Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

  1. #11
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    P.S. the "you" to whom you're referring is neither Chinese, Peruvian, or Brazilian. If you want to bitch about that railroad, bitch to the Chinese, Peruvians, and Brazilians and quit trying to ascribe it to anyone else. It's their idea, not "you's."

    P.P.S. ...and fwiw, the Amazon belongs to the Brazilians, not the "you" to whom you're referring above, nor even for that matter to you.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    P.S. the "you" to whom you're referring is neither Chinese, Peruvian, or Brazilian. If you want to bitch about that railroad, bitch to the Chinese, Peruvians, and Brazilians and quit trying to ascribe it to anyone else. It's their idea, not "you's."

    P.P.S. ...and fwiw, the Amazon belongs to the Brazilians, not the "you" to whom you're referring above, nor even for that matter to you.
    The "you" was referring to anybody that doesn't care about the natural world. That includes him and anybody else that supports tearing down the Amazon.

  3. #13
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    4,227

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    For what it's worth, that would be a ride with some nice views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You mean the way the US is completely destroyed?
    "I am not among those who fear the people. They and not the rich, are our dependence for continued freedom." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1816 "[F]acts are before ideas." -- Mikhail Bakunin, 1882

  4. #14
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    The "you" was referring to anybody that doesn't care about the natural world. That includes him and anybody else that supports tearing down the Amazon.
    Building a railroad - anywhere - does not equate to not caring about the natural world. Nor does China, Peru, and/or Brazil need to "tear down the Amazon" to build a railroad through it - as if post-railroad the Amazon would somehow cease to exist or be "completely destroyed."

    Further, there is no logic whatsoever in the notion that building a railroad through the Amazon is somehow the beginning of the end for the Amazon - any more than building railroads across the United States is somehow proof that the United States has been destroyed thereby, as Fletch properly pointed out - this being a nation of some 650 railroads, with over 150,000 miles of track across it.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  5. #15
    Be different, be honest
    EdwinWillers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Divided States of Kardashia
    Last Seen
    12-25-15 @ 03:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,361

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    I find it frankly amazing how it is always the left that stands in the way of progress - ostensibly "concerned" about this or that, excuses really for stopping progress wherever it threatens.

    And yet, the left loves to call itself "progressive."

    I find that ironically curious.
    Who chimes "No Absolutes!" chimes absolutely.

    zoom zoom

  6. #16
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,077

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinWillers View Post
    I find it frankly amazing how it is always the left that stands in the way of progress - ostensibly "concerned" about this or that, excuses really for stopping progress wherever it threatens.

    And yet, the left loves to call itself "progressive."

    I find that ironically curious.
    Progress, to the left, is anything that moves the universe toward that point where mankind has no more relevance or environmental impact than Bigfoot.

  7. #17
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    38,745

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Progress, to the left, is anything that moves the universe toward that point where mankind has no more relevance or environmental impact than Bigfoot.
    Anytime you decide what "the left" thinks, you can rest assured you're full of ****.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,077

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Human selfishness truly has no limits. We'll probably lose, but people like me will fight to limit people like you until the bitter end.
    You mean the 'selfishness' of telling others what to do with their own property? Or is it the selfishness of preventing the development of a third world people so that you can feel good about the fact that you have saved a worthless jungle that you have never seen nor will ever visit? You are right, though. That sort of 'selfishness' is a problem and should be fought by those rational minds that haven't been poisoned by anti-man, anti-progress leftists.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,077

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Anytime you decide what "the left" thinks, you can rest assured you're full of ****.
    Opposition to things like this come exclusively from the left. Are you saying that is not the case?

  10. #20
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-22-16 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: China, Peru and Brazil mull Amazon railway

    While I'm not keen on heightened Chinese influence in SA, it would likely be an economic boon to the region in the form of tourism, employment and lower consumer prices.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •