Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 441

Thread: Warren Buffett: $15 minimum wage will hurt the working class

  1. #331
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,803

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What is with liberals and them wanting the government to provide them everything?
    What is it with libertarians and making up bull****?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    those on the right often have an issue with jealousy. They simply don't want everyone to have what they have. An education, a decent wage, health insurance...you name it.
    I don't care what you have. I'm just sick of people treating the government like their parents.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What is it with libertarians and making up bull****?
    What am I making up? Why don't you name me something you people will never demand the government provide or assist in providing. If that is impossible for you to do then perhaps that should tell you something.

  4. #334
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,803

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What am I making up? Why don't you name me something you people will never demand the government provide or assist in providing. If that is impossible for you to do then perhaps that should tell you something.
    Sure thing. But we have to establish your threshold first.

    Obviously if you go with a timeframe of infinity and a minimum number of people of 1, anything will fail your little test. Because on an infinite timeframe, at least one person is going to ask for anything you could think of.

    I can just as easily ask you to name me one thing "you people" will never demand be privatized. Because I can find someone who thinks we should privatize the military to let the free market work it out in the most efficient, effective manner.

    So what percentage of the population needs to ask for assistance on something, and in what future timeframe does this have to fall under?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Sure thing. But we have to establish your threshold first.

    Obviously if you go with a timeframe of infinity and a minimum number of people of 1, anything will fail your little test. Because on an infinite timeframe, at least one person is going to ask for anything you could think of.

    I can just as easily ask you to name me one thing "you people" will never demand be privatized. Because I can find someone who thinks we should privatize the military to let the free market work it out in the most efficient, effective manner.

    So what percentage of the population needs to ask for assistance on something, and in what future timeframe does this have to fall under?
    How about the same percentage of liberals that support UHC. What part of the economy do you think liberals will never widely support being made into a government monopoly?

  6. #336
    stb
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,746

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    those on the right often have an issue with jealousy. They simply don't want everyone to have what they have. An education, a decent wage, health insurance...you name it.
    It seems spiteful to me. 'Oh well I had to pay for my education so the next generation should have to aswell'. Imagine if someone from medieval or Victorian times were to say 'I had to walk 5 miles for water so the next generation had to aswell' or 'my education stopped when I was 11 and I became a chimney sweep after so the next generation should have to aswell'. Sorry but hasn't the bedrock of human society be around making the future better? About succeeding and progressing as generations
    go by? Throughout history civilization has been about along the next generation better. This generation seems to have skipped that lesson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What is with liberals and them wanting the government to provide them everything?
    The government is a representation of society. We the people. If we (society) have the capacity to make the lives of those who come next better and/or easier then why not? Our lives are exponentially easier than those who came before us, and life presents new challenges for us overcome. Why begrudge future generations that? Why not make it so that they do not have the same challenges as us to face, so they can face new ones?
    Last edited by Nilly; 05-25-15 at 04:01 PM.
    "Education is the only thing you can do that will change society. Everything else is just a band-aid." - Jacqueline de Chollet
    "Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education" - FDR

  7. #337
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,803

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How about the same percentage of liberals that support UHC. What part of the economy do you think liberals will never widely support being made into a government monopoly?
    Entertainment. Air travel. The internet. Automobiles. Beer. Farming. Electronics. Coffee shops. Do you want me to keep going?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,463

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Entertainment. Air travel. The internet. Automobiles. Beer. Farming. Electronics. Coffee shops. Do you want me to keep going?
    I don't see much stopping liberals from supporting the internet being taken over by the government. They have already made it into a utility, so what exactly is holding them back from taking the next step? What liberals actually do is demand everything they see as an essential be provided by the government. Outside of that they want to control market activity in all outlets to make sure the market behaves in exactly the way they want. What liberals actually are is economic totalitarians and social fascists.

  9. #339
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    49,803

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't see much stopping liberals from supporting the internet being taken over by the government. They have already made it into a utility, so what exactly is holding them back from taking the next step? What liberals actually do is demand everything they see as an essential be provided by the government. Outside of that they want to control market activity in all outlets to make sure the market behaves in exactly the way they want. What liberals actually are is economic totalitarians and social fascists.
    Wait, before you said a government monopoly. Now you're talking about regulations.

    How does this support the idea that liberals want a government monopoly on coffee shops?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  10. #340
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    35,767

    Re: Warren Buffett Don't raise the minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    nope not pay wall. that is called college costs money and if you want to go to college you have to PAY for it.
    as stated there are plenty of affordable colleges that students can attend.

    there are also scholarships, loans, and grants that can be gotten in order to attend college as well.

    so your mythological pay wall is something you have simply made up to continue the appeal to emotion argument.
    lol.

    seriously. no paywall? look at the mother****ing chart.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •