Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 441

Thread: Warren Buffett: $15 minimum wage will hurt the working class

  1. #421
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,432

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    your the one committing the fallacies not me. you claim a paywall exist but have yet to actually prove it.
    false.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you simply post the cost of going to a college and call it a pay wall.
    because that's what it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    which is simply not true as there are plenty of ways that they can get money to pay for college.
    it is true, and the potential debt can be a real deterrent.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    and if they are poor the greater portion of that they don't have to pay back as they have access to grant money and low income scholarships.
    not everyone who wants to go to college qualifies for financial aid, which you already know.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you say it should be free because of this paywall but refuse to actually pay for it.
    this is a lie that has already been addressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I simply pointed out other examples of pay walls using your own theory.
    should those be free as well?
    your examples are not analogous to a college education which can be the difference between poverty and a good career.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    your not discussing anything. you claim it should be free and that other should pay for it.
    this will be the last time i explain it to you because you are misunderstanding it on purpose.

    1-15.jpg

    we're already paying for some of it in the form of entitlements. i'm arguing that we should make the investment on the front end.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you yourself refuse to even pay for it. so I don't see how you can force other people to.
    lie.

  2. #422
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,432

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    and when everyone has a college degree, what do you suppose happens?
    we will have a highly educated and competitive first world population.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    it can be boiled down to a supply and demand equation....and I would have thought most of us understand what ramifications a massive supply glut brings.
    by that logic, we shouldn't even make high school mandatory.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well,I guess if you don't have an actual argument, being snide and insulting is the next best thing

    come on dude, you're better than that...
    i've supported my argument just fine. refer to the data that i posted.

  3. #423
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Warren Buffett: $15 minimum wage will hurt the working class

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yeah, you want to limit competition for your labor.
    I'm retired....

  4. #424
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    we will have a highly educated and competitive first world population.
    you're right about the highly educated part...I think employers will be more competitive when their labor costs dramatically decrease due entirely to a labor market glut.... the workers themselves?...well, they wouldn't fare so well...when highly educated labor is a dime a dozen, it's compensated accordingly.


    by that logic, we shouldn't even make high school mandatory.
    well, that's another issue.... and I have my own ideas about that as well... one that doesn't include the one-size-fits-all bull**** we currently have.



    i've supported my argument just fine. refer to the data that i posted.
    then stick to your arguments and knock off the personal bull****....I'm not being a dick to you, don't be one to me.

  5. #425
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,432

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you're right about the highly educated part...I think employers will be more competitive when their labor costs dramatically decrease due entirely to a labor market glut.... the workers themselves?...well, they wouldn't fare so well...when highly educated labor is a dime a dozen, it's compensated accordingly.
    once again, why even require a tenth grade education?

    because we all benefit from an educated population. it helps us to compete in the first world, and is worth investing in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well, that's another issue.... and I have my own ideas about that as well... one that doesn't include the one-size-fits-all bull**** we currently have.
    so do you support letting kids quit school earlier? i support requiring high school graduation or GED. letting kids make the mistake of dropping out costs society too much money, and there's no good reason for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    then stick to your arguments and knock off the personal bull****....I'm not being a dick to you, don't be one to me.
    if you feel that i've insulted you, i apologize.

  6. #426
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    ok. make education prohibitively expensive, and then conservatives can pay for welfare instead and bitch about it on internet message boards.

    or we could educate the kids so that they don't need welfare, and conservatives could still bitch about that.

    i prefer the latter.
    Education is not prohibitively expensive. I paid my own way through college, it was difficult, but the juice was worth the squeeze.

    We already pay for 12 years of school and still have millions either not graduating or simply skating by. You dont need 12 years of school to do the jobs those idiots are destined for. Im sure they can be trained to work in a warehouse in a few short weeks.

  7. #427
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,432

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    Education is not prohibitively expensive. I paid my own way through college, it was difficult, but the juice was worth the squeeze.

    We already pay for 12 years of school and still have millions either not graduating or simply skating by. You dont need 12 years of school to do the jobs those idiots are destined for. Im sure they can be trained to work in a warehouse in a few short weeks.
    it's worth the investment to have a highly educated population. a first world country that wants to compete in the global market needs a deep intellectual pool to draw from.

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Minimum wage needs to be $15 everywhere. We're the richest country in the world.

  9. #429
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,488

    Re: Warren Buffett: $15 minimum wage will hurt the working class

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I'm retired....
    Making it even weirder that you think more access to education somehow devalues education.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  10. #430
    stb
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,476

    Re: Warren Buffett: $15 minimum wage will hurt the working class

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I'm retired....
    Do you believe that an elementary school education holds no value because we hand it out to everyone?
    "Education is the only thing you can do that will change society. Everything else is just a band-aid." - Jacqueline de Chollet
    "Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education" - FDR

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •