Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 169

Thread: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

  1. #41
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,251

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The chase and the shooting.



    Had they pulled over immediately instead of running, the car wouldn't have been used as a weapon and none of this would have happened.
    So, if someone tries to run from the cops, it's OK for them to stand on the hood of the car and fire point blank at the occupants inside, even if they're not armed?

    I thought this happened in the USA, and not in Russia.
    "Those were lies, pure and simple."

  2. #42
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    07-23-17 @ 05:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,715

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Says who? The police?



    This is true, it does not however justify the shooting in this case.
    Hey, that's what the cops said, I dunno. Shootings are not justified in a lot of cases, but again - running from the cops is the surest way to get injured or killed.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  3. #43
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    07-23-17 @ 05:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,715

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Last time I checked running from the cops isn't worth the death penalty.
    Nope. I could not agree with you more. I never said they deserved to be shot. I said - they got shot because they ran.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  4. #44
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    07-23-17 @ 05:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    23,715

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Yes, because execution as the punishment certainly fit the crime. So when did sharia law become the norm in the US? Are we going to start cutting off the hands of shoplifters next?
    That's a stupid thing to say.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  5. #45
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,537

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    When it comes to thieves, what the **** does compassion have to do with anything. Want compassion do be a ****ing criminal, otherwise, they can go to hell where they belong.
    Not all thieves are stealing out of want, but of need. Some criminals commit crimes because they don't know another way or have been abused or something worse.

    Well rest assuredly you will be judged by the same standards you judge others.

    Matthew 25: 37-40: 37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

    40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[c] you were doing it to me!’
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    13,255

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    No, it's not justification to be shot: the suspect car backfired which led the cops to believe that they were armed...
    I generally agree with you, but the claim that the car backfired strikes me as BS. I think I have heard a car backfire one in my life. The odds that this one backfired at that particular instance just doesn't strike me as believable. If true, however, these two suspects have to be the most unlucky people on the planet.

  7. #47
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,537

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    That's a stupid thing to say.
    That's exactly what is being supported here. Need some examples?

    In reply to what you said "sounded stupid"

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Others who think this is just fine, including YOU...

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    This isn't surprising. The shooting was justified regardless of whichever one of the dozens of officers was the designated scapegoat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm glad the cop's okay. Those two in the car are dead because they ran from the cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They're already dead. Then the most you got is desecrating a corpse.
    So no, what I said is dead on and and the only thing stupid here was your inability to even give a reasonable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,251

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I generally agree with you, but the claim that the car backfired strikes me as BS. I think I have heard a car backfire one in my life. The odds that this one backfired at that particular instance just doesn't strike me as believable. If true, however, these two suspects have to be the most unlucky people on the planet.
    Cars backfiring is a rare event nowadays. Old cars were much more prone to make bangs now and again.
    However, unarmed people firing shots is even more rare.
    "Those were lies, pure and simple."

  9. #49
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, if someone tries to run from the cops, it's OK for them to stand on the hood of the car and fire point blank at the occupants inside, even if they're not armed?

    I thought this happened in the USA, and not in Russia.

    They reasonably thought they had a gun.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #50
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,537

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Hey, that's what the cops said, I dunno. Shootings are not justified in a lot of cases, but again - running from the cops is the surest way to get injured or killed.
    Running from police is not an executable offence. Would you like to point out the law that says it's OK to shoot unarmed people running from police? Unless it is a forcible felony, it is supposed to be illegal to gun people down for minor felonies and misdemeanors.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •