Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 169

Thread: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

  1. #81
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,804

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    One could argue that driving a 1 ton vehicle on a public road is attempted murder.
    In that case anytime someone gets into a car and drives, it's attempted murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #82
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,804

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I am going by what the report said. that he had allegedly fired a gun at police officers.
    I see. Well if you want to believe fiction, thats cool with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #83
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    In that case anytime someone gets into a car and drives, it's attempted murder.
    When they drive faster then the recommended speed limit, or when the conditions permit, it is a felony. Wreckless driving is a serious crime. When exceeding the speed limit to a certain point is not equal to attempted murder, running from the police while doing so could be considered attempted murder. You are not only willfully evading police, but you are doing so at high speeds. The only way to evade police at high speeds are to do so in a manner that puts lives at risk. You can't simply drive sensibly at 80 plus MPH and expect not to get blocked in. You have to willfully make many evasive manuvers around police as well as civilian vehicles in order to evade capture. This, in my mind, is no different then pointing a firearm at someone and threatening to kill them. Weather or not you intend to kill them or not, the threat is still there. And if someone were to point a firearm at you and threaten to kill you, you have the right to defend yourself and kill them. Police are no less human then any other human and have the right to defend themselves.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Well I have nothing now because to be honest I need nothing. The only reason the cops got off was because they don't know who fired the lethal bullets. That's it. So we know for a fact they were in the wrong, period.

    So you are left wrong as usual. Or do I need to bring up the other hmmmm... 3 threads now where you backed the wrong player.
    Wrong all the way around.

    You obviously didn't read or listen to the Judges decision.

    And no they were not in the wrong. Their actions were predicated on a reasonable belief which makes them not wrong.

    And as for me, I haven't backed the wrong player ever. Your problem is you have not understood the arguments made. Which I believe was previously pointed out.
    Yet here you are stilt spewing the same sort of nonsense. Truly sad.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,600

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I see. Well if you want to believe fiction, thats cool with me.
    Go read the article on the first page then get back to me. I swear. so right now you are the only one making up fiction.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    No, what I said is that even if there were no gun, the high speed car chase on public roads justifies the shooting.
    I find "either-or arguments" hard for some folks to grasp.
    Last edited by Excon; 05-23-15 at 10:42 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #87
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I find "either or arguments" hard for some folks to grasp.
    Well the crazy thing is that when you actually look at it, it is more dangerous to evade police in a heavy chunk of metal at high speeds then it is to fire a nearly aimless weapon out a window of a moving vehicle. You might as well throw a handfull of rocks out your window then fire a firearm out of an evading, speeding vehicle if you wish to injure or kill someone.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  8. #88
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,804

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Go read the article on the first page then get back to me. I swear. so right now you are the only one making up fiction.
    There was no gun, why do you think they said "allegedly" because the police claim they had one. Yet again, no powder on the victims and no gun.

    So please fill me in on what part of my statement is fiction?
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Well the crazy thing is that when you actually look at it, it is more dangerous to evade police in a heavy chunk of metal at high speeds then it is to fire a nearly aimless weapon out a window of a moving vehicle. You might as well throw a handfull of rocks out your window then fire a firearm out of an evading, speeding vehicle if you wish to injure or kill someone.
    Yes it can be.

    I find it odd that those on the other side of the issue haven't bothered to read the courts Decision.

    http://documents.latimes.com/michael-brelo-ruling/
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #90
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    There was no gun, why do you think they said "allegedly" because the police claim they had one. Yet again, no powder on the victims and no gun.

    So please fill me in on what part of my statement is fiction?
    Guns are very lethal weapons when the target is relatively stationary. Or, if the firearm is a machine gun. A hand gun is probably even less lethal then a person who is well trained on how to use a knife. I have seen people who could not hit a stationary target 20 feet away with a handgun.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •