Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 151

Thread: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

  1. #41
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,722

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Yes, Kirsten Gillibrand made a mistake based on false information; ergo, she is horribly corrupt, blinded by ideology and "low life trash."

    Yet you don't hold the people who invaded Iraq based on false information to the same standards. Golly, I wonder why? Talk about "blinded by ideology."
    The only " mistake " she made was to perpetuate a false narrative over what was known AT THE TIME to be lies perpetuated by Rolling Stone.

    Victim blaming or shining the spotlight on her for coming forward is not the right approach,” Gillibrand said on “The Capitol Pressroom,” a public radio show in Albany. “In fact, what we have to focus on is how do we keep these campuses safe? How do we have better trained personnel on campuses so they can tell a survivor what her options are and so they can have all the facts?”

    Gillibrand said it would be wrong for some to call on the female student in the UVA scandal to face criminal charges.

    “I think it’s inappropriate,” she said. “One of the challenges with survivors of sexual trauma and rape is that they often don’t want to actually participate with law enforcement because they don’t think justice is possible. They don’t think they will be believed; they think they’ll be blamed.”

    It was already well known this student lied Kobie.

    Gillibrand, instead of defending the kids who were wrongly accused continued to push a manufactured narrative

    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wh...rticle/2562264

    http://www.wcny.org/cpr032415/
    " If no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else ? "
    Ronald Reagan

  2. #42
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,020

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    1.)Baloney...
    2.) It has been well established that a two parent home is best for children, and that goes way back well before the gay revolution, and that's a FACT. The stats bear this out.. Single parents and their children do NOT fair as well or even remotely close to two parents homes..

    Tim-
    1.) yes your posts always are because they just make stuff up and are full of strawman
    2.) where did i say it wasnt? NOWHERE

    once again you are having a debate in your head and not talking about anything that has actually been said. DO youever not just make stuff up? do people ever fall for it? lol
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #43
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,687

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    IMO being an orphan is hard enough without having to explain to the other children that your adoptive mommy use to be a dude.

    So putting a child into that environment, IMO, would be a form of mental abuse.
    Much better to be bounced around foster homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,034

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Sounds good to me. Is there a rational reason to not support this?

    Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents - NY Daily News

    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand announced a bill Sunday that would remove legal barriers to adoption by lesbian, gay and transgender parents. Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said she will introduce legislation this week that would prohibit discrimination against adoptive parents. The Every Child Deserves a Family Act would prohibit any entity that receives federal funds from discriminating against adoptive or foster parents based on sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
    I think there should be an "Every Kid Up For Adoption Should Have a Mom & Dad" bill. What do you think about that? They may be lovely people, but they should be subordinate to a regular, good old Mom & Dad set up, if they are allowed to adopt at all.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think there should be an "Every Kid Up For Adoption Should Have a Mom & Dad" bill. What do you think about that? They may be lovely people, but they should be subordinate to a regular, good old Mom & Dad set up, if they are allowed to adopt at all.
    Why? What evidence suggests that homosexuals or transgendered people are less capable of raising children?

  6. #46
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,034

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Yes, Kirsten Gillibrand made a mistake based on false information; ergo, she is horribly corrupt, blinded by ideology and "low life trash."

    Yet you don't hold the people who invaded Iraq based on false information to the same standards. Golly, I wonder why? Talk about "blinded by ideology."
    Jesus, that's about the weakest argument I've ever heard, LOL! Hmmm... how can I get G.W. Bush and company into this?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #47
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,348

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Jesus, that's about the weakest argument I've ever heard, LOL! Hmmm... how can I get G.W. Bush and company into this?
    Just pointing out the usual double standard.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,034

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Why? What evidence suggests that homosexuals or transgendered people are less capable of raising children?
    A child needs a mother and father, that is optimal. I'm not saying they can't be good parents, I'm sure many of them do the best they can, like normal parents. They will always be at a disadvantage compared to a regular parenting set up, and so will the child.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    A child needs a mother and father, that is optimal. I'm not saying they can't be good parents, I'm sure many of them do the best they can, like normal parents. They will always be at a disadvantage compared to a regular parenting set up, and so will the child.
    How will they be at a disadvantage? What makes a mother and father situation more healthy than a situation with homosexual parents? Do you have a source to back up your claim?

  10. #50
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Umm, wanna explain to me Ms. Gillibrand how exactly sending kids to single parent homes is good for them? While you're at it, tell me how sending kids to transgender homes is good for them.. What is the UPSIDE to this compared to oh I dunno, keeping it as the model that kids should have an opportunity for both a mother and a father that want them.. If it ain't broke comes to mind.

    Tim-
    Because even that is often better than rotating foster homes, i.e. those kids do *not* have the opportunity you speak of, although the bill could've left out the "marital status" part since within a month gay couples in every state will likely be able to marry. I agree that two parents is usually > one

    But by your logic - which reveals your contempt for two gay parents and not just single parents - we should forcefully remove every kid being brought up by single moms. Why should birth parents be exempt from your ideal?

    Also one of the plaintiffs in the gay marriage case is a lesbian couple in michigan who cannot legally co-adopt their 5 kids. That means if one of the parents dies the kids who weren't adopted by the other parent would be sent back to rotating foster care and not stay with the only mother they've ever known.

    The fact is there is a DEFICIT of stable homes for these kids, so increasing the # of eligible couples who can adopt is only of benefit to them. Not to mention it's totally unacceptable to discriminate in this way and while using federal funds. That's another upside to this bill i can think of

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •