Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 96

Thread: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

  1. #11
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    08-12-16 @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    The tern "deserve" has certainly shifted meaning since I was young.

    Decade after decade of unrelenting terrorism "deserves" a reward?

    The wheels have truly fallen off the cart.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #12
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,794

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    are you willing to give your home and property back to the Indians?
    being Cherokee, that is an approach i could live with

    should we embargo your state until they turn it back over as well?
    works for me

    that is what happens when you lose a war, and Israel has given back a lot of land that they took in that war to no avail.
    an uncivilized approach to diplomatic relations that would set our world back a few centuries
    under your approach, the US should be governing japan, italy, and germany

    the fact is Israel has a right to defend itself from unprovoked attack.
    that is a right of every sovereign nation
    what's your point?

    until the leadership in palastine start acting like a real government instead of a terrorist organization which they are any type of resolution will be impossible.
    we have an israeli military occupying the land of another people for over 40 years
    and you believe it is the Palestinians who are in the wrong for objecting to it
    your position is without logic
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    No BILLIONAIRE left behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    41,248

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    As long as one side remains committed to the total destruction of the other, talking peace is futile.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #14
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,794

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Israel's territory is beyond that and we are not the enforcers of long-since defunct UN paperwork that was rejected by the Arabs. Israel has unilaterally given up land, hoping for peace. Thus far, that has proven a failure. When the Palestinians are willing to produce peace, they will get land.
    israel has occupied the land of another people for over forty years
    it is time to end that occupation and return to the borders of israel established by the UN
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    No BILLIONAIRE left behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  5. #15
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,794

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Then allow me to rephrase: everyone who wants a rational solution gets that the two state solution is how peace is going to happen.



    That is not helpful. Your contribution, in fact, fits right up there with post #2.
    share with us why my proposed approach should be found untenable
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    No BILLIONAIRE left behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  6. #16
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,518
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Oh no! He essentially repeated the official US line on the conflict! Everyone freak out and get your "he's an anti-semite" cards ready! Anytime now godwins law shall be upheld!
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  7. #17
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,676

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    israel has occupied the land of another people for over forty years
    it is time to end that occupation and return to the borders of israel established by the UN
    Actually, we should send in our army and force all the Palestinians into some sparsely populated area in Siberia.

    That's how helpful your post is.

  8. #18
    Magic!

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,676

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    share with us why my proposed approach should be found untenable
    Because you have exhibited zero interest in Israel's long term needs. In fact, based on your posting history I'm not sure they're on your mind at all. If you want a peaceful solution both sides' needs will have to be addressed, not just the side you're interested in.

  9. #19
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,794

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Because you have exhibited zero interest in Israel's long term needs. In fact, based on your posting history I'm not sure they're on your mind at all. If you want a peaceful solution both sides' needs will have to be addressed, not just the side you're interested in.
    but both sides are unequal in power
    and israel has shown us for over forty years that it is not planning to vacate the lands of another people
    in fact, it currently displaces the original inhabitants and installs its own
    again, within the lands of another people

    so, given that reluctance by israel to peacefully abandon its illegal occupation, the international community should impose an embargo against israel to give that nation incentive to return its people and its army to its own borders

    now, share with us what i have gotten wrong
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    No BILLIONAIRE left behind!
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  10. #20
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,843

    Re: Obama:"Palestinians deserve an end to the occupation"

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    israel has occupied the land of another people for over forty years
    it is time to end that occupation and return to the borders of israel established by the UN
    Not until Israel's security needs can be guaranteed.
    Palestinian terrorism predates the Israeli occupation of the WB, or the Jordanian one. It makes no sense at all to simply withdraw from the territories while terrorism still threatens the citizens of Israel. You may not show any caring for the lives of Israeli citizens who are threatened by these terrorists' attacks, but don't expect Israel to act the same as you do. It's absurd to expect a state's government to advocate the massacre of its citizens.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •