Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 169

Thread: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

  1. #31
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    07-18-17 @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,894
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    There were a total of 136 shots fired into the car and the judge aquitted the officer because he could not determine if said officer fired the fatal rounds.

    I'm glad the cop's okay. Those two in the car are dead because they ran from the cops.
    Last time I checked running from the cops isn't worth the death penalty.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #32
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,537

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    No, it's not justification to be shot: the suspect car backfired which led the cops to believe that they were armed...
    Says who? The police?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Secondly, cops go instantly into "fight or flight" when someone runs. Your chances of being injured or killed as a result of running (especially in a car) go up to around 100%. As I said, those two are dead because they decided to run, just like that 50 year old in S. Carolina.
    This is true, it does not however justify the shooting in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #33
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    32,537

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Yea heck all those rights are just bull**** anyway, who cares. The Founding fathers were idiots.

    Great showing of that Christian compassion. Jesus would be proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am 67 years old. I was raised to mean what you say and say what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,251

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Really? Hundreds of millions of tax dollars are spent on low income black families across the nation. Number two on the list is Balitmore. Its in ashes. 'splain that.
    Obviously, it must mean that blacks are at fault. They are clearly inferior to whites, or all those tax dollars would have lifted them out of poverty by now. Therefore, standing on the hood of a car and firing fifteen shots at point blank range is perfectly acceptable.

    Because black lives really don't matter. Most blacks are killed by other blacks anyway, remember?





    sarcasm? You thought that was sarcasm?





    Well, you were right.
    "Those were lies, pure and simple."

  5. #35
    Professor
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,407

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Right. In the 20 miles, they couldn't have simply pulled over, raised their hands and done as the officers told them? Or maybe not run in the first place?
    Considering what happened, running seems the right thing to do. Had they pulled over sooner, they probably would have just been shot sooner. Since they had no weapons and made no threats toward the police, I don't see what actions they could have taken to anticipate and prevent their eventual execution. It seems they were doomed from the moment the police mistook their car backfiring for a gunshot.

  6. #36
    Professor
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,407

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Just driving a car?

    iLOL



    You must not have seen the video.
    I've seen a few videos and an animation created as evidence. To which are you referring?

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Considering what happened, running seems the right thing to do. Had they pulled over sooner, they probably would have just been shot sooner. Since they had no weapons and made no threats toward the police, I don't see what actions they could have taken to anticipate and prevent their eventual execution. It seems they were doomed from the moment the police mistook their car backfiring for a gunshot.
    Probably. Probably. That's all you got?

    Tell us, were you ever a cop? You ever put your precious ass on the line for anyone at anytime? If not then what gives a loud mouth jerk-off like you the "right" to judge those who have. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Try putting your ass where your mouth is then go out there and do their job better than they are doing it, otherwise, your worth less than a pill of **** in a feed lot.
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 05:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,614

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Yea heck all those rights are just bull**** anyway, who cares. The Founding fathers were idiots.

    Great showing of that Christian compassion. Jesus would be proud.
    When it comes to thieves, what the **** does compassion have to do with anything. Want compassion do be a ****ing criminal, otherwise, they can go to hell where they belong.
    Be sure to work hard and get lots of overtime. People on welfare want more steaks and free upgrades to smart phones with unlimited data packages.

  9. #39
    Professor
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,407

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Probably. Probably. That's all you got?

    Tell us, were you ever a cop? You ever put your precious ass on the line for anyone at anytime? If not then what gives a loud mouth jerk-off like you the "right" to judge those who have. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Try putting your ass where your mouth is then go out there and do their job better than they are doing it, otherwise, your not worth less than a pill of **** in a feed lot.
    I'm interested in Americans' rights being respected by those with authority. This is not about "good guys" versus "bad guys" or identity politics. You're a fool if you trust the police implicitly.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    07-24-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,693

    Re: Cleveland officer found not guilty in killings that followed car chase

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    I've seen a few videos and an animation created as evidence. To which are you referring?
    The chase and the shooting.


    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    Considering what happened, running seems the right thing to do. Had they pulled over sooner, they probably would have just been shot sooner. Since they had no weapons and made no threats toward the police, I don't see what actions they could have taken to anticipate and prevent their eventual execution. It seems they were doomed from the moment the police mistook their car backfiring for a gunshot.

    Had they pulled over immediately instead of running, the car wouldn't have been used as a weapon and none of this would have happened.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •