it was as "stable" as at any time in its lengthy history.
    Obama was wrong. it wasn't stable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Although ISIS must be stopped I do not agree that Americans should do it alone. Australian, British and Canadian Forces are involved in air strikes with the Canadians, as far as I know, the only ones with "boots on the ground".
    IS is the responsibility of Saudi Arabia. they need to assemble a military force / coalition in the region and do their own job for a change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There already is 'intervention'. The question is one of size and will.
    i'm aware of that. i support bringing them all home. if IS is defeated, something even worse will follow, as is usually the case in this region. i don't believe that the problem can be solved by external entities, occupation, puppet governments, or anything else that has been tried so far. the region will have to form its own immune system to attack the tumor. it has not done so yet because those in charge there can just sit there waiting for the US to arrive, and then they can spend the oil money on themselves. i'm tired of us rewarding that behavior. meanwhile, there is a lot to fix right here at home that i'm told we can't afford to do. the same people who argue that are willing to put endless amounts of money into interventionism, though, as long as their taxes don't have to go up to fund it. i don't believe them anymore.

  5. #415
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,388

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So Saddam Hussein has now been re-invented as a good and benevolent leader responsive to all versions of Islam?
    Amazing, isn't it?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    07-19-15 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Obama was wrong. it wasn't stable.
    Semantics.

    I'm not a medical professional (nor do I play one online) but in a medical emergency critically injured patients can often not be transported to a hospital for intensive life saving care until they are, first, stabilized on the scene.

    Iraq was stable enough for Obama to pull out but not stable enough to avoid the hell that GWB (whose popularity in a CNN poll today shows as higher than Obama's!) predicted would befall Iraq unless a supporting force was left there to prevent.


    George W. Bush was right about Iraq pullout

    By Marc A. Thiessen
    September 8, 2014

    When former President George W. Bush makes a rare visit to Washington today, he won’t criticize President Obama for the bloodletting Obama unleashed with his withdrawal from Iraq. After leaving office, Bush promised Obama his silence. He is a man of his word.

    But if Bush did speak out, here is what he ought to say:

    I told you so.

    In the summer of 2007, Bush warned of the dire consequence of pulling U.S. troops out of Iraq against the advice of our commanders on the ground. All of Washington was telling Bush that the surge he had launched would fail and that the time had come to withdraw from Iraq and accept defeat.

    At a White House news conference on July 12, 2007, Bush declared: “I know some in Washington would like us to start leaving Iraq now. To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we’re ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region and for the United States. It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to al-Qaeda. It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale. It would mean we’d allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan. It would mean we’d be increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous.”

    He had no idea at the time how prophetic his words would be.
    George W. Bush was right about Iraq pullout - The Washington Post

    And you will note that the Washington Post has never been a big W supporter.
    Last edited by Tazmanian Devil; 06-03-15 at 02:23 PM.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Obama was wrong. it wasn't stable.
    Where was the instability in 2011?
    IS is the responsibility of Saudi Arabia. they need to assemble a military force / coalition in the region and do their own job for a change.
    That's just wishful thinking. I wish the entire civilized world turned on ISIS but that is just as unlikely as your wish.
    i'm aware of that. i support bringing them all home. if IS is defeated, something even worse will follow, as is usually the case in this region.
    What do you think might be worse than ISIS? No doubt nuclear weapons in the hands of these religious fanatics could be worse but that appears inevitable anyway.
    i don't believe that the problem can be solved by external entities, occupation, puppet governments, or anything else that has been tried so far.
    Occupation has noot been tried sufficiently to make that judgment. In 2011 Iraq was relatively stable and had the military stayed, as they strongly suggested, then we wouldn't have what we have today.
    the region will have to form its own immune system to attack the tumor.
    "The region" is spreading throughout the world.
    it has not done so yet because those in charge there can just sit there waiting for the US to arrive, and then they can spend the oil money on themselves. i'm tired of us rewarding that behavior. meanwhile, there is a lot to fix right here at home that i'm told we can't afford to do. the same people who argue that are willing to put endless amounts of money into interventionism, though, as long as their taxes don't have to go up to fund it. i don't believe them anymore.
    I can understand your skepticism. The lies are coming from every direction.

  8. #418
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    What a coincidence! Here are some of the lies Obama made in 2011. Or maybe he was just stupid. Either way it is a modern tragedy.

    9 quotes from Obama’s 2011 “Remarks on the End of the War in Iraq” that show his total lack of foresight « Hot Air

  9. #419
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "Level of security"??? He had an 8 year war with Iran in which over a million people died with many thousands more injured, used mustard gas and WMD during this period, invaded Kuwait later, committed genocide against the Kurds, murdered any and all opposition on suspicions alone, allowed "Rape Rooms" for his degenerate sons, had mass graves everywhere, committed long term ecological damage, and you claim there was a "level of security"?? The question is "For Whom"??

    Who was secure when Saddam Hussein was Dictator?? Are you unaware of how he was tried and judged by his own people??

    Iran
    Bush "broke" Iraq as Powell warned him. Powell endorsed Obama in 2008!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #420
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,332

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    Semantics.

    I'm not a medical professional (nor do I play one online) but in a medical emergency critically injured patients can often not be transported to a hospital for intensive life saving care until they are, first, stabilized on the scene.

    Iraq was stable enough for Obama to pull out but not stable enough to avoid the hell that GWB (whose popularity in a CNN poll today shows as higher than Obama's!) predicted would befall Iraq unless a supporting force was left there to prevent.




    George W. Bush was right about Iraq pullout - The Washington Post

    And you will note that the Washington Post has never been a big W supporter.
    i don't believe that George W. Bush had nefarious intent. in fact, quite the opposite. however, he believed that this was a winnable war long term. it was possible for an external force to depose Saddam Hussein. turning Iraq into a long term stable western style democracy using external force is not possible, though, especially when you don't take the history of sectarian / tribal conflicts into account. Afghanistan is a similar situation.

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •