Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 638

Thread: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS[W:452]

  1. #301
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil View Post
    Top Bush Era CIA Official Just Confirmed the Iraq War Was Based On Lies

    Twelve years after George W Bush initiated the illegal invasion of Iraq, ostensibly under the premise of preemptive self-defense, a stark majority — as many as 75% in 2014 — feel the so-called war was a mistake. As evidence rapidly accumulates that Bush’s yearning to launch an aggressive attack was likelier due to a personal grudge than anything else, that number will surely swell. This past Tuesday, the former president’s intelligence briefer lent yet more plausibility to that theory in an interview on MSNBC’s Hardball, making an admission that the Bush White House misrepresented intelligence reports to the public on key issues.

    http://theantimedia.org/cia-official...based-on-lies/

    George W. Bush’s CIA briefer admits Iraq WMD “intelligence” was a lie
    Former CIA Deputy Director and intelligence briefer Michael Morell

    http://www.salon.com/2015/05/20/geor...nce_was_a_lie/
    Last edited by Montecresto; 05-29-15 at 03:55 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Top Bush Era CIA Official Just Confirmed the Iraq War Was Based On Lies

    Twelve years after George W Bush initiated the illegal invasion of Iraq, ostensibly under the premise of preemptive self-defense, a stark majority — as many as 75% in 2014 — feel the so-called war was a mistake. As evidence rapidly accumulates that Bush’s yearning to launch an aggressive attack was likelier due to a personal grudge than anything else, that number will surely swell. This past Tuesday, the former president’s intelligence briefer lent yet more plausibility to that theory in an interview on MSNBC’s Hardball, making an admission that the Bush White House misrepresented intelligence reports to the public on key issues.

    Top Bush Era CIA Official Just Confirmed The Iraq War Was Based On Lies

    George W. Bush’s CIA briefer admits Iraq WMD “intelligence” was a lie
    Former CIA Deputy Director and intelligence briefer Michael Morell

    George W. Bush’s CIA briefer admits Iraq WMD “intelligence” was a lie - Salon.com
    It's clear that you don't understand the difference between opinion pieces and actual facts.

    That you would quote MSNBC while condemning Fox News and Bob Woodward is quite funny.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's clear that you don't understand the difference between opinion pieces and actual facts.

    That you would quote MSNBC while condemning Fox News and Bob Woodward is quite funny.
    Nice try, we're quoting Michael Morell former CIA deputy director TELLING MSNBC that the intelligence was a big fat, BIG FAT, BIG FAT ****ING LIE!!!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Nice try, we're quoting Michael Morell former CIA deputy director TELLING MSNBC that the intelligence was a big fat, BIG FAT, BIG FAT ****ING LIE!!!!!
    Please use the quote in the interview where Morell said it was "a big fat, BIG FAT, [B]BIG FAT ****ING LIE!!!!!"

  5. #305
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Please use the quote in the interview where Morell said it was "a big fat, BIG FAT, [B]BIG FAT ****ING LIE!!!!!"
    Morell said it was a lie, the bolded emphasis is mine.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Parker View Post
    Carter saying Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' sparks more criticism, concern about Obama plan | Fox News

    Here we go again with our desperate attempts to train those who will shoot at our backs once they will be left alone.

    They say you can take a horse to the water, but you cannot make him drink. Bush Jr. invaded the wrong country (as if he could invade the right one). Iraqis understand they will die from ISIS attacks, but many of them got addicted to ISIS propaganda. So both facts are against US there - the fact Iraqis are muslims makes them sympathize isis and they never stopped treating us as invaders so I'm not surprised they don't want to fight.

    It seems Pentagon's idea was to create non-US troops to fight ISIS and to oppose terrorists without getting involved to a direct confrontation.

    So, does it mean we spend money on training future terrorists?

    What else is new? I remember stories during the first Iraq war in the 90s about how whenever the Iraqi troops would see a tank or a bunch of Americans, they would turn around and run away. Even if they outnumbered us.

    Sheesh.

    The Iraqi army is a joke. There is no way they defeat Isis without international help, bottom line.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Morell said it was a lie, the bolded emphasis is mine.
    Then please quote where he said it was a lie.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    In the Hardball interview, host Chris Matthews asked Morell about Cheney’s notorious statement in 2003: “We know he [Saddam Hussein] has been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons.” The following is the conversation that ensued:
    MATTHEWS: Was that true?
    MORELL: We were saying—
    MATTHEWS: Can you answer that question? Was that true?
    MORELL: That’s not true.
    MATTHEWS: Well, why’d you let them get away with it?
    MORELL: Look, my job Chris—
    MATTHEWS: You’re the briefer for the president on intelligence, you’re the top person to go in and tell him what’s going on. You see Cheney make this charge he’s got a nuclear bomb and then they make subsequent charges he knew how to deliver it…and nobody raised their hand and said, “No that’s not what we told him.”


    The thing is, the Iraq War was not the result of an intelligence goof — rather, the country’s top office systematically misled the public about Iraq’s nonexistent WMD program, as well as Saddam Hussein’s link to Al Qaeda.

    On Tuesday night, former CIA Deputy Director and Bush’s intelligence briefer Michael Morell appeared on MSNBC’s “Hardball,” where he, under an amount of good cable news duress, admitted that the administration intentionally misrepresented intelligence.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 05-29-15 at 10:08 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    In the Hardball interview, host Chris Matthews asked Morell about Cheney’s notorious statement in 2003: “We know he [Saddam Hussein] has been absolutely devoted to trying to acquire nuclear weapons. And we believe he has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons.” The following is the conversation that ensued:
    MATTHEWS: Was that true?
    MORELL: We were saying—
    MATTHEWS: Can you answer that question? Was that true?
    MORELL: That’s not true.
    MATTHEWS: Well, why’d you let them get away with it?
    MORELL: Look, my job Chris—
    MATTHEWS: You’re the briefer for the president on intelligence, you’re the top person to go in and tell him what’s going on. You see Cheney make this charge he’s got a nuclear bomb and then they make subsequent charges he knew how to deliver it…and nobody raised their hand and said, “No that’s not what we told him.”


    The thing is, the Iraq War was not the result of an intelligence goof — rather, the country’s top office systematically misled the public about Iraq’s nonexistent WMD program, as well as Saddam Hussein’s link to Al Qaeda.

    On Tuesday night, former CIA Deputy Director and Bush’s intelligence briefer Michael Morell appeared on MSNBC’s “Hardball,” where he, under an amount of good cable news duress, admitted that the administration intentionally misrepresented intelligence.
    So he didn't say it was a lie???

    Why did you say he did?

  10. #310
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,879

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Sooooo... in trying to show that my numbers are off by a factor of 10 you post an "About News" article that does quantify many of the atrocities listed and appears to stop in 1991?

    Yeah, not thick enough.

    Even more telling is that the one quantifiable atrocity in that article credited Saddam with slaughtering 182,000 Kurds during the al-Anfal campaign which is, if my math is correct, more that the "factor of 10" you claim in your post. Talk about exaggeration to sell an argument!
    Interesting! Rather than defend your number of 1 million killed by Saddam, you chose instead to challenge me on the magnitude of the exaggeration. So, thank you for conceding the point that you did grossly exaggerate the number.....

    ....leaving us to simply argue over the degree of your gross overstatement.

    Note that one major atrocity that was cited in the previous posted article, that is the ONE really big atrocity of Hussein's rule, was 1988 Al-Anfal Campaign. The article I posted cited up to 182,000 slaughtered. That number, however, is the number reported by the Kurds (upon whom the atrocity was committed). Historically, those on the receiving end of such things tend to overstate. The number that Human Rights Watch reports is 50-100,000. No question that is a major atrocity, but its back to my point that your 1 million number grossly overstated Hussein's killings by 10 fold.

    Again, we appreciate you conceding that you did grossly overstate and now we are just arguing about the magnitude of it.... which is rather pointless.

Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •