Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 151

Thread: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

  1. #21
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    It is broke; that's the problem. Foster care is absolutely horrible for children. Any financially stable parent(s) that would like to care for a child will be a better alternative.
    Foster care is a life saver for kids so please stop your hate for people who want to rescue kids

  2. #22
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,213

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Foster care is a life saver for kids so please stop your hate for people who want to rescue kids
    good thing this bill is going to help them and protect them from views like yours then
    Quote Originally Posted by MateoMtnClimber View Post
    Yes, gay people absolutely have the right to infringe on other people's religious rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Sounds good to me. Is there a rational reason to not support this?

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2225814

    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand announced a bill Sunday that would remove legal barriers to adoption by lesbian, gay and transgender parents. Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said she will introduce legislation this week that would prohibit discrimination against adoptive parents. The Every Child Deserves a Family Act would prohibit any entity that receives federal funds from discriminating against adoptive or foster parents based on sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
    sounds great to me.... though I was unaware this was actually a problem in need of a solution.

  4. #24
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    good thing this bill is going to help them and protect them from views like yours then
    Kids are better off by far in foster care than in home (not a family mind you) with two moms or two dads

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Foster care is a life saver for kids so please stop your hate for people who want to rescue kids
    Foster care is better than living on the street and living with a financially stable adult that wants to raise children is better than living in foster care.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Blemonds View Post
    Kids are better off by far in foster care than in home (not a family mind you) with two moms or two dads
    Wow, your ignorance is awe inspiring.

  7. #27
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Foster care is better than living on the street and living with a financially stable adult that wants to raise children is better than living in foster care.
    The goal should be to first reunite the child with his real parents if reasonable, and second to find a good two parent mother and father home

  8. #28
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    02-18-17 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Wow, your ignorance is awe inspiring.
    The irony in your post is awe inspiring

  9. #29
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,155

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    Sounds good to me. Is there a rational reason to not support this?

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2225814

    Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand announced a bill Sunday that would remove legal barriers to adoption by lesbian, gay and transgender parents. Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said she will introduce legislation this week that would prohibit discrimination against adoptive parents. The Every Child Deserves a Family Act would prohibit any entity that receives federal funds from discriminating against adoptive or foster parents based on sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status.
    All for it. I have a same sex couple on my block who just adopted, and other friends that adopted several years ago. The children get a loving home, that is what is important.
    "In my opinion, if we’re going to fight the War on Terror, a good place to start would be our country’s haunted houses." - Norm MacDonald

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Sen. Kristen Gillibrand announces bill to help adoptive LGBT parents

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    IMO being an orphan is hard enough without having to explain to the other children that your adoptive mommy use to be a dude.

    So putting a child into that environment, IMO, would be a form of mental abuse.
    I do agree that it is needlessly hard on the kid, but then I don't think adoption or having kids of you own for that matter is about the kid.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •