Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic State

  1. #11
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by Renae View Post
    Oh wow, blame bush derangement syndrome at it's most deluded indeed.
    Well whom do you think was the "decider" when these antiquities went unprotected?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #12
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I believe the topic of the OP relates to ISIS and Palmyra.
    Yes it does, and I addressed that in my very first post. But it's a bit disingenuous to fret about the Islamic States disregard for cultural antiquities given the US failures to protect them when we were in charge!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #13
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,507

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well whom do you think was the "decider" when these antiquities went unprotected?
    How many US troops lives did you want to risk to protect pottery?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I believe the topic of the OP relates to ISIS and Palmyra.
    Would you deny the poster his opportunity to slander, once again, the war-crime-committing country he so clearly hates? Apparently he does not hate it so much, though, that he cannot bring himself to live here.

    As for ISIS, no one should be concerned. President Pinprick and his yes man, General Dempsey, have the situation well in hand. They are going to retake Ramadi, we're told, with air strikes! Palmyra? Well, that's a little too far into the midst of things to be safe. If the U.S. sent aircraft to attack ISIS positions there, one of them might be shot down--and then what? Or, a few innocent civilians might be killed by the bombing. Wisely, Pinprick is carefully refraining from doing anything that might get anyone on either side of this war hurt.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    How many US troops lives did you want to risk to protect pottery?
    I was against breaking Iraq, remember!!!!! Hussein had exactly zero trouble protecting the cultural antiquities you so foolishly dismiss as "pottery".
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #16
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Would you deny the poster his opportunity to slander, once again, the war-crime-committing country he so clearly hates? Apparently he does not hate it so much, though, that he cannot bring himself to live here.

    As for ISIS, no one should be concerned. President Pinprick and his yes man, General Dempsey, have the situation well in hand. They are going to retake Ramadi, we're told, with air strikes! Palmyra? Well, that's a little too far into the midst of things to be safe. If the U.S. sent aircraft to attack ISIS positions there, one of them might be shot down--and then what? Or, a few innocent civilians might be killed by the bombing. Wisely, Pinprick is carefully refraining from doing anything that might get anyone on either side of this war hurt.
    Since when is accepting responsibility for your actions to be regarded as hate. Not only did we fail to protect the cultural antiquities, we destroyed many making way for airfields and bases. Cockroaches hate the spotlight.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #17
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,847

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes it does, and I addressed that in my very first post. But it's a bit disingenuous to fret about the Islamic States disregard for cultural antiquities given the US failures to protect them when we were in charge!
    No, it's a bit disingenuous to try to relate the two completely separate actions. Nice try, no cigar.
    President Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States of America. A victory born in the hearts and minds of Everyday Americans

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    How many US troops lives did you want to risk to protect pottery?
    What were we protecting when we invaded Iraq in the first place? I personally don't support wasting more U.S lives on anything over there, but this comment is truly ironic.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    39,457

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes it does, and I addressed that in my very first post. But it's a bit disingenuous to fret about the Islamic States disregard for cultural antiquities given the US failures to protect them when we were in charge!
    I know you dislike the Americans and all that. But there is a certain difference between purposely destroying as many things as you can and someone destroying some on your watch. But I know. You don't care.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Isis seizes Palmyra Live updates as Unesco World Heritage site falls to Islamic S

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No, it's a bit disingenuous to try to relate the two completely separate actions. Nice try, no cigar.
    There's huge equation. After all were talking about the preservation of cultural antiquities in the Middle East, or rather the failure to protect such. Sorry to embarrass you.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •