Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 182

Thread: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

  1. #131
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what bugs you the most

    Hunters use guns-an item you are on record for wanting to ban
    or that the guy was wealthy?
    Now lets say in some kind of end of America satiation, where there are no stores, or the prices are so high no one can afford it, then yes, I would be out there with everyone else hunting down my dinner.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  2. #132
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,540

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I understand, as I eat this itallian sub, that some animals had to die in order for me to be eating this sandwich right now. I understand that much. I understand that is how nature is suppose to work. Hunting for sport to me is disgusting. Why kill more then you need to kill? For fun? I never understood how killing anything was fun.

    Ill go to the store all day and buy chicken and fry it up on the grill. Or ill go to outback and have a nice juicy steak. But since there is already a lot of killing going on, and it is enough to feed me. Basically what I am getting at is I am not going to go out and kill a chicken, when I could go down to the supermarket and buy one that is already dead and ready to eat.
    eating food you enjoy that requires the death of animal is OK with you but hunting for sport isn't

    hypocrisy at its finest
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  3. #133
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,540

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Now lets say in some kind of end of America satiation, where there are no stores, or the prices are so high no one can afford it, then yes, I would be out there with everyone else hunting down my dinner.
    with what? your bare hands?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #134
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    eating food you enjoy that requires the death of animal is OK with you but hunting for sport isn't

    hypocrisy at its finest
    Hunting for sport and killing to eat are not the same thing. Why am I even entertaining this post just to point out the obvious as it is some kind of revelation that only I had just now. I don't think it requires any explaining at all, and everyone knows the difference between hunting for sport and hunting to feed your family.

    And of course I would use a gun if I were hunting for food.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  5. #135
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,540

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Hunting for sport and killing to eat are not the same thing. Why am I even entertaining this post just to point out the obvious as it is some kind of revelation that only I had just now. I don't think it requires any explaining at all, and everyone knows the difference between hunting for sport and hunting to feed your family.

    And of course I would use a gun if I were hunting for food.
    I am talking about you enjoying a meal of a dead animal that someone else killed for you
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  6. #136
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am talking about you enjoying a meal of a dead animal that someone else killed for you
    I would go to the store and buy it. Because stores purchase them from slaughter houses that use and sell as much of the animal as they can unlike many hunters who eat the meat and throw everything else away. Or like me, I would have no use for anything but the meat, so its better for me to purchase it from the store so that the animal that died to feed me gets put to much better use then I could alone use it for.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  7. #137
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,540

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I would go to the store and buy it. Because stores purchase them from slaughter houses that use and sell as much of the animal as they can unlike many hunters who eat the meat and throw everything else away. Or like me, I would have no use for anything but the meat, so its better for me to purchase it from the store so that the animal that died to feed me gets put to much better use then I could alone use it for.
    enjoy eating meat-fine with me
    enjoy hunting animals legally-fine with me
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #138
    Advisor Brother AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    494
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    we ought to compare our respective knowledge about animals and hunting and conversation
    I doubt it would be close on your end, but funnily enough I don't consider the "conservation" of the human species before I consider the rights of individual humans nor do I do this with animals. Unlike you and others I am not biased toward my own species and recognize the interests of other species besides our own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I understand, as I eat this itallian sub, that some animals had to die in order for me to be eating this sandwich right now. I understand that much. I understand that is how nature is suppose to work. Hunting for sport to me is disgusting. Why kill more then you need to kill? For fun? I never understood how killing anything was fun.

    Ill go to the store all day and buy chicken and fry it up on the grill. Or ill go to outback and have a nice juicy steak. But since there is already a lot of killing going on, and it is enough to feed me. Basically what I am getting at is I am not going to go out and kill a chicken, when I could go down to the supermarket and buy one that is already dead and ready to eat.
    You do realize, of course, that animals are killed for fun in nature as well? You can't have it both ways.

  9. #139
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,540

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother AJ View Post
    I doubt it would be close on your end, but funnily enough I don't consider the "conservation" of the human species before I consider the rights of individual humans nor do I do this with animals. Unlike you and others I am not biased toward my own species and recognize the interests of other species besides our own.


    You do realize, of course, that animals are killed for fun in nature as well? You can't have it both ways.
    you are right-I do put humans ahead of say mosquitos, ticks, highly venomous spiders, sewer rats and other things I kill as fast as I can
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #140
    Be My Beavertine
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,338
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hunter pays $350,000 to shoot black rhino: 'I believe in survival of species'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the people charged with managing the health of the Rhino herd believe this harvest helps the herd.
    How so? I read the article and did not see that detail.
    Putin has certainly grabbed Trump by the pussy. Payback is a bitch.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •