Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 129

Thread: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

  1. #11
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Here's the real story on your handouts.

    Fossil fuels subsidised by $10m a minute, says IMF | Environment | The Guardian

    "Fossil fuel companies are benefitting from global subsidies of $5.3tn (£3.4tn) a year, equivalent to $10m a minute every day, according to a startling new estimate by the International Monetary Fund.

    The IMF calls the revelation “shocking” and says the figure is an “extremely robust” estimate of the true cost of fossil fuels. The $5.3tn subsidy estimated for 2015 is greater than the total health spending of all the world’s governments."
    Sure. Welfare extends to corporate welfare. The only question now is what is the line between welfare and legitimate subsidizing for a job to be done.

    SIDENOTE you duplicated your post.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  2. #12
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    My Mother was collecting SNAP from the time I was 5 to 8. Without it, I wouldn't have eaten. Your opinion is black and white, extreme and unrealistic.
    your opinion is extreme.

    Steal from everyone to pay for you. How empathetic.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #13
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    your opinion is extreme.

    Steal from everyone to pay for you. How empathetic.
    How is a five year old that can't feed himself "stealing" from everyone?
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  4. #14
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    How is a five year old that can't feed himself "stealing" from everyone?
    Your mother is stealing.

    If families in China can scrape by then so can your mother. If my dad who came here at 13 can scrape by then so can your mother.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #15
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Your mother is stealing.

    If families in China can scrape by then so can your mother.
    My Mother worked her whole life, paying into the system up to to point that she was seriously injured on the job and unable to physically work until she recovered. The $150 a month she collected kept us from starving. Your opinion is extreme, black and white and you seemingly lack empathy and even sympathy.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  6. #16
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    My Mother worked her whole life, paying into the system up to to point that she was seriously injured on the job and unable to physically work until she recovered. Your opinion is extreme, black and white and you seemingly lack empathy and even sympathy.
    Workers compensation. That is acceptable. Welfare? No.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #17
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,811

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Workers compensation. That is acceptable. Welfare? No.
    1970's, working at a shady sweatshop factory(Non-union) with bigger and badder lawyers = no workers comp.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  8. #18
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,352

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    1970's, working at a shady sweatshop factory(Non-union) with bigger and badder lawyers = no workers comp.
    Not my problem. Nor should it be the taxpayer's problem.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #19
    Sage


    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,403
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Here's the real story on your handouts.

    Fossil fuels subsidised by $10m a minute, says IMF | Environment | The Guardian

    "Fossil fuel companies are benefitting from global subsidies of $5.3tn (£3.4tn) a year, equivalent to $10m a minute every day, according to a startling new estimate by the International Monetary Fund.

    The IMF calls the revelation “shocking” and says the figure is an “extremely robust” estimate of the true cost of fossil fuels. The $5.3tn subsidy estimated for 2015 is greater than the total health spending of all the world’s governments."
    I'm just going to go ahead and call bull**** on this right out of the blocks. I'm disputing the figure as I do not believe that what they are calling "subsidies" are actually subsidies and, furthermore, I WILL NOT be paying the $18 your link is charging to print a copy of this "study" so I can actually read it for myself.

    IMF Bookstore: How Large Are Global Energy Subsidies?

    How Large Are Global Energy Subsidies?


    Price: $18.00
    Last edited by Jack Fabulous; 05-19-15 at 01:16 PM.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    11-19-15 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Arizona Makes Painful Deficit Cuts, Including Welfare

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    How far do you take that? Should all forms of welfare be stopped? Should we end social security?
    SS is not welfare. People pay into SS and get the money back when they retire.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •