Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 182

Thread: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

  1. #141
    Advisor Brother AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    560
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are right-I do put humans ahead of say mosquitos, ticks, highly venomous spiders, sewer rats and other things I kill as fast as I can
    I'm sure if it was up to you we'd have eradicated all the ugly humans by now as well.

  2. #142
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,695

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    How so? I read the article and did not see that detail.
    do you think they would do something that hurts the herd?
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  3. #143
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,695

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    I'm sure if it was up to you we'd have eradicated all the ugly humans by now as well.
    that's a really stupid comment
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  4. #144
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    I doubt it would be close on your end, but funnily enough I don't consider the "conservation" of the human species before I consider the rights of individual humans nor do I do this with animals. Unlike you and others I am not biased toward my own species and recognize the interests of other species besides our own.


    You do realize, of course, that animals are killed for fun in nature as well? You can't have it both ways.
    So we should do it too? I thought that is what distinguished us apart from less evolved animals, was the ability to reason that we did not have to be wasteful and crewel.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  5. #145
    Advisor Brother AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    560
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's a really stupid comment
    Okay. What exactly was your point then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    So we should do it too? I thought that is what distinguished us apart from less evolved animals, was the ability to reason that we did not have to be wasteful and crewel.
    Exactly. So there's no reason to justify killing and eating animals because that's what "nature" does.

  6. #146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Well yes it does actually . I personally subscribe to such charities
    I said "substantial degree"... the 20 bucks a year you give does nothing.

  7. #147
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24,464

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    NO where did I read about the culling of sterile males.
    Very first line in the thread but I'm not surprised you didn't read it. So I will paste it here for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    The rhino was apparently an old rhino that no longer bred but was chasing off other potential male mates.
    But I digress. Of course it's about the money.
    Well not the shooting part that was about culling a sterile male. Please tell me again how you failed to read the op.
    http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-magnet-image/16841-custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker-Support+Our+Police.png

  8. #148
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24,464

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    So far you have justified the killing of this rhino and what we do to other animals because humans have "reasoned" it to be necessary and because we see them as lower life forms.
    No I haven't. They ARE lower life forms.
    Said reasoning is incorrect on this matter and you have yet to show why exactly they are to be considered inherently "lower".
    Explain how they are equal? I've never seen a human farm with pig farmers.
    Now you are using what is known as the appeal to nature to fallacy to justify your actions.
    WHAT ****ING ACTIONS???
    Would you care to approach this subject rationally now please?
    Yes, pigs and roaches are lower life forms. You claim they are not, defend your claim. I've defended my claim pointing out that there are no human farms with pig farmers. So now it's your burden to prove.
    http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-magnet-image/16841-custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker-Support+Our+Police.png

  9. #149
    Advisor Brother AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    560
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    No I haven't. They ARE lower life forms. Explain how they are equal? I've never seen a human farm with pig farmers.
    They are equal because they all possess interests that are worth consideration. Your criteria for judging the equality of individuals is rather piss poor. So because humans are able to force animals into captivity and kill them makes them higher life forms? The strongest one is always superior? I have read of humans that had slaves, but I suppose they were lower life forms as well?

    WHAT ****ING ACTIONS???
    Is your memory that poor? Eating flesh and killing bugs. Jesus...

  10. #150
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24,464

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    They are equal because they all possess interests that are worth consideration.
    That doesn't make them equal.
    Your criteria for judging the equality of individuals is rather piss poor.
    Your opinion is irrelevant.
    So because humans are able to force animals into captivity and kill them makes them higher life forms?
    No our higher intelligence makes us higher life forms.
    The strongest one is always superior?
    No the smartest.
    I have read of humans that had slaves, but I suppose they were lower life forms as well?
    Wtf aren't you understanding humans are higher life forms.


    Is your memory that poor? Eating flesh and killing bugs. Jesus...
    I already answered that.
    http://www.supportourribbons.com/custom-magnet-image/16841-custom-ribbon-magnet-sticker-Support+Our+Police.png

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •