Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 278

Thread: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

  1. #231
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,743

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    President Bush was a Hitler, a war criminal, a mass murderer, a warmongering liar, and so on--many times over what would be needed for impeachment. And yet no serious effort was ever made by Democrats in the House to impeach him. Rings just a bit hollow, but then lying is part of being a leftist. President Pinocchio and the Belle of Benghazi, for example, are lying almost every time their mouths are moving.
    Amazing, isn't it, all that name calling, all those charges, all those claims, all those lies, all that murdering, all that violating the principles of the office and yet Bush was never impeached by a Democrat Congress even after the Democrats took total control of Congress in January 2007

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 12:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing, isn't it, all that name calling, all those charges, all those claims, all those lies, all that murdering, all that violating the principles of the office and yet Bush was never impeached by a Democrat Congress even after the Democrats took total control of Congress in January 2007
    It proves what G--damned liars the America-hating commies that serve as the jihadists' fifth column in this country really are. These people were never against the war in Iraq for the noble reasons they like to claim, but rather because they sympathize with anyone who shares their loathing of the United States. If Pearl Harbor happened to the U.S. of today, millions of these drones would be condemning the country they are taking up space in for having provoked the poor, peace-loving Japanese into defending themselves, while pleading for sensitivity to their culture and counseling against overreacting with violence.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I know this is very hard for you to understand but we have a Representative Democracy in which elected leaders make policy and decisions that affect us all. It is made up of a checks and balance system in which both houses of Congress have oversight responsibilities on the Executive Branch. That oversight responsibility in the Senate rested with the Democrats who had total access to all the information Bush had so if Bush lied about the intelligence so did the Democrats in Congress.

    All that evidence is nothing more than opinion on your part and others much of which is taken out of context. Bottomline if Bush lied why wasn't he impeached? Pretty simple question yet no answer from you because you simply will not admit you have a bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome.
    To the bolded, I've never disputed that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #234
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    bombing the city will do nothing. It will only tell ISIS they need to wait until the bombing stops and kills a bunch of civilians, and then they can go back in and use the civilian casualties as propaganda as to why the west is evil. War is lost....... The only thing that will solve this problem is boots on the ground.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  5. #235
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,524

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Other than just being an absolute partisan hack, not interested in truth and justice, but rather I party cronyism, how would anybody with even fleeting objectivity dismiss this?

    The "Phase II" report states -- in terms clearer than any previous government publication -- that there was no operational relationship between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein, that Bush officials were not truthful about the difficulties the United States would face in post-war Iraq and that their public statements did not reflect intelligence they had at the time, and, specifically, that the intelligence community would not confirm any meeting between Iraqi officials and Mohamed Atta -- a claim that was nevertheless publicly repeated.

    "Before taking the country to war, this Administration owed it to the American people to give them a 100 percent accurate picture of the threat we faced. Unfortunately, our Committee has concluded that [B]the Administration made significant claims that were not supported by the intelligence,"

    There's the evidence of the Bush administrations DECEPTION, your opinion is made moot!! Irrelevant. There, have the last word, it's all you've got.
    "And that is the source of our urgent concern about Saddam Hussein's links to international terrorist groups. Over the years, Iraq has provided safe haven to terrorists such as Abu Nidal, whose terror organization carried out more than 90 terrorist attacks in 20 countries that killed or injured nearly 900 people, including 12 Americans. Iraq has also provided safe haven to Abu Abbas, who was responsible for seizing the Achille Lauro and killing an American passenger. And we know that Iraq is continuing to finance terror and gives assistance to groups that use terrorism to undermine Middle East peace.

    We know that Iraq and the al Qaeda terrorist network share a common enemy -- the United States of America. We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq. These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We've learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases. And we know that after September the 11th, Saddam Hussein's regime gleefully celebrated the terrorist attacks on America.

    Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists. Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints."

    Where does that say Iraq helped Al Qaeda plan 9-11?
    President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat

  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,743

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    To the bolded, I've never disputed that.
    Yet, you blame Bush but Bush couldn't have done a thing without Democrat Approval and the Democrats in the Senate in the Oversight committee supported the decision and had access to the same intelligence as Bush. Bush didn't lie as Bob Woodward stated.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    bombing the city will do nothing. It will only tell ISIS they need to wait until the bombing stops and kills a bunch of civilians, and then they can go back in and use the civilian casualties as propaganda as to why the west is evil. War is lost....... The only thing that will solve this problem is boots on the ground.
    There is no replacement for the containment value of Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi or Assad!!! Just as the Islamic State in Iraq (ISI, which organized in Iraq in 2006) pulled back, blended into the background, reducing activity and waiting out the inevitable withdrawal of US troops, without total and indefinite US occupation to "keep the peace", this "enemy" cannot be defeated. We can put Hussein, Mubarak, Gaddafi and Assad back into operational control, or we can occupy the region...................indefinitely!!!!! That's our picks, lol.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #238
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet, you blame Bush but Bush couldn't have done a thing without Democrat Approval and the Democrats in the Senate in the Oversight committee supported the decision and had access to the same intelligence as Bush. Bush didn't lie as Bob Woodward stated.
    What is with Bob Woodward, your saint who cannot tell a lie, you cling to his opinion in your desperation to protect George Bush, why exactly?? The invasion and occupation of Iraq which is now nearly universally recognized as a mistake that most people now wish we never would have pursued (which means that most people wish Saddam was still in Iraq) and which the 2006 NIE indicted for causing an increase in global terrorism, making America less safe, is the biggest USFP failure in the last century. Deal with it now.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #239
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "And that is the source of our urgent concern about Saddam Hussein's links to international terrorist groups. Over the years, Iraq has provided safe haven to terrorists such as Abu Nidal, whose terror organization carried out more than 90 terrorist attacks in 20 countries that killed or injured nearly 900 people, including 12 Americans. Iraq has also provided safe haven to Abu Abbas, who was responsible for seizing the Achille Lauro and killing an American passenger. And we know that Iraq is continuing to finance terror and gives assistance to groups that use terrorism to undermine Middle East peace.

    We know that Iraq and the al Qaeda terrorist network share a common enemy -- the United States of America. We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq. These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We've learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases. And we know that after September the 11th, Saddam Hussein's regime gleefully celebrated the terrorist attacks on America.

    Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists. Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints."

    Where does that say Iraq helped Al Qaeda plan 9-11?
    President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat
    Between September 11, 2001 and March 20, 2003, hundreds of false statements/lies were advanced about Hussein and Iraq, in the Bush administrations desperate attempt to convince Americans of the need to conduct regime change in Iraq. Despite our few voices of opposition at the time, it worked, fear gripped Americans, the notion of Saddam Hussein launching a nuclear attack on America, creating "a mushroom cloud over a US city" gave Bush the support he needed to launch his pre-emptive war upon Iraq that uncorked Muslim jihad. Now (too late as it is) Iraq is broken, and Islamic extremists rule the day in the region, and it's looking increasingly evident that only a major campaign of US troops back on the ground to arrest their advance, and a perpetual occupation of the region (maybe) will produce any meaningful peace and quiet. In the mean time, Americans nearly universally accept the fact that the invasion and occupation of Iraq was a MISTAKE! A pitty we still have a few stragglers who support the biggest USFP failure in American in the past century.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,743

    Re: White House Promises to Bomb Ramadi Until City Retaken From ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What is with Bob Woodward, your saint who cannot tell a lie, you cling to his opinion in your desperation to protect George Bush, why exactly?? The invasion and occupation of Iraq which is now nearly universally recognized as a mistake that most people now wish we never would have pursued (which means that most people wish Saddam was still in Iraq) and which the 2006 NIE indicted for causing an increase in global terrorism, making America less safe, is the biggest USFP failure in the last century. Deal with it now.
    Got it, nothing is going to change your opinion. Bob Woodward is a non partisan whose work on Watergate destroyed Nixon. He is world famous for his effort and supposed non partisan. Nothing is going to change your mind or mine. Civics isn't a strong suit of yours and you will continue to buy the rhetoric from the left on this issue as if that makes a difference today

    There is evil in the world that wants you dead. It really is too bad they don't pick and choose who they kill. There is one solution, kill them first. Allowing Saddam Hussein to remain in power just prolonged the inevitable but reactive people like always wait for the worse to happen. I am glad you aren't in a position of power to make decisions on my family security.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •