Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 210

Thread: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,592

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    They been watching you guys invading. A territorial dispute in the South China Sea is nothing compared to invading. They are making a claim and this has nothing to do with US. Let them sort it out without US interference.
    Oh, I know that, but I do not think that is the best way of analyzing this. For on thing, this is an "invasion" into the maritime influence area of another country. And it absolutely is untrue that it has "nothing to do with the US", as everyone in the area knows.

    I do not think that will work very well. We have mutual alliance agreements and all that kind of thing, in the first place. In the second place the US has considerable assets in the area that rely on trade routs that are massively affected by the Chinese activities and their implications. These are threatening and of existential national interest. This must be understood. We are not talking soft armchair stuff here.
    But the real clincher is that the shift in power is leading to a multipolar situation. that type of constellation can be interpreted and analysed quite reliably by using Game Theory. What turns out is that there is no optimal strategy that leads to a stable position. In international security politics this means you always end up with a war. e have been testing this theory for thousands of years and the empirical data is very persuasive.
    So, what you are probably watching happen, is the second stage of the game plan that analysis in the early 1990's said was probably most probable. I have to run now, but let me remind you that this is so exciting, because with almost certainty this path ends in all out war in the second half of the century. There are ways out, but the last time we progressed in that direction was when Bush got the UN to introduce r2p as a Charter Norm. Since then it has been down hill for us all including China, Russia or Europe.

  2. #62
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    01-07-17 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,396

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Oh, I know that, but I do not think that is the best way of analyzing this. For on thing, this is an "invasion" into the maritime influence area of another country. And it absolutely is untrue that it has "nothing to do with the US", as everyone in the area knows.

    I do not think that will work very well. We have mutual alliance agreements and all that kind of thing, in the first place. In the second place the US has considerable assets in the area that rely on trade routs that are massively affected by the Chinese activities and their implications. These are threatening and of existential national interest. This must be understood. We are not talking soft armchair stuff here.
    But the real clincher is that the shift in power is leading to a multipolar situation. that type of constellation can be interpreted and analysed quite reliably by using Game Theory. What turns out is that there is no optimal strategy that leads to a stable position. In international security politics this means you always end up with a war. e have been testing this theory for thousands of years and the empirical data is very persuasive.
    So, what you are probably watching happen, is the second stage of the game plan that analysis in the early 1990's said was probably most probable. I have to run now, but let me remind you that this is so exciting, because with almost certainty this path ends in all out war in the second half of the century. There are ways out, but the last time we progressed in that direction was when Bush got the UN to introduce r2p as a Charter Norm. Since then it has been down hill for us all including China, Russia or Europe.
    War is inevitable not because of China but Russian aggression and in fact right nuclear ballistic missiles are all on high alert.

  3. #63
    I'm colorblind. Are you?
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,043

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    I am curious. Who put China in the position to have so much power? What can we do to change that? Is it even possible?
    Before we moan about what the Chinese Gov does and get all huffy about the U S response, or lack thereof, look deeper.
    Why are we in the position of groveling?

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,592

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    War is inevitable not because of China but Russian aggression and in fact right nuclear ballistic missiles are all on high alert.
    You might be right, though, the game structure does not need an "aggressor" in the conventional sense. If each player plays his game it is enough to cause wars to happen. An aggressor makes it happen faster and more predictable in that you can see him and understand where the thread is drifting. But even there, you will find that some players act as though they did not see it. Take the EU and especially Germany in the case of the gas pipelines, Yugoslavia, Transnistria, Georgia or Ukraine.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,592

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I am curious. Who put China in the position to have so much power? What can we do to change that? Is it even possible?
    Before we moan about what the Chinese Gov does and get all huffy about the U S response, or lack thereof, look deeper.
    Why are we in the position of groveling?
    That is all very obvious to all and has been for over 35 years and was spelled out in the early 90's.

  6. #66
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    You have to play a different ball game when you are dealing with China and Russia. Hawkish behaviour won't work. They will resist all the more. Compromise with them or go to war.
    I don't think China is going to go to war over a spy plane

    I do applaud your... thoughtful insight on this though.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #67
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    War is inevitable not because of China but Russian aggression and in fact right nuclear ballistic missiles are all on high alert.
    If I were you I would hope war isn't inevitable. Nuking China and Russia fifty times would mean Singapore would drown in all of that nuclear fallout

    The world would have a nuclear winter that could pretty much while out nearly, if not all of humanity.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  8. #68
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    12-27-16 @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I am curious. Who put China in the position to have so much power? What can we do to change that? Is it even possible?
    Before we moan about what the Chinese Gov does and get all huffy about the U S response, or lack thereof, look deeper.
    Why are we in the position of groveling?
    Because we're so hooked on deporting all of our potential super low wage workers who can compete with China in the low skilled market.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #69
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Do you think a world without a US presence would be better or worse?
    That's far too ambiguous a question. Distill it so it doesn't require a two page response.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,987

    Re: Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane

    Exclusive: China warns U.S. surveillance plane
    cool, let's have a dick measuring contest with China now. the one with Russia is so 2014.

    meanwhile, the roads and bridges are falling apart. but **** that. bar fight!!*













































































    *China still makes all of our stuff, so that might pose a small problem with bar fight.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •