Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 638

Thread: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS[W:452]

  1. #151
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,007

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    So how do we pick and choose who to help? I think Saudi Arabia is awful and treat women like animals...in public. Where are the troops to assist them? Saddam, gassed his people, but Saudi Arabia tortures people daily with the lashings, stonings, etc...while the Saudi's cheer it on like barbarians. The warlords in Africa kill and maim everyday...and zero intervention from any countries. The ME is on the other side of the globe and the chances of them rolling up on American shores is zero to none. They would not get within a 100 miles before they were intercepted. The ME knows nothing but corruption, violence and extreme religion and that will never change. If we wipe out ISIS another will take its place and we will be in a constant war. The US needs to concentrate their efforts closer to home...such as the Mexican border. The Cartel proposes more of a threat to our way of life than any other evil element out there and we do nothing about it. The Cartel is alive and well in the US...drugs that are poisoning our neighborhoods pours across the border every day as well has human trafficking. Why don't we liberate, Mexico, our neighbor from the Cartel?

    Other countries in the ME have funded terrorism for years...just to keep them out of their backyards. They fund terrorism while we use tax dollars to fight terrorism. It doesn't make sense any more to help them. It also doesn't help the perception of Americans when other ME countries sit back and watch ISIS slaughter thousands of people. This is their war, not ours.
    You make some good points. I think we chose Iraq not only because of Saddam's crimes against humanity but also their failure to comply with regulations set forth by the UN. Of course, the White House and Congress believed there were WMD's, and since Saddam already used gas, why wouldn't he have used those.

    As far as Saudi Arabia, at the very least we shouldn't be trading with them because of their treatment of women. But of course we do need oil to keep our economy and military going.

    Btw, does it bother you that people volunteer in our country to fight evildoers like Saddam, and if so why? I mean, Iraq so far has been far from a success, although I don't believe a total failure yet, but they have taken out Saddam and his family and have killed tons of terrorists.

  2. #152
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,752
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Mm-hmm. Y'know, you're a wonderful example of just what I was talking about: the "do what we say or we bomb you" mindset that seems to be the only tool in the conservative diplomatic toolbox.

    I want to ask you two questions:

    (1) If a much stronger nation told a much weaker America that if we didn't scrap our entire bomb-making infrastructure, they'd bomb us and maybe even invade us, what do you think we'd do. Do you think we'd knuckle under, or would we redouble our efforts to build bombs?

    (2) Considering your answer to the previous question, what the hell makes you think that the Iranians would react any differently?

    This is why we do things like use REAL diplomacy - which, if you knew half as much as you think you do about diplomacy, is not the panty-waisted appeasement process you seem to think. There's a reason why diplomacy is often called "the velvet glove that covers the mail'd fist". Think about it.
    Glen, I'm confused.

    I never said anything about bombing Iran to stop their nuclear weapons program. All I was saying was not to ease the economic sanctions. Are you equating economic sanctions to bombing now?

    I don't think the two things are the same.
    Nancy Pelosi said: “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.” A Doctor called to a radio show & said: "That's the definition of a stool sample"
    "Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket," Barack Obama January 2008

  3. #153
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,007

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Imposing democracy on nations that have never had it is fraught with unintended consequences. The desire for democracy must come from within as must the defense of a nation.
    Like Japan?

  4. #154
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,752
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    To the bolded. No, that was BushCo that was massaging the intell, and there's plenty of corroboration on that. What's with you guys anyway, what's in it for you to defend that bastard administration to the death, hmm. Wtf is it???
    Bolded says a lot already. No need to discuss this any further with you, your are just fine not hearing or thinking beyond to Dem talking points on this.

    The fact of the matter is as I've said, that multiple nation's intelligence services corroborated the same intel. Is the Bush administration now being blamed by you for skewing all those nation's intel as well? That too is telling.
    Nancy Pelosi said: “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.” A Doctor called to a radio show & said: "That's the definition of a stool sample"
    "Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket," Barack Obama January 2008

  5. #155
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Bolded says a lot already. No need to discuss this any further with you, your are just fine not hearing or thinking beyond to Dem talking points on this.

    The fact of the matter is as I've said, that multiple nation's intelligence services corroborated the same intel. Is the Bush administration now being blamed by you for skewing all those nation's intel as well? That too is telling.
    George Bush was fantasising about war with Iraq while he was yet governor of Texas. His first foreign policy meeting was on.......Iraq. After failing to convince his war ambitions with Iraq on the unsubstantiated claims that Saddam Hussein was affiliated with OBL and al Qaeda, or could produce mushroom clouds over US cities, he moved onto humanitarian concerns. Plenty of people knew that Bush was fixing the intelligence around a forgone conclusion to go to war with Iraq. At any rate the GOP congress as well as a majority of Americans regret the day we engaged Iraq. Catch up to speed and stop defending that colossal failure!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #156
    #NeverHillary
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,752
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    George Bush was fantasising about war with Iraq while he was yet governor of Texas. His first foreign policy meeting was on.......Iraq. After failing to convince his war ambitions with Iraq on the unsubstantiated claims that Saddam Hussein was affiliated with OBL and al Qaeda, or could produce mushroom clouds over US cities, he moved onto humanitarian concerns. Plenty of people knew that Bush was fixing the intelligence around a forgone conclusion to go to war with Iraq. At any rate the GOP congress as well as a majority of Americans regret the day we engaged Iraq. Catch up to speed and stop defending that colossal failure!
    And all these assertions and projections without a single citation from a reliable source.
    Nancy Pelosi said: “We have to pass it, to find out what’s in it.” A Doctor called to a radio show & said: "That's the definition of a stool sample"
    "Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket," Barack Obama January 2008

  7. #157
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Glen, I'm confused.

    I never said anything about bombing Iran to stop their nuclear weapons program. All I was saying was not to ease the economic sanctions. Are you equating economic sanctions to bombing now?

    I don't think the two things are the same.
    I guess I'm confused, too, cause when you said:

    "After leading in the region for so many years, sure a stumble to allow ISIS to raise, wouldn't it be the height of irresponsibility to now just walk away?"
    that last phrase does indeed sound like you were advocating "not easing economic sanctions", BUT the first part sure sounds a heck of a lot more like "why the heck didn't we keep our troops in Iraq?"
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #158
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    And all these assertions and projections without a single citation from a reliable source.
    The only reliable sources are the once posted up by the right wing neocons.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #159
    User MVictorP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Out of this over-moderated kindergarden.
    Last Seen
    06-03-15 @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    95

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    One WANTS to die and the other doesn't. Do we need to start again? My point that you decided to challenge was that M.A.D. deterrent is not effective when one side wants to die. Your argument was that "no side wants to die" ... and you are proving that by saying the only difference between a bomber crew and a suicide bomber in that the bomber crew doesn't want to die? You are thrusting a dagger into the heart of your argument and declaring success.
    No one wants to die - unless for desperation. There are no humans that are eager to die. Even the suicide bombers must have qualms about dying. Most of them do it not out of envy, but out of need.

    Ah, so some people are so bereft of luxuries that the only way they can conduct a war is by blowing up discos?
    Yes - absolutely. What, you prefer the guy with a stick versus a tank? Probably, if you're the one in the tank. IMO it's worse when the party blowing up schools, water treatment plants, hospitals etc is the one party with the means to do otherwise.

    Yes, so dying trying to save others is noble. Blowing yourself up on purpose is meant to save nobody.
    Dying as a soldier in any war is seen as noble by a majority of people. Wouldn't yourself find it noble if one german officer killed himself while trying to kill Hitler? When your ideals are firm, you are ready to suffer and die for them. It's that simple.

    So... Arlington cemetery, and all these ceremonies in the memory of the dead at war... is the evidence that the USA are a death cult too? Why do you want to die?

    No, wrong. They don't see their deaths as sacrifice, they see their deaths as personal gain. Again, they WANT to die. A simple fact that you have now agreed with on your quest to prove otherwise.
    Personal gain... after they died. Ha ha ha funny guy.

    Back to my original point: people who WANT to die are not governed by the central tenets of the M.A.D. deterrent.
    There are no sides that wants to die. Period.
    "That Was All I Had To Say"
    - Me

  10. #160
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    12-01-16 @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: Iraqi forces losing 'will to fight' against ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    You make some good points. I think we chose Iraq not only because of Saddam's crimes against humanity but also their failure to comply with regulations set forth by the UN. Of course, the White House and Congress believed there were WMD's, and since Saddam already used gas, why wouldn't he have used those.

    As far as Saudi Arabia, at the very least we shouldn't be trading with them because of their treatment of women. But of course we do need oil to keep our economy and military going.

    Btw, does it bother you that people volunteer in our country to fight evildoers like Saddam, and if so why? I mean, Iraq so far has been far from a success, although I don't believe a total failure yet, but they have taken out Saddam and his family and have killed tons of terrorists.
    I am VERY pro-Soldier and very proud of our Military. It bothers me to see the condition that some of our Solider's are returning..fighting a war that will never be won. Even tho a Soldier makes the sacrifice to protect his or her country does not mean that we as a Nation should be reckless where we send them. The region is not worth the casualties or the resources. They will never separate religion from government and this is a must for peace. I do not think WE failed, I think the Iraqi people and government failed. We gave them a chance and they blew it. There isn't anything left to do, except maybe built a base there for stability, or stake an American flag there...since we have spent so much $$$, we practically own Iraq. j/k

Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •