Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 195

Thread: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

  1. #41
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Bound to, that's nice. It's finite!!!!!!!!!
    Yes bound to. Exploration in this particular area is in its relative infancy. Here in the UK for instance we have just discovered a deep reserve in the south of England that has the potential to last us many decades.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,268
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It's fossil fuels that are the scourge, we should have been on renewables long ago. 35 wrecking years of Reaganomics is what's been hurting the poor, and declining the middle class. That's where the contempt is.
    You live in a fantasy world, a world where up is down and left is right. Petroleum set free people, and Reagan's boom is a sharp contrast to Obama's failures.

    Renewables cannot replace oil, no matter how hard you cross your fingers, close your eyes and wish it were otherwise.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #43
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Renewables cannot replace oil, no matter how hard you cross your fingers, close your eyes and wish it were otherwise.
    Well said that man !

  4. #44
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yes bound to. Exploration in this particular area is in its relative infancy. Here in the UK for instance we have just discovered a deep reserve in the south of England that has the potential to last us many decades.
    Then quit spilling oil in the Gulf of Mexico polluting our beaches. Humanity will be working on renewables while your pushing up daisies, they'll not be doomed to the increasing risks of fossil fuels over floggers wishes. I would say wait and see but!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #45
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You live in a fantasy world, a world where up is down and left is right. Petroleum set free people, and Reagan's boom is a sharp contrast to Obama's failures.

    Renewables cannot replace oil, no matter how hard you cross your fingers, close your eyes and wish it were otherwise.
    Lol. Who's crossing fingers and hoping. You must be unaware of the efforts that have already been put into them, and will continue to be. But yeah, big oil won't make room easily.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #46
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Then quit spilling oil in the Gulf of Mexico polluting our beaches. Humanity will be working on renewables while your pushing up daisies, they'll not be doomed to the increasing risks of fossil fuels over floggers wishes. I would say wait and see but!
    Current renewables are an unaffordable technological cul de sac. They are also becoming increasingly pointless and unnecessary as more and cheaper kinds of fossil fuel resources increasingly come on line. Now you might not like those being the facts but thems the breaks

  7. #47
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Current renewables are an unaffordable technological cul de sac. They are also becoming increasingly pointless and unnecessary as more and cheaper kinds of fossil fuel resources increasingly come on line. Now you might not like those being the facts but thems the breaks
    Treating non renewables as though they come from a bottomless pit is utterly stupid, and will end in ruin.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #48
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,995

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Treating non renewables as though they come from a bottomless pit is utterly stupid, and will end in ruin.
    Woe woe and thrice woe. I've been hearing this lament for 40 years and we were supposed to have run out 20 years ago then. . By the time they run out who knows what we will have invented to replace them. I think you are rather more concerned that someone might get even richer in the present than what might happen in the future and thats really what grinds your gears here

  9. #49
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,806

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Then quit spilling oil in the Gulf of Mexico polluting our beaches.
    50% of all oil in the oceans is caused by nature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Humanity will be working on renewables while your pushing up daisies, they'll not be doomed to the increasing risks of fossil fuels over floggers wishes. I would say wait and see but!
    Renewables will never reach the portability and power conversion of oil, natural gas, and coal. Renewables will never keep up with the output of nuclear power plants.

    Renewables work in small scale and to supplement on a large scale. They can only work on a large scale if you kill off most of the human population, reduce the standard of living, or there is a God-like technological breakthrough.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Letting Shell drill in Arctic could lead to catastrophic oil spill, experts warn

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Woe woe and thrice woe. By the time they run out who knows what we will have invented to replace them. I think you are rather more concerned that someone might get even richer in the present than what might happen in the future and thats really what grinds your gears here
    Not in the slightest. Getting rich is great. But you can't wait till you run out to begin working on replacement. Viable replacements need to be in progress now. And by the way, people can get rich off them too. But burning nasty, polluting dinosaur (pun intended) fuels must be stopped at some point. And it will be too, regardless of opinion now.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •