Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 182

Thread: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

  1. #41
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,120

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I think every cities meat supply should be provided by hunting if possible. But paying for the right to hunt a struggling species is wrong no matter what. even if its for money and supposedly going back to helping the species. Thats like saying "If we make a youtube video of us shooting a cannon ball at a chicken we will donate 100,000$ to help stop chicken abuse"
    I reject your concept of "wrong"
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  2. #42
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,758

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I reject your concept of "wrong"
    I dont expect anyone to have empathy because humans are ****ed up. Instead of letting the eldery eventually get beat to where he finally gives up, raising the total gumption of that group they subjected it to vicarious human efficiency and psuedo-bravado trumped with a effigy of humanitarianism.
    Like a stone. A bit bigger than the dirt. Waiting. Except not.

  3. #43
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,120

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I dont expect anyone to have empathy because humans are ****ed up. Instead of letting the eldery eventually get beat to where he finally gives up, raising the total gumption of that group they subjected it to vicarious human efficiency and psuedo-bravado trumped with a effigy of humanitarianism.
    On my list of things to worry about, a guy complying with the hunting laws of some country that include him paying an astronomical amount of jack to hunt an animal, this rates about number 763 on my list, right above the social impact of gnats being squashed on the grills and windshields of millions of cars this Memorial Day weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #44
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    To me, it looks as if this guy paid $350k because he could, and went out and shot a rhino because he could pay to shoot one. I would equate this to the guy that goes and buys a $500k car, drives it to a club, pays $100 a bottle for wine and a VIP room just to show off how awesome he is. And then you have all these useful idiots that come out of the woodwork and confirm the latter. Then we wonder why we have so many pompus pricks walking around with wads of cash hanging out of their pockets.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  5. #45
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,724

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this sounds like new age psychobabble to me
    That's because that is what it is.
    http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-magnet-image/16841-custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker-Support+Our+Police.png

  6. #46
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,724

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    To me, it looks as if this guy paid $350k because he could, and went out and shot a rhino because he could pay to shoot one. I would equate this to the guy that goes and buys a $500k car, drives it to a club, pays $100 a bottle for wine and a VIP room just to show off how awesome he is. And then you have all these useful idiots that come out of the woodwork and confirm the latter. Then we wonder why we have so many pompus pricks walking around with wads of cash hanging out of their pockets.
    Nope, I don't wonder, I don't really care. They earned their money they can do what they wish with it.
    http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-magnet-image/16841-custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker-Support+Our+Police.png

  7. #47
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Nope, I don't wonder, I don't really care. They earned their money they can do what they wish with it.
    I agree. If you have money, and the market is such that you have to pay that amount of money to have the rights to bag a rhino, then so be it. It still does not keep me from the opinion that someone who would pay this much money to bag a rhino is not a pompus ass. Do you know how much food $350k can provide for an impoverished community? This was no more then a "look at me" stunt. I would feel like a complete ass if I were the person that was highlighted in this story.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  8. #48
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    170,120

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    To me, it looks as if this guy paid $350k because he could, and went out and shot a rhino because he could pay to shoot one. I would equate this to the guy that goes and buys a $500k car, drives it to a club, pays $100 a bottle for wine and a VIP room just to show off how awesome he is. And then you have all these useful idiots that come out of the woodwork and confirm the latter. Then we wonder why we have so many pompus pricks walking around with wads of cash hanging out of their pockets.
    Liberals should love it-its income redistribution at its finest. 350K to some third world nation
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #49
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Liberals should love it-its income redistribution at its finest. 350K to some third world nation
    Well, if you really want to redistribute income, you could advertise 13 year old girls virginity for less money and make a huge profit.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  10. #50
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,724

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I agree. If you have money, and the market is such that you have to pay that amount of money to have the rights to bag a rhino, then so be it. It still does not keep me from the opinion that someone who would pay this much money to bag a rhino is not a pompus ass.
    I didn't imply that it did.
    http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-magnet-image/16841-custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker-Support+Our+Police.png

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •