Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 441

Thread: Warren Buffett: $15 minimum wage will hurt the working class

  1. #81
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,133

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Again, if you are going to back up your proof of how public education failed me you are going to have to back it up more than what one states on an internet message board. If that is your standard of exemplifying the success rate of public education, then your standards are pretty damn low.
    You just made a proud statement glorifying public education (subsidized with public funding) that included a pretty obvious and simple error - an error that you failed to proofread. I'm just sayin'....
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  2. #82
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You just made a proud statement glorifying public education (subsidized with public funding) that included a pretty obvious and simple error - an error that you failed to proofread. I'm just sayin'....
    I'm just saying you are using a message board as standards......


  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I laugh so hard when people say this. Most likely they are also products of public schooling and are practically calling themselves stupid. If not, then he is calling most everyone in here stupid.

  4. #84
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    People dropping out of high school is a reason of why we shouldn't make public university free? Why? If they didnt pass high school, or dropped out are they somehow just gonna skip the whole Diploma/GED requirement?
    If the masses arent taking 12 years of free school seriously, what makes you think they will take year 13-16 seriously? Art majors? Womens studies? Seriously? We want to be paying for this BS???

    Nah, I say if you want to go to college pay it on your own dime. No more grants, DEFINITELY not make it "free". You keep PRETENDING its free....nothing is free. Someone always has to pay your way through.

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I laugh so hard when people say this. Most likely they are also products of public schooling and are practically calling themselves stupid. If not, then he is calling most everyone in here stupid.
    I went to private school. They actually make you think as opposed to memorize BS so you pass some standardized test. Rich people go to schools to learn how to think, poor people go to schools to learn how to memorize.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post

    I went to private school. They actually make you think as opposed to memorize BS so you pass some standardized test. Rich people go to schools to learn how to think, poor people go to schools to learn how to memorize.


    Holy generalizations for $1000, Alex.

  6. #86
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    I went to private school. They actually make you think as opposed to memorize BS so you pass some standardized test. Rich people go to schools to learn how to think, poor people go to schools to learn how to memorize.
    You get that all you public school graduates reading this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #87
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Holy generalizations for $1000, Alex.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You get that all you public school graduates reading this?
    There is a reason that rich people dont send their kids to public schools....and that is because when you go to a public school you dont really get an education....you get something to do for 8 hours a day, thats about it.

  8. #88
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    If the masses arent taking 12 years of free school seriously, what makes you think they will take year 13-16 seriously? Art majors? Womens studies? Seriously? We want to be paying for this BS???
    So then I will ask, what is your point? Students drop out of school..... So?

    Nah, I say if you want to go to college pay it on your own dime. No more grants, DEFINITELY not make it "free". You keep PRETENDING its free....nothing is free. Someone always has to pay your way through.
    So, where do we cut that line of thought off? Privatize all school? Why do you seem to want to cut it off at college? Or are you one who thinks we shouldnt have public education period?

    I went to private school.
    Not to butt in here, but you doing something and someone else making a different proposal to your experience is not a valid point.....


  9. #89
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,096

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    There is a reason that rich people dont send their kids to public schools....and that is because when you go to a public school you dont really get an education....you get something to do for 8 hours a day, thats about it.
    Stupid poor people. They suck huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #90
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    The left loves to post Warren Buffett and parrot what he says as the way things should be done.
    https://fortune.com/2015/05/22/warre...-minimum-wage/

    well he just came out and made the same statement that other people have already acknowledged.
    a $15 minimum wage will hurt middle income families.

    His idea is to expand the EIC.
    I don't know the details of the $15 an hour minimum wage in LA, but if they are going from $7ish to $15 an hour in one drop, I think that is a mistake. The market when taken as a whole does not move in unison. It is slow to change and gaps can create significant disruptions and can have serious unintended consequences. It will be a shame if that's the case and the MW at $15 fails, because I fear it will be judged as a failure based on the amount not how it was implemented.

    If they are phasing it in, then good, it will be really interesting to watch the experiment run it's course.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •