Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 383

Thread: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a rise

  1. #121
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Someone or company helped you move, small towns don't pay more than minimum wage while in college.
    No, I've moved to different locales throughout my lifetime and not once has someone else paid for my move. And large towns don't pay more than minimum wage for minimum wage jobs either.

  2. #122
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    Mobility is a luxury afforded to people who are able to be paid more than minimum wage, by a significant portion.
    I can tell you from personal experience that just aint true.

  3. #123
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,110

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    possibly most union contracts if they are union have me to clauses. IE they get an increase in wage as well.
    That of course is the impetus behind the raise the minimum wage movement. But what about the poor non union schlubs? You know, people who actually have a skill or really do work hard.

  4. #124
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    10-20-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    YOU aren't getting the point. You are wrong. Those cars you see on the road are built largely by Americans in America. Honda, Toyota, built here, by American labor.
    Are we better off today..than we were, when the middle class was earning inflated wages?

  5. #125
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,110

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    Nope you are not getting the point...is the middle class better off today since jobs were shifted overseas for profit? Are we paying lower prices for cars since they are being built by folks earning 1.00 per hour?
    Cars are being built by folks earning a dollar an hour? You don't really expect anyone to believe that silliness, do you?

  6. #126
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,110

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    Are we better off today..than we were, when the middle class was earning inflated wages?
    The reason we are where we are today is BECAUSE of inflated unIon wages. Why is it libs always want to double down on unsustainable practices?

  7. #127
    Advisor Nursmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    10-20-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    The reason we are where we are today is BECAUSE of inflated unIon wages. Why is it libs always want to double down on unsustainable practices?
    This is partly true...so since these company's and CEO's are American...do they have any responsibility to the overall financial health of the folks who work for them...or is it ok to you..that the CEO's and stockholders are living much larger today...enjoying the fruits of this wonderful country..while screwing over the ones who put them where they are? A mistake was made with the Unions and their extortion of wages..but even with that..are we better off today with lower wages and high profits. I could see your point..if these companies were struggling, but they are not and much better off than they were before. So, to you, the best solution was to move the companies into other countries...and screw Americans? This is as unpatriotic as it comes.

  8. #128
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,110

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    This is partly true...so since these company's and CEO's are American...do they have any responsibility to the overall financial health of the folks who work for them...or is it ok to you..that the CEO's and stockholders are living much larger today...enjoying the fruits of this wonderful country..while screwing over the ones who put them where they are? A mistake was made with the Unions and their extortion of wages..but even with that..are we better off today with lower wages and high profits. I could see your point..if these companies were struggling, but they are not and much better off than they were before. So, to you, the best solution was to move the companies into other countries...and screw Americans? This is as unpatriotic as it comes.
    I have no idea where to begin. The level of misinformation and lib talking point cliches in your posts is staggering.

    For starters, you do realize anyone with a retirement plan is a "stockholder", right?

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,739

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    Regulation is just barf that is spewed by Fox News...we have regulation for a reason..safety being one of them. Regulation must not be hurting Ford Motor Company too bad...the CEO earned 18 million in 2014. Laughing all the way to bank as consumers spent 35K on a pickup truck...LOL

    Ford Reveals 2014 Executive-Compensation Packages - WSJ
    higher EPA regulations. and other such standards do in fact hurt American businesses as they have to comply with such demands. that is why that pickup truck costs 35k dollars.
    Ford has to use more expensive material and have to find electronics to monitor those things.

    they have to comply with stricter safety guidelines which increases costs of that truck etc ...
    the CEO is a contract that says Ford will pay him that much.

    There is safety but then there is over regulation that increases cost for no reason.

    IE backup cams on all SUV's and trucks. those system sell for 1500 bucks that is just part of that 35000 price.

    also just a point of note CEO pay has nothing to do with what that truck costs.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,739

    Re: McDonald's boss says he's "proud" of wages as thousands of workers call for a ris

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    It depends on what you call a small town, under 10K is a small town and they do not offer the wages required to move from them, easily without help.
    I did.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •