Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    I wish these words would lead to something positive happening.

    Obama: Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation - Israel News, Ynetnews

    "I will never give up on the hope for peace between Israelis and Palestinians," said Obama, "Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation and the daily indignities that come with it. That's why we've worked so hard over the years for a two-state solution and to develop innovative ways to address Israel's security and Palestinian sovereignty needs." Obama's comments came prior to a meeting of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in which he is due to sit with key leaders of six Arab nations from the Middle East.

    While his hope remains, Obama said, "It's no secret that we now have a very difficult path forward. As a result, the United States is taking a hard look at our approach to the conflict," suggesting that the EU is not alone in considering policy adjustments with Israel. "Addressing the lasting impact in Gaza of last summer's conflict should also be central to any effort," concluded Obama. "Ultimately, the parties will need to address not just Gaza's immediate humanitarian and reconstruction needs, but also core challenges to Gaza's future within a two-state context, including reinvigorating Gaza's connection with the West Bank and reestablishing strong commercial links with Israel and the global economy."

  2. #2
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Obama wants a final solution to the problem

  3. #3
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    05-26-17 @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,963

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    I wish these words would lead to something positive happening.

    Obama: Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation - Israel News, Ynetnews

    "I will never give up on the hope for peace between Israelis and Palestinians," said Obama, "Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation and the daily indignities that come with it. That's why we've worked so hard over the years for a two-state solution and to develop innovative ways to address Israel's security and Palestinian sovereignty needs." Obama's comments came prior to a meeting of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in which he is due to sit with key leaders of six Arab nations from the Middle East.

    While his hope remains, Obama said, "It's no secret that we now have a very difficult path forward. As a result, the United States is taking a hard look at our approach to the conflict," suggesting that the EU is not alone in considering policy adjustments with Israel. "Addressing the lasting impact in Gaza of last summer's conflict should also be central to any effort," concluded Obama. "Ultimately, the parties will need to address not just Gaza's immediate humanitarian and reconstruction needs, but also core challenges to Gaza's future within a two-state context, including reinvigorating Gaza's connection with the West Bank and reestablishing strong commercial links with Israel and the global economy."
    Gee, if the Pal. leadership put all that money that keeps getting thrown at them into helping thier people, instead of lining their own pockets, there would be whole lot less suffering. If they would stop attacking Israel and start working with them, there'd be whole lot less suffering. If the Pal. leadership would stop operating like a criminal/terrorist organization and start operating like a real gov't, there would be a whole lot less suffering. But the President hasn't ever been real big on the whole idea of personal responsibility and has shown a long standing trend towards blaming others, so this comes as no surprise...
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  4. #4
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,198

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Obama wants a final solution to the problem
    That has an ominous ring to it.

  5. #5
    It's complicated

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,849

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    I wish these words would lead to something positive happening.

    Obama: Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation - Israel News, Ynetnews

    "I will never give up on the hope for peace between Israelis and Palestinians," said Obama, "Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation and the daily indignities that come with it. That's why we've worked so hard over the years for a two-state solution and to develop innovative ways to address Israel's security and Palestinian sovereignty needs." Obama's comments came prior to a meeting of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in which he is due to sit with key leaders of six Arab nations from the Middle East.

    While his hope remains, Obama said, "It's no secret that we now have a very difficult path forward. As a result, the United States is taking a hard look at our approach to the conflict," suggesting that the EU is not alone in considering policy adjustments with Israel. "Addressing the lasting impact in Gaza of last summer's conflict should also be central to any effort," concluded Obama. "Ultimately, the parties will need to address not just Gaza's immediate humanitarian and reconstruction needs, but also core challenges to Gaza's future within a two-state context, including reinvigorating Gaza's connection with the West Bank and reestablishing strong commercial links with Israel and the global economy."
    Well, sure, I think everyone gets that the two state solution is how peace is going to happen, but as it stands the current leaders of both parties aren't in a real peace-talking frame of mind. But ultimately, I agree: no matter how tiring this is we should never give up on the peace process.

    It is unfortunate though that Obama should continue his spat with Netanyahu (who, it should be noted, is doing nothing to help), by formatting the speech in such a way as that Israel's security is of secondary concern to Palestinians' sovereignty.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 05-13-15 at 10:56 AM.

  6. #6
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,315

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, sure, I think everyone gets that the two state solution is how peace is going to happen, but as it stands the current leaders of both parties aren't in a real peace-talking frame of mind. But ultimately, I agree: no matter how tiring this is we should never give up on the peace process.

    It is unfortunate though that Obama should continue his spat with Netanyahu (who, it should be noted, is doing nothing to help), by formatting the speech in such a way as that Israel's security is of secondary concern to Palestinians' sovereignty.
    then we should impose an international embargo on israel until that nation's forces are no longer occupying lands other than that originally decreed to be israel's
    that same approach brought iran to the negotiations table
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?
    “I like Ted Cruz more than most of my other colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I hate Ted Cruz.” ~ Senator Al Franken

  7. #7
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,636

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, sure, I think everyone gets that the two state solution is how peace is going to happen, but as it stands the current leaders of both parties aren't in a real peace-talking frame of mind. But ultimately, I agree: no matter how tiring this is we should never give up on the peace process.

    It is unfortunate though that Obama should continue his spat with Netanyahu (who, it should be noted, is doing nothing to help), by formatting the speech in such a way as that Israel's security is of secondary concern to Palestinians' sovereignty.
    I am not so sure that that is accurate. I think that you could say that everyone outside the Middle East believes that. The Arab populace, not so much.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,789

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then we should impose an international embargo on israel until that nation's forces are no longer occupying lands other than that originally decreed to be israel's
    that same approach brought iran to the negotiations table
    are you willing to give your home and property back to the Indians?
    should we embargo your state until they turn it back over as well?

    that is what happens when you lose a war, and Israel has given back a lot of land that they took in that war to no avail.
    the fact is Israel has a right to defend itself from unprovoked attack. until the leadership in palastine start acting like a real government instead of a terrorist organization which they are any type of resolution will be impossible.

  9. #9
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    55,636

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then we should impose an international embargo on israel until that nation's forces are no longer occupying lands other than that originally decreed to be israel's
    that same approach brought iran to the negotiations table
    Israel's territory is beyond that and we are not the enforcers of long-since defunct UN paperwork that was rejected by the Arabs. Israel has unilaterally given up land, hoping for peace. Thus far, that has proven a failure. When the Palestinians are willing to produce peace, they will get land.
    “In America we have a two-party system,” a Republican congressional staffer told a visiting group of Russian legislators. “There is the stupid party. And there is the evil party. I am proud to be a member of the stupid party. Periodically, the two parties get together and do something that is both stupid and evil. This is called: bipartisanship."

  10. #10
    It's complicated

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,849

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I am not so sure that that is accurate. I think that you could say that everyone outside the Middle East believes that. The Arab populace, not so much.
    Then allow me to rephrase: everyone who wants a rational solution gets that the two state solution is how peace is going to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then we should impose an international embargo on israel until that nation's forces are no longer occupying lands other than that originally decreed to be israel's
    that same approach brought iran to the negotiations table
    That is not helpful. Your contribution, in fact, fits right up there with post #2.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •