Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 441

Thread: Warren Buffett: $15 minimum wage will hurt the working class

  1. #71
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I backed it up-I tire of socialists who want others to pay for what they want. that is what you advocate
    Yes. You backed up your statement of the economic crisis you portrayed will happen because of this .005% tax on $100 worth of stock by saying "you tire".... Thats not providing how this will cause damage, but simply stating that you dont wanna pay it if you owe that $100 worth... Not really backing up your statement..

    so I proved what I said and you failed to rebut it
    What? That you dont want to pay the tax? No, I know you dont want to. I simply asked your justification for such a reason.. You didnt reply, but now you replied by saying "you tire" of paying, and now you say here that you "tire of socialists".
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  2. #72
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,669

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes. You backed up your statement of the economic crisis you portrayed will happen because of this .005% tax on $100 worth of stock by saying "you tire".... Thats not providing how this will cause damage, but simply stating that you dont wanna pay it if you owe that $100 worth... Not really backing up your statement..


    What? That you dont want to pay the tax? No, I know you dont want to. I simply asked your justification for such a reason.. You didnt reply, but now you replied by saying "you tire" of paying, and now you say here that you "tire of socialists".
    I said my opposition is to your belief others should pay for what you want

    you claim that you benefiting from taking money from others is better for society

    I couldn't care less. I tire of the mindset that demands others pay for what you want

    and I doubt you can fashion an argument that taxing each stock transaction 50c on every 100 dollars won't hurt investors-some of whom aren't all that rich
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  3. #73
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Take a look at world rankings based off educational standards and rankings, then take a look at the ones that guarantee free public university
    Then look at ours that guarantees 12 years of free public school and then free grants for college that people waste with worthless degrees or simply dropping out.

    Maybe we should let those countries run our education system and keep our corrupt as HELL government out of it.


    As a side note nothing is really FREE. You are paying for it whether you realize it or not. That is something that progressives/socialists usually cannot compute. Progressives truly are a scourge to this nation.

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    The left loves to post Warren Buffett and parrot what he says as the way things should be done.
    https://fortune.com/2015/05/22/warre...-minimum-wage/

    well he just came out and made the same statement that other people have already acknowledged.
    a $15 minimum wage will hurt middle income families.

    His idea is to expand the EIC.

    so less personal responsibility and 'skin in the game' is a better outcome. fascinating.

  5. #75
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,663

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ahhh yes. Grammar on the internet, the true test of public education!
    You were defending the public education system that produced you..... with poorly communicated statements. You don't see the irony in that.

    Look, I'm a product of public education. I'm not knocking public funding for education, when carried out in the right way. There also happens to be a strong correlation between increases in federal spending and college tuition. Even the NY Times ran a piece outlining this uncomfortable and unfortunate fact.

    .... But, you have to admit, there is a certain poetic irony in what just happened.

    Who conducted the studies? Many of studies have been done to show this.
    Please, share a few.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ITT right-wingers support greater "redistribution of wealth" because it goes against different liberal goal.
    lol. true

  7. #77
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I said my opposition is to your belief others should pay for what you want

    you claim that you benefiting from taking money from others is better for society

    I couldn't care less. I tire of the mindset that demands others pay for what you want

    and I doubt you can fashion an argument that taxing each stock transaction 50c on every 100 dollars won't hurt investors-some of whom aren't all that rich
    I know you do. I'm asking you to back up a earlier statement on how its gonna cause economic damage.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  8. #78
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    You were defending the public education system that produced you..... with poorly communicated statements. You don't see the irony in that.

    Look, I'm a product of public education. I'm not knocking public funding for education, when carried out in the right way. There also happens to be a strong correlation between increases in federal spending and college tuition. Even the NY Times ran a piece outlining this uncomfortable and unfortunate fact.

    .... But, you have to admit, there is a certain poetic irony in what just happened.



    Please, share a few.
    Again, if you are going to back up your proof of how public education failed me you are going to have to back it up more than what one states on an internet message board. If that is your standard of exemplifying the success rate of public education, then your standards are pretty damn low.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #79
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    Then look at ours that guarantees 12 years of free public school and then free grants for college that people waste with worthless degrees or simply dropping out.

    Maybe we should let those countries run our education system and keep our corrupt as HELL government out of it.


    As a side note nothing is really FREE. You are paying for it whether you realize it or not. That is something that progressives/socialists usually cannot compute. Progressives truly are a scourge to this nation.
    People dropping out of high school is a reason of why we shouldn't make public university free? Why? If they didnt pass high school, or dropped out are they somehow just gonna skip the whole Diploma/GED requirement?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  10. #80
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    29,156

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    We already have the government in control of 12 years of failed public education.
    I laugh so hard when people say this. Most likely they are also products of public schooling and are practically calling themselves stupid. If not, then he is calling most everyone in here stupid.
    Ive been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. -- Donald Trump

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •