Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 210

Thread: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Above the South China Sea (CNN)The Chinese navy issued warnings eight times as a U.S. surveillance plane on Wednesday swooped over islands that Beijing is using to extend its zone of influence. The series of man-made islands and the massive Chinese military build-up on them have alarmed the Pentagon, which is carrying out the surveillance flights in order to make clear the U.S. does not recognize China's territorial claims. The militarized islands have also alarmed America's regional allies.

    A CNN team was given exclusive access to join in the surveillance flights over the contested waters, which the Pentagon allowed for the first time in order to raise awareness about the challenge posed by the islands and the growing U.S. response. CNN was aboard the P8-A Poseidon, America's most advanced surveillance and submarine-hunting aircraft, and quickly learned that the Chinese are themselves displeased by the U.S. pushback.

    "This is the Chinese navy ... This is the Chinese navy ... Please go away ... to avoid misunderstanding," a voice in English crackled through the radio of the aircraft in which CNN was present.



    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane - CNNPolitics.com


    The spratly islands are claimed by at least 5 nations, China is clearly committed exerting its influence in the region. IIRC there are large oil deposits nearby.

    I also think they know Obama is a weak POTUS, and that this is the time to establish a presence in the region.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Above the South China Sea (CNN)The Chinese navy issued warnings eight times as a U.S. surveillance plane on Wednesday swooped over islands that Beijing is using to extend its zone of influence. The series of man-made islands and the massive Chinese military build-up on them have alarmed the Pentagon, which is carrying out the surveillance flights in order to make clear the U.S. does not recognize China's territorial claims. The militarized islands have also alarmed America's regional allies.

    A CNN team was given exclusive access to join in the surveillance flights over the contested waters, which the Pentagon allowed for the first time in order to raise awareness about the challenge posed by the islands and the growing U.S. response. CNN was aboard the P8-A Poseidon, America's most advanced surveillance and submarine-hunting aircraft, and quickly learned that the Chinese are themselves displeased by the U.S. pushback.

    "This is the Chinese navy ... This is the Chinese navy ... Please go away ... to avoid misunderstanding," a voice in English crackled through the radio of the aircraft in which CNN was present.



    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane - CNNPolitics.com


    The spratly islands are claimed by at least 5 nations, China is clearly committed exerting its influence in the region. IIRC there are large oil deposits nearby.

    I also think they know Obama is a weak POTUS, and that this is the time to establish a presence in the region.
    Obama's weak? Given Bush's reaction to Russia's takeover of Georgia, what exactly do you think Dubya and Warmonger-in-Chief Cheney would have done to stop China?
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #3
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Above the South China Sea (CNN)The Chinese navy issued warnings eight times as a U.S. surveillance plane on Wednesday swooped over islands that Beijing is using to extend its zone of influence. The series of man-made islands and the massive Chinese military build-up on them have alarmed the Pentagon, which is carrying out the surveillance flights in order to make clear the U.S. does not recognize China's territorial claims. The militarized islands have also alarmed America's regional allies.

    A CNN team was given exclusive access to join in the surveillance flights over the contested waters, which the Pentagon allowed for the first time in order to raise awareness about the challenge posed by the islands and the growing U.S. response. CNN was aboard the P8-A Poseidon, America's most advanced surveillance and submarine-hunting aircraft, and quickly learned that the Chinese are themselves displeased by the U.S. pushback.

    "This is the Chinese navy ... This is the Chinese navy ... Please go away ... to avoid misunderstanding," a voice in English crackled through the radio of the aircraft in which CNN was present.



    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane - CNNPolitics.com


    The spratly islands are claimed by at least 5 nations, China is clearly committed exerting its influence in the region. IIRC there are large oil deposits nearby.

    I also think they know Obama is a weak POTUS, and that this is the time to establish a presence in the region.
    You mean like exactly what he is ****ing doing?
    U.S. Plans Naval Shift to Asia - WSJ
    The Obama Administration's Pivot to Asia | Foreign Policy Initiative
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  4. #4
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "US Conservative" is just ticked because Obama refuses to go back to the days of nuclear brinksmanship, and doesn't seem to understand that in the modern era, one nation doesn't need military hardware to ruin another nation's whole day.

    As for myself, I am NOT willing to risk thousands of my shipmates (and billions of dollars in military hardware and a huge amount of our national prestige) just to fight over some mostly-uninhabited islands. Yes, there's some oil and gas. They can have it - the amount that is there is not a game-changer, and is not worth going to war over.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  5. #5
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-18-17 @ 07:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    This has little to do with Obama, the Senkaku Islands dispute goes back to before WWII. Between China and Japan there is enough history and complication, but now we get to add in the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam all claiming parts of these islands in a fight for more direct territory control over the South China Sea. China building military island control is no surprise.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 04:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Not worth killing or dying for.
    Last edited by Hard Truth; 05-20-15 at 09:21 PM.

  7. #7
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,736

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    This has little to do with Obama, the Senkaku Islands dispute goes back to before WWII. Between China and Japan there is enough history and complication, but now we get to add in the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan, and Vietnam all claiming parts of these islands in a fight for more direct territory control over the South China Sea. China building military island control is no surprise.
    The islands are in China's backyard and the claims by the Philipines, Japan, Malaysia, seem specious, so it is a wise strategic move for China. It is an area 8,000 miles away from the USA, so it is difficult to condone USA interference. Hegemony is expensive. Then there's that OIL and Exxon/Mobil, Chevron, Shell, BP and those many Big Energy campaign contributors on K Street. Just building a new Media boogie man for the next "War" campaign. You know. like the Drug War, Terror War, Iran bin Boogieman, Syria VonHitler, Libya Komrade Qaddafi, etc., to gin up the potential markets for war materials, and war profits, and "War is good business. and business is good," in a Nation that has profitted handsomely form War for most of its' existence, and that would be the USA where "War is good business."

  8. #8
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    39,531

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Above the South China Sea (CNN)The Chinese navy issued warnings eight times as a U.S. surveillance plane on Wednesday swooped over islands that Beijing is using to extend its zone of influence. The series of man-made islands and the massive Chinese military build-up on them have alarmed the Pentagon, which is carrying out the surveillance flights in order to make clear the U.S. does not recognize China's territorial claims. The militarized islands have also alarmed America's regional allies.

    A CNN team was given exclusive access to join in the surveillance flights over the contested waters, which the Pentagon allowed for the first time in order to raise awareness about the challenge posed by the islands and the growing U.S. response. CNN was aboard the P8-A Poseidon, America's most advanced surveillance and submarine-hunting aircraft, and quickly learned that the Chinese are themselves displeased by the U.S. pushback.

    "This is the Chinese navy ... This is the Chinese navy ... Please go away ... to avoid misunderstanding," a voice in English crackled through the radio of the aircraft in which CNN was present.



    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane - CNNPolitics.com


    The spratly islands are claimed by at least 5 nations, China is clearly committed exerting its influence in the region. IIRC there are large oil deposits nearby.

    I also think they know Obama is a weak POTUS, and that this is the time to establish a presence in the region.
    So, why not send up a few drones to take pictures? Let the Chinese shoot one down, we'll send up another and deny that they shot one down and that they're even there.

    At least on opportunity has presented itself for the RW to once again blame Obama, the "weak president." Some good came out of the incident, didn't it?
    Its an unbelievably complex subject. Nobody knew health care could be so complicated. Donald Trump



  9. #9
    Weekend Political Pundit
    Bob N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,799

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I also think they know Obama is a weak POTUS, and that this is the time to establish a presence in the region.
    If Obama is weak why don't the Chinese take the next step after warning the pilots? I think that you are confusing weakness to a game of poker.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Obama's weak? Given Bush's reaction to Russia's takeover of Georgia, what exactly do you think Dubya and Warmonger-in-Chief Cheney would have done to stop China?
    You don't just stop China. Gotta think that one thru and gotta really want it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •