Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

  1. #101
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    30,601

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Why Fox News? Give an example of one of their news team doing what Stephanopoulis did, so we can compare.
    Black and white guy eh? I'm not a stephanopoulis fan and I've never watched a single show of his and I don't give single crap about his "reporting" sooo....

    I find your faux altruism hilarious.

    I was just following up your claim here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    This also begs the question, are there any other prominent "journalists" that donate money to a politically affiliated organization? This guy was going to go ahead and moderate a some debates!
    You seem to be the curious one about who else is doing such stuff. Until someone looks at a conservative of course.
    Ive been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. -- Donald Trump

    MEIN COVFEFE!

  2. #102
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,435

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You seem to be the curious one about who else is doing such stuff. Until someone looks at a conservative of course.
    I didn't single out any one network, you did. But you can't seem to back it up, just a hysterical FOX NEWS! Misdirection seems to be your true intent.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #103
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    30,601

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I didn't single out any one network, you did. But you can't seem to back it up, just a hysterical FOX NEWS! Misdirection seems to be your true intent.
    You got me. I was initially concerned about Bill O'Reilly's mega donations to the Obama campaign but... alas...

    You were so concerned about "journalists" doing it... until it might be a conservative. Then you come riding in like a white in shining armor to their defense.

    I think the obviousness of your thread has been pointed out rather well. Enjoy.
    Ive been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. -- Donald Trump

    MEIN COVFEFE!

  4. #104
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,435

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You got me. I was initially concerned about Bill O'Reilly's mega donations to the Obama campaign but... alas...

    You were so concerned about "journalists" doing it... until it might be a conservative. Then you come riding in like a white in shining armor to their defense.

    I think the obviousness of your thread has been pointed out rather well. Enjoy.
    Again, you've got nothing. What conservative are we talking about here??? I'd like to know who I am defending.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Again, you've got nothing. What conservative are we talking about here??? I'd like to know who I am defending.
    He can't answer.

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,327

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Huh??? Until he does? Did you see any part of the interview? He made it crystal clear that he is no where near objective and is still very willing to be the Clinton's defender.
    Some commentators, such as Bob Woodward, would disagree. But I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion on this matter. I still contend there's nothing to see here, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  7. #107
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,435

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Some commentators, such as Bob Woodward, would disagree. But I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion on this matter. I still contend there's nothing to see here, but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.
    I think that any objective person that watched the interview could clearly see that he is the Clinton's corner as much as he was when he was being paid to work for them.

    The other part of this is that ABC News is backing him, which is a disgrace for a so called news organization. They could at least make a generic statement that they are all about being impartial. They couldn't even muster the integrity to do that.

    I'd like to see him interview Hillary, and try to nail her down on all these scandals, like any impartial journalist worth their salt would do. He would never do it.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,327

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think that any objective person that watched the interview could clearly see that he is the Clinton's corner as much as he was when he was being paid to work for them.

    The other part of this is that ABC News is backing him, which is a disgrace for a so called news organization. They could at least make a generic statement that they are all about being impartial. They couldn't even muster the integrity to do that.

    I'd like to see him interview Hillary, and try to nail her down on all these scandals, like any impartial journalist worth their salt would do. He would never do it.
    After watching the interview for the second time, my position remains the same.

    George Stephanopolous asked questions that sought to either clarify Peter Schweizer's position on a few issues/beliefs he had (i.e., is Hillary a viable individual to hold high office due to her "pattern of behavior" in spearheading donations to the Clinton Foundation) or provide evidence to support some of his claims as outlined in his book (i.e., did she approve the sale of Uranium One as Sec of State). IMO, Stephanopolous did what any journalist would and should do - ask the tough questions and fill in the gaps while giving the guest ample opportunity to answer said questions. He wasn't rude or disrespectful. He even provided answers where the Peter Schweizer couldn't respond in the affirm (i.e., there was no policy change in how applications from Foundation donors were handled). He made it clear that the State Dept was 1 of 9 federal agencies that approved the sale of Uranium One. Moreover, when asked, Peter Schweizer provided NO EVIDENCE of any wrong-doing by Hillary herself. The only mistep he could positively point to was the Clinton Foundation not disclosing some donations by donors directly involved with the original purchase and subsequent sale of Uranium One - the only point I found interestingly "convenient". But that would be a problem for the Foundation, not Hillary (unless it could be proven that she instructed Foundation accountants not to list them).

    Now, I will say that maybe this Uranium One transaction does call for taking a closer investigative look, but it would be hard to get 9 different federal agencies to sign off on such a deal WITHOUT some serious kick-backs. But as far as George Stephanopolous' interview of Peter Schweizer is concerned, I saw a fair an impartial interview take place. It would have been a different story if Stephanopolous called the man a liar when he showed proof of misconduct AND defended Hillary in the face of such proof, but he didn't.

    So, once again, I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  9. #109
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,435

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Yep, normal unbiased interview of an author with a new book.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •