Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109

Thread: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

  1. #91
    Sage


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,461

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    This also begs the question, are there any other prominent "journalists" that donate money to a politically affiliated organization? This guy was going to go ahead and moderate a some debates!
    how about the talking heads at foxnews? hannity being one?

  2. #92
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,479

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    how about the talking heads at foxnews? hannity being one?
    Hannity is not posing as an impartial journalist, he's a conservative talk show host.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #93
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,479

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    ...Otherwise, I don't see where he's done anything wrong here except not disclose he donated to a charitable foundation that happens to belong to both a good friend (the Clintons) and a 2016 Democrat presidential candidate while conducting an interview of an author whose book brings said foundation and one of its owners (Hillary) under scrutiny.
    Uh... that's like saying I don't see where he'e done anything wrong, except for what he's done wrong. Or am I not getting the sarcasm here? Besides him, ABC is putting him out there on their news network as an impartial, fair person, when he is obviously still a Clinton operative.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #94
    Sage


    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,461

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Hannity is not posing as an impartial journalist, he's a conservative talk show host.
    whatever you want to call him, he works for 'foxnews' whose slogan is"fair and balanced"...if you are gonna hold stephenopoulos's feet to the flame, then all should be held to the same standard , and have to disclose who they donate to .....i really don't think ol' george was trying to hide anything, and i bet a good portion of those who watch him know of his past relationships in politics.

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,349

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Uh... that's like saying I don't see where he'e done anything wrong, except for what he's done wrong. Or am I not getting the sarcasm here? Besides him, ABC is putting him out there on their news network as an impartial, fair person, when he is obviously still a Clinton operative.
    The wrong certainly was in him not disclosing that he made donations to this private charity (the Clinton Foundation) while he was conducting an interview with the book's author (towit: "Clinton Cash," a book that brings not so much the Clinton Foundation's charity work into question but rather that of one of its owners, Hillary, and possibility that she handed out political favors in her capacity as Sec. of State while also being a majority owner in the Foundation). I understand the optics here, that people believe he can't be an impartial journalist as both a close friend to the Clinton's and a donor to their Foundation. But if all he's done wrong here was withhold the fact that he donated to their charity but he hasn't shown any bias against any other political candidate, there really isn't a problem here except for the issue of perception.

    The only time this would be a problem is if Stephanolopous showed he couldn't remain impartial. Until he does, there is no problem here. People are trying to make it a problem because of his association to the Clinton's and the fact that he's a journalist who gave this interview to this particular author whose book happens to place Hillary and her former position as SoS in the spotlight. But until he shows himself incapable of being impartial (or as some like to say, "fair and balanced"), I really don't see a problem. Yes, there is the potential, but there's nothing illegal or improper about a private citizen donating to a private charity that happens to be owned and operated by a close friend or relative.

    People (on the Right) are making way too much out of this.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  6. #96
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,479

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    The only time this would be a problem is if Stephanolopous showed he couldn't remain impartial. Until he does, there is no problem here. People are trying to make it a problem because of his association to the Clinton's and the fact that he's a journalist who gave this interview to this particular author whose book happens to place Hillary and her former position as SoS in the spotlight. But until he shows himself incapable of being impartial...
    Huh??? Until he does? Did you see any part of the interview? He made it crystal clear that he is no where near objective and is still very willing to be the Clinton's defender.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #97
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    30,828

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    This also begs the question, are there any other prominent "journalists" that donate money to a politically affiliated organization? This guy was going to go ahead and moderate a some debates!
    Ha... I'm absolutely sure you are deathly concerned with who the Fox pundits are donating to... amirite?
    Ive been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. -- Donald Trump

    MEIN COVFEFE!

  8. #98
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    30,828

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Many "journalists" have said in the past that they support the Democrat Party and donate to them but that it doesn't cloud how they report the news. It's up to the viewer to determine whether that's believable or not.
    Absolutely. Hell, Chris Mathews worked for Carter. I don't think its a question of where his political views are.
    Ive been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans. -- Donald Trump

    MEIN COVFEFE!

  9. #99
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,479

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    whatever you want to call him, he works for 'foxnews' whose slogan is"fair and balanced"...if you are gonna hold stephenopoulos's feet to the flame, then all should be held to the same standard , and have to disclose who they donate to .....i really don't think ol' george was trying to hide anything, and i bet a good portion of those who watch him know of his past relationships in politics.
    All right, you just don't get the distinction then. They are clearly in different situations. One is like the ref in a boxing match, the other is like the fighter's corner man. Then you find out that the ref, claiming to be impartial, turns out to be one of the fighter's cornermen. He claims to be impartial, while nailing the other fighter as much as he can.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #100
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,479

    Re: ABCs Stephanopoulos gave $75G to Clinton Foundation without disclosing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Ha... I'm absolutely sure you are deathly concerned with who the Fox pundits are donating to... amirite?
    Why Fox News? Give an example of one of their news team doing what Stephanopoulis did, so we can compare.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •