Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

  1. #11
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    You're incessant crying about some pussification of the use of deadly force is nothing but crying because neither the general populace nor the law agrees with you.
    I agree.

    Very few people agree with me that Americans need to grow a collective pair of balls and stop living in fear of every boogyman they can possibly imagine.

    Those people disagree with me because they're cowards and agreeing would force them to take a good hard look in the mirror.

    And they can't do that because then they'd see the yellow streak running down their spine and they'd have to admit, if to no one but themselves, themselves, that they're what's wrong with this country.

    If Teddy Roosevelt came back from the grave he'd dick whip the lot of you.

    A nation of cowards, who are so cowardly that they encourage their "sheepdogs" to be cowards too.

    Rock on Cav Scout - "Why walk when you can ride, whay fight when you can hide!"
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  2. #12
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    I agree.

    Very few people agree with me that Americans need to grow a collective pair of balls and stop living in fear of every boogyman they can possibly imagine.

    Those people disagree with me because they're cowards and agreeing would force them to take a good hard look in the mirror.

    And they can't do that because then they'd see the yellow streak running down their spine and they'd have to admit, if to no one but themselves, themselves, that they're what's wrong with this country.

    If Teddy Roosevelt came back from the grave he'd dick whip the lot of you.

    A nation of cowards, who are so cowardly that they encourage their "sheepdogs" to be cowards too.

    Rock on Cav Scout - "Why walk when you can ride, whay fight when you can hide!"
    #1 Cav scouts are on the front line and they can conduct operation that aren't mounted.

    #2 number one is off topic so let's not discuss that any further

    #3 oh everyone in the USA is wrong and a pussy but you're obviously correct because you're important and smart right? Go out and preach if you're that smart and make a change since you apparently have some answer that all of America must hear and learn.

    #4 go live somewhere else if you're that disillusioned (over an illusion, how ironic!) about the USA
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #13
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    By all appearances Kenny wasn't disabled.

    He got his bell rung.

    He still had the presence of mind to draw his weapon, fire several rounds hitting his target (in a dynamic engagement in an enclosed space) three times including once in the head (actually pretty incredible shooting for an "average" cop - I don't know if Kenny was "average" or "highly trained" in pistol marksmanship or what).

    He then called in the shoot and rendered first aid.

    I've been punched in the head and continued to fight and I've been punched in the head and disabled.

    If Kenny was able to do all those things that he did - he wasn't "disabled" in any way.

    He was scared.

    He could have gone hands on with the kid, he could have gone to a baton or other less than lethal.

    But he was frightened so he killed a kid that probably didn't need to be killed.

    And that's *cool* because the law says that frightened cops (in their own determination - there is no standard for what frightened really is and we take their word for it every time that "I feared for my life" is the Bible truth) can shoot people.

    Okay, fair enough, but if simply being punched in the head is enough to frighten you to the point that your next immediate act is to draw a gun and kill someone then you really don't have any business being in a position where there's a good possibility that you'll run in to such a situation again.

    I don't think Kenny should be prosecuted, but I don't think he should be a cop either.

    I think he's a coward with an itchy trigger finger and the public would be better served by having someone with a little more personal courage enforcing its laws.

    By comparison, I've read that Kenny had previously been involved in another use of lethal force incident where he shot (killed?) a kid who pointed a bee-bee gun at him.

    I have NO problem with that.

    I don't know all the details of that incident, but if someone points ANYTHING that looks like a weapon at a cop I'm totally cool with the cop shooting.

    Again, legally Kenny did nothing wrong.

    It is my opinion that we should hold cops to a higher standard than they're currently held, but by the current standard Kenny is good to go.

    I don't think Kenny is a racist, or did what he did out of racial motivations in any way.

    I could be wrong about that.

    It could very well be that Kenny was particularly frightened because Madison was black, and if he'd been a white kid Kenny would have considered him less a threat.

    But I see no evidence to support that so I'm not accusing him or bigotry.

    So while I don't think Kenny is cut out for law enforcement work I don't think he's a criminal or necessarily a bad guy.

    You're free to feel however you feel about the guy.

    Can him a "hero" or a "sheepdog" or whatever you want.

    I think you'd be wrong, but I respect your right to be wrong.
    You dont know anything about the Tueller Drill then do you? That research and testing shows that someone within 21 feet of an armed person can get to the armed person and kill them before the armed person can draw and fire? It is used in court all the time as a standard. You can google it for more.

    And 'bell rung' means automatically that you are not 100%, and at a disadvantage. Did you know that if you are confronted with a gun within arm distance, up to say 5 or 6 feet, you are not supposed to draw your own gun, but step in and try to take/control the other gun? That is how self-defense for that scenario is trained.

    Did you know that it's fairly easy for a suspect to do this to police (or anyone) and then fight over the gun? This is why police tell people to get on the ground with their hands behind their heads...so that they take that option (mostly) away from the suspect. So they dont end up grappling for the gun.


    You should be better informed on the realities of self-defense before you judge people who are in life or death situations...and you arent.

    No one says he's a hero, he was doing his job. And of course he was frightened....you think people get into struggles with people stupid enough to attack a cop and arent scared? Scared doesnt mean you cant function properly. Millions of cops do it every week. Scared means you have a brain. Training and preparation help you function when afraid.
    Last edited by Lursa; 05-13-15 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #14
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Tony Robinson case: No charges for officer - CNN.com



    I think the Prosecutor got the decision correct based upon the information he gave during his press announcement speech.

    What are your thoughts????
    My thoughts? He got it right, based on what he said.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #15
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 04:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Very few people agree with me that Americans need to grow a collective pair of balls and stop living in fear of every boogyman they can possibly imagine.
    What if the boogeyman is on a cocktail of narcotics, 6'5, already assaulted several people, ran through oncoming traffic, and just punched you in the side of the head? THEN are we allowed to have fear?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    What if the boogeyman is on a cocktail of narcotics, 6'5, already assaulted several people, ran through oncoming traffic, and just punched you in the side of the head? THEN are we allowed to have fear?
    Here in Bellevue, WA in 2000, a cop tried to get a naked guy out of an intersection. The naked guy got his gun and killed him. Did the veteran cop make at least one mistake? Sure.

    But if he had even drawn his firearm, the public and the media would have screamed. If he had actually shot the guy? He'd have been crucified in the media...even if found innocent, he never would have gotten past it, he would have been destroyed professionally.

    Someone doesnt have to have a gun to be a lethal threat and this is a good example of how giving the benefit of the doubt can get a cop killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    I see the left has moved on to "bi-racial" injustice. Who saw that coming.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    I agree.

    Very few people agree with me that Americans need to grow a collective pair of balls and stop living in fear of every boogyman they can possibly imagine.

    Those people disagree with me because they're cowards and agreeing would force them to take a good hard look in the mirror.

    And they can't do that because then they'd see the yellow streak running down their spine and they'd have to admit, if to no one but themselves, themselves, that they're what's wrong with this country.

    If Teddy Roosevelt came back from the grave he'd dick whip the lot of you.

    A nation of cowards, who are so cowardly that they encourage their "sheepdogs" to be cowards too.

    Rock on Cav Scout - "Why walk when you can ride, whay fight when you can hide!"
    Here is the problem I have with your "analysis" if you will.

    Its bred in some kind of "tough guy" attitude.

    We are talking about a physically fit 19 year old hallucinating on shrooms, fighting with ghosts while tearing holes in the walls and not feeling it.

    We are talking about a guy tripping on drugs in such a way that he had already proved himself to be a menace to society by assaulting 3 people and running in traffic.

    We are talking about a guy who punched a police officer... ONCE... hard enough to put him into a wall and cave the ****ing wall in. ONE of those punches in the right spot would knock that Officer out, giving an insane, drugged out person who already assaulted random pedestrians on 2 other seperate occasions the opportunity to obtain a lethal firearm and other tools of police trade from the Officer, including his vehicle, to use for whatever nefarious reasons he should choose.

    If anyone thinks a guy tripping on mushrooms who assaulted 3 people and tore up an entire apartment fighting with his imagination wouldn't use that firearm to shoot random innocent civilians at a much greater loss of innocent life than that of one person who, at the time was a violent assailant and menace to society......... they are just arguing to be arguing, or are an incredulously ignorant person.


    Whatever the case may be....... this is the case against the use of any form of hallucinogen for "recreational purposes".




    Also.... stop trying to be such an "Internet Tough Guy"...... its really pathetic to watch.

  9. #19
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

    There have been plenty of bad behaviors by cops recently that got covered up by phony investigations. This isn't one of those situations.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •