Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 271 to 278 of 278

Thread: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You mean like this one??

    PDB 12/4/1998, Subject: Bin Ladin Preparing to Hijack US Aircraft and Other Attacks The 9/11 Commission Report | 7/22/04 | CIA

    The following is the text of an item from the Presidential Daily Brief received by President William J. Clinton on December 4, 1998. Redacted material is indicated in brackets.

    You really have a very short selective memory.
    SUBJECT: Bin Ladin Preparing to Hijack US Aircraft and Other Attacks
    1. Reporting suggests Bin Ladin and his allies are preparing for attacks in the US, including an aircraft hijacking to obtain the release of Shaykh ‘Umar ‘Abd al-Rahman, Ramzi Yousef, and Muhammad Sadiq ‘Awda. One source quoted a senior member of the Gama’at al-Islamiyya (IG) saying that, as of late October, the IG had completed planning for an operation in the US on behalf of Bin Ladin, but that the operation was on hold. A senior Bin Ladin operative from Saudi Arabia was to visit IG counterparts in the US soon
    Leftists apparently, and sincerely, believe that the threats against the US began with George Bush and that he ignored them, thereby resulting in 9/11. This sort of widespread ignorance is very dangerous for the country and its security. It's just as well they come here to the debate boards were they'll finally be exposed to some historical truths.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Clinton did attempt to kill Bin Laden, Bush told his advisors that he did not want to hear his name mentioned. That is the difference between the 2.
    Do you have a link to Bush saying he didn't want OBL's name mentioned?

  3. #273
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    60,909

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Leftists apparently, and sincerely, believe that the threats against the US began with George Bush and that he ignored them, thereby resulting in 9/11. This sort of widespread ignorance is very dangerous for the country and its security. It's just as well they come here to the debate boards were they'll finally be exposed to some historical truths.
    Yes and what is also rather disturbing is that when proven wrong over and over again they continue to spout the same old lies and distortions. Wonder what it is about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty

  4. #274
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    60,909

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you have a link to Bush saying he didn't want OBL's name mentioned?
    Of course not but we do remember the "wanted Dead or Alive" comments and how evil that was for Bush to say. Wonder who he was talking about.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes and what is also rather disturbing is that when proven wrong over and over again they continue to spout the same old lies and distortions. Wonder what it is about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty
    This appeared on another link but is incredible in its candor and the effects of brainwashing, propaganda and the inability to change ones mind once that conditioning has had its effects. This is leftism revealed and why, to the frustration of many, they stick to the script long after the facts belie their beliefs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMZGGQ0ERk

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course not but we do remember the "wanted Dead or Alive" comments and how evil that was for Bush to say. Wonder who he was talking about.
    And Reagan was reviled by the Leftists also for daring, accurately, to call the USSR an "Evil Empire'. Strange people.

  7. #277
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    There is no replacement for the containment value of Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi or Assad!!! Just as the Islamic State in Iraq (ISI, which organized in Iraq in 2006) pulled back, blended into the background, reducing activity and waiting out the inevitable withdrawal of US troops, without total and indefinite US occupation to "keep the peace", this "enemy" cannot be defeated. We can put Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and Assad back into operational control, or we can occupy the region...................indefinitely!!!!! That's our picks, lol.
    That is 100% correct. The only way to maintain peace is to install the original oppressive governments or to place a large presence of international forces in order to protect provisional governments, and eventually elected governments from outside influence. No country transitions from dictatorship to democracy without a lot of violence. Especially in countries were certain families or parties are use to having unchallenged power and don't want to relenquish that power.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    That is 100% correct. The only way to maintain peace is to install the original oppressive governments or to place a large presence of international forces in order to protect provisional governments, and eventually elected governments from outside influence. No country transitions from dictatorship to democracy without a lot of violence. Especially in countries were certain families or parties are use to having unchallenged power and don't want to relenquish that power.
    Or where religious factions have been squabbling with each other for centuries. To just assume they were 'Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq’ and that it would remain that way, going against all the advice of the previous administration and the military leaders, is one of the worst blunders in American history. Probably the worst since Hitler invaded Russia.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •