Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 205

Thread: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant[W:33]

  1. #21
    trumpster for life
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    great state of texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    11,814

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015...T.nav=top-news


    WACO, Texas — Nine people were killed Sunday and some others injured after a shootout erupted among rival biker gangs at a Central Texas restaurant, sending patrons and bystanders fleeing for safety, a police spokesman said.The violence erupted shortly after noon at a busy Waco marketplace along Interstate 35 that draws a large lunchtime crowd. Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said eight people died at the scene of the shooting at Twin Peaks restaurant and another person at a hospital. It's not immediately clear if bystanders are among the dead.Others were injured, Swanton said, but just how many and the severity of those injuries was not known."There are still bodies on the scene of the parking lot at Twin Peaks," he said. "There are bodies that are scattered throughout the parking lot of the next adjoining business."A photo from the scene showed dozens of motorcycles parked in a lot. Among the bikes, at least three people wearing what looked like biker jackets were on the ground, two on their backs and one face down. Police were standing a few feet away in a group. Several other people also wearing biker jackets were standing or sitting nearby.Swanton said police were aware in advance that at least three rival gangs would be gathering at the restaurant and at least 12 Waco officers in addition to state troopers were at the restaurant when the fight began.When the shooting began in the restaurant and then continued outside, armed bikers were shot by officers, Swanton said, explaining that the actions of law enforcement prevented further deaths.It's not known what triggered the violence but Swanton and McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna said tensions had simmered among rival gangs for months."Apparently the management (of Twin Peaks) wanted them here and so we didn't have any say-so on whether they could be here or not," Swanton said.Attempts to contact Twin Peaks for comment were not immediately successful.The fight inside the restaurant began when punches were thrown and it quickly escalated to include chains and knives before firearms were drawn, Swanton said.Photo
    Officers fired on bikers as the shooting spilled from the restaurant into a busy parking lot.CreditRod Aydelotte/Waco Tribune Herald, via Associated Press
    its waco,and it was at twin peaks from what ive heard,a second rate hooters knockoff.

    if it is in the news involving texas,it is killeen,waco,houston,or dfw areas as it seems the most rediculous levels of crime crossbreed with plain stupidity all gather in those cities.
    “[Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.] ROBERT BLOCH .”

  2. #22
    Godwin's Lawyer
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,010

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am also an expert on criminology and what I said is true. Black males commit more than half the murders in the USA.
    Yes, Turtle, you're not telling us anything that Blacks don't already know. Now if you don't want to start exploring the institution of racism, and the root causes of the correlations between race and violence, then I suggest you get off this red herring. Now.

    BTW. While we're talking about race. And since you were the one to bring it up. Where was the militarized police response to this shootout that left nine people dead? Where was the tear gas? The riot tanks? The infrasonic cannons? Where were they?
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." --First Amendment to the United States Constitution

  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,480

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Yes, Turtle, you're not telling us anything that Blacks don't already know. Now if you don't want to start exploring the institution of racism, and the root causes of the correlations between race and violence, then I suggest you get off this red herring. Now.

    BTW. While we're talking about race. And since you were the one to bring it up. Where was the militarized police response to this shootout that left nine people dead? Where was the tear gas? The riot tanks? The infrasonic cannons? Where were they?
    1) its not racist to discuss the fact that black crime rates are astronomical compared to white crime rates

    2) its not racist to note that black on black violence is not given much coverage by the press

    3) why should the cops respond with militarized police? do they when blacks kill blacks? biker scum kill biker scum?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #24
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    02-23-17 @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,397

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    First, condolences. Second, nothing unusual.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    03-14-17 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its not racist to note that black on black violence is not given much coverage by the press
    You truly have no idea what you're talking about, do you? "Black-on-black" violence is mentioned every single night on the news here and in most metropolitan areas. When black people "riot", it's covered nationwide far more than riots by white people (which are more common, by the way). It's amazing to me how you speak with such authority on a topic you know absolutely nothing about.

  6. #26
    Democratic Socialist
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,831

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Playing the odds, a black doctor is far more likely to have benefited from affirmative action to get into medical school than whatever you are talking about but lets get back to the fact that the media doesn't care much about black on black murders since they are so common
    Murders committed by blacks and whites are about equally common, though I can't say I've ever heard anything about the problem of murderous whites.

  7. #27
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,480

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    You truly have no idea what you're talking about, do you? "Black-on-black" violence is mentioned every single night on the news here and in most metropolitan areas. When black people "riot", it's covered nationwide far more than riots by white people (which are more common, by the way). It's amazing to me how you speak with such authority on a topic you know absolutely nothing about.
    rejected as contrary to reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #28
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    163,480

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Murders committed by blacks and whites are about equally common, though I can't say I've ever heard anything about the problem of murderous whites.
    so if black males make up 6% of the population and commit more than HALF the murders nationally, the obvious fact is

    Blacks are FAR more likely to commit murders than whites who are what 6X the population?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #29
    Democratic Socialist
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,831

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so if black males make up 6% of the population and commit more than HALF the murders nationally, the obvious fact is

    Blacks are FAR more likely to commit murders than whites who are what 6X the population?
    You said the media doesn't care about black on black violence yet it is just as prevalent as white violence in total.

    If you want to talk rate then you have to account for different social factors. You should know since you're a "criminology expert" that almost all these crimes take place in the ghetto, right? Do you think blacks that live in nice middle class or upper class neighborhoods have the same high murder rate? Of course they don't.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    03-14-17 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Texas: 9 Dead Bikers in Gun Shootout at Twin Peaks restaurant

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    rejected as contrary to reality.
    There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •