Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 169

Thread: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

  1. #51
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,731
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I generally agree with you, but the claim that the car backfired strikes me as BS. I think I have heard a car backfire one in my life. The odds that this one backfired at that particular instance just doesn't strike me as believable. If true, however, these two suspects have to be the most unlucky people on the planet.
    I may be wrong here - but unless the car they were driving uses a carburetor, it's very unlikely it backfired as most cars are now fuel injected and would have a very small likelihood of backfiring. It's still possible but rare as I understand it.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #52
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Firing at Officers. Massive car chase, Officer, has balls as big as xxxxx. Charged, found not guilty.
    What am I missing here?

    LA Times

    link added
    Trial of Cleveland police officer Michael Brelo underway
    I am just curious why charges were ever filed at all. Was there not proof that shots were fired at officers during the chase. Im sorry, but if you are firing a weapon at officers during a high speed chase, you're going to get shot and killed. That should be the expectation! Why are we trying to set a social precedent that if you are involved in a high speed chase and fire at officers, to expect to be able to carry on without being harmed. I can only think of one group of people who would expect this. A group of people who should have been discredited and called ignorant a long time ago. But of course, both crowds, the criminals, and the appologists, make the media TONS of cash. So lets just keep this charade going as long as people are willing to pay to argue about it.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  3. #53
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I am just curious why charges were ever filed at all. Was there not proof that shots were fired at officers during the chase. Im sorry, but if you are firing a weapon at officers during a high speed chase, you're going to get shot and killed. That should be the expectation! Why are we trying to set a social precedent that if you are involved in a high speed chase and fire at officers, to expect to be able to carry on without being harmed. I can only think of one group of people who would expect this. A group of people who should have been discredited and called ignorant a long time ago. But of course, both crowds, the criminals, and the appologists, make the media TONS of cash. So lets just keep this charade going as long as people are willing to pay to argue about it.
    #1 That is just racist nonsense.
    #2 No one fired at the police.

    Sort of makes your whole argument just a racist rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

  4. #54
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    #1 That is just racist nonsense.
    #2 No one fired at the police.

    Sort of makes your whole argument just a racist rant.
    #1, assuming that I feel this way because the victim of the shooting was black is in itself racist. I would feel the same way if the criminal were white, mexican, chinese, thai, indian, and or Liechtensteinian.. but everyone else can fu*k off. Wait.. maybe I am racist.. no.. I think i covered everyone....

    #2, Even if they did not fire at police, they were still driving a vehicle on a public road at high rates of speed that could have gotten a completely innocent bystander killed. Also, forcing several other vehicles, while in persuit, to put their lives and the lives of innocent bystanders at risk. This in itself, is as bad as firing a weapon if not worse. Try firing a weapon out of a vehicle while traveling at high speeds. You would have a better chance at hitting a jackpot on one of the gas station scratch off tickets then hitting and killing anyone. However, a 1 ton vehicle traveling at high speeds has quite a bit more accuracy when it comes to killing someone then a firearm.

    So in essence, your an idiot.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    01-20-17 @ 11:45 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    29,428

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Would you like to point out the law that says it's OK to shoot unarmed people running from police?
    Your "unarmed" argument does not fly, as it was reasonably believed they were armed and had fired on Officers.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle

  6. #56
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your "unarmed" argument does not fly, as it was reasonably believed they were armed and had fired on Officers.
    I take your input with a grain of salt because that is about all it's worth. It was not "reasonable" but then again you think firing blindly into garages is justified. So grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

  7. #57
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-06-17 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,769
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    They reasonably thought they had a gun.
    I see! So if a cop thinks someone has a gun and the thought is 'reasonable,' even if they do literally no follow up work to make sure that a gun is actually there, they can just go ape**** and blow people away. Got it!
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  8. #58
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    So in essence, your an idiot.
    This pretty much sums up your argument. I mean seriously if you are going to call someone an "idiot" you might want to get the correct "you're" in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

  9. #59
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    This pretty much sums up your argument. I mean seriously if you are going to call someone an "idiot" you might want to get the correct "you're" in there.
    Well, I thought if I spelled it incorrectly, you would understand what I was saying.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  10. #60
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    31,201

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Well, I thought if I spelled it incorrectly, you would understand what I was saying.
    Is that your argument then? Ad hominems and poorly worded fallacy arguments?

    Take your silly racism someplace else... Casper. If you have nothing to say about the actual points I brought up like...

    No gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    i love my nation very much. gotta protect her from terrorists and atheists
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    imo imprisonment for the flag burning offense is necessary. also, mandatory sentences for those that watch and do nothing to stop it.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •