Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 169

Thread: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

  1. #61
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your "unarmed" argument does not fly, as it was reasonably believed they were armed and had fired on Officers.
    Grain of salt...

    Bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

  2. #62
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Is that your argument then? Ad hominems and poorly worded fallacy arguments?

    Take your silly racism someplace else... Casper. If you have nothing to say about the actual points I brought up like...

    No gun.
    Well, I am not convinced that there was no gun. But I did reply. I made the point that a speeding 1 ton vehicle on a public road is a lot more lethal then a firearm waving out the window of a speeding vehicle. That alone, should be enough to allow police to take action against anyone, even if it means using lethal force. A vehicle weights 1 ton and is generally more then 2 feet wide. Do the math. It is much more lethal then a bullet that is less then a half inch wide and weighs less then an ounce.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,425

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    No, it's not justification to be shot: the suspect car backfired which led the cops to believe that they were armed...

    Secondly, cops go instantly into "fight or flight" when someone runs. Your chances of being injured or killed as a result of running (especially in a car) go up to around 100%. As I said, those two are dead because they decided to run, just like that 50 year old in S. Carolina.
    and you are wrong they did not die because they ran they died because they shot at cops.
    you can run all day long that is no excuse for cops to use deadly force.

  4. #64
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Well, I am not convinced that there was no gun. But I did reply. I made the point that a speeding 1 ton vehicle on a public road is a lot more lethal then a firearm waving out the window of a speeding vehicle. That alone, should be enough to allow police to take action against anyone, even if it means using lethal force. A vehicle weights 1 ton and is generally more then 2 feet wide. Do the math. It is much more lethal then a bullet that is less then a half inch wide and weighs less then an ounce.
    There was no gun found. No powder residue on the body's. So what does it take to convince you?

    So anyone who breaks the speed limit and drives through traffic is open to being shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-20-17 @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,428

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I take your input with a grain of salt because that is about all it's worth. It was not "reasonable" but then again you think firing blindly into garages is justified. So grain of salt.
    No you are only speaking of yourself as it is your opinion that isn't even worth a grain of salt.
    And firing in the direction of the intruder in your garage is not firing blindly. Your continued claim of such is asinine. Which I will also add has nothing to do with the facts of this case. Your inability to understand that speak to how much your opinion is worth.

    Finally, nothing you said discounts what I pointed out.
    Your "unarmed" argument doesn't fly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Grain of salt...

    Bye.
    Yes. We already established the worth of your opinion, so it is wise of you to bow out now.





    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    I see! So if a cop thinks someone has a gun and the thought is 'reasonable,' even if they do literally no follow up work to make sure that a gun is actually there, they can just go ape**** and blow people away. Got it!


    There was reasonable belief.
    The Officer called it in that he had heard the shot from the passing vehicle.
    A gun was also supposedly seen during the chase.
    All other Officer's predicate their actions on this information.

    The sound of a gun shot was also heard by three others in a building.

    As for follow up work?
    How?
    They were fleeing and used the vehicle as a weapon. Deadly force was more than justified.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #66
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    and you are wrong they did not die because they ran they died because they shot at cops.
    you can run all day long that is no excuse for cops to use deadly force.
    They did not shoot at anyone. According to the police and the police alone... The car backfired. That is why they put over 100 bullets into them. SO much for shooting to stop huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-20-17 @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,428

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    There was no gun found. No powder residue on the body's. So what does it take to convince you?

    So anyone who breaks the speed limit and drives through traffic is open to being shot?
    Another lame argument.
    What was found after the fact does not negate the reasonable belief they had at the time.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  8. #68
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Another lame argument.
    What was found after the fact does not negate the reasonable belief they had at the time.
    Blah blah blah grain of salt man.

    PS just wanted to add... So if the police said they saw a gun and yet no residue on the people. What does this tell you about the cops story?

    Oh I know.... Blach blah blah... grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

  9. #69
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    There was no gun found. No powder residue on the body's. So what does it take to convince you?

    So anyone who breaks the speed limit and drives through traffic is open to being shot?
    Where did I ever say that? Can you please point out where I said that speeding should allow police officers to fire into your vehicle? No! What I said was that if you are running from the police at high rates of speed on a public road, police should be allowed to use all available means to end it. If that means that person gets shot, then it is justified. Of course, lets not be ignorant here. Police should use all other means first in order to end the chase and should be able to demonstrate in court that they have. In the end, a vehicle is the most lethal weapon outside of military grade explosives and should be treated as such.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  10. #70
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Where did I ever say that? Can you please point out where I said that speeding should allow police officers to fire into your vehicle? No! What I said was that if you are running from the police at high rates of speed on a public road, police should be allowed to use all available means to end it. If that means that person gets shot, then it is justified. Of course, lets not be ignorant here. Police should use all other means first in order to end the chase and should be able to demonstrate in court that they have. In the end, a vehicle is the most lethal weapon outside of military grade explosives and should be treated as such.
    There was no gun. Why do you keep avoiding that? After the car stopped and officer jumped on the roof and proceeded to put 15 rounds into the car. No gun, no powder residue, no reason to shoot as the car was already stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •