Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

  1. #41
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Are you kidding me? How am I "peddleing" them? Also its not all Democrats, my little applause symbol is for those in the Party that stopped it. If you see the vote count many Democrats voted for the motion...

    They voted, in public. What the is your point? Do you even have one? Is it to just deny how events happened and speaking in favor of some for doing something I agree with is a no no?



    This is actually what you said: "THE ACA in committee was kept from the public,and when it hit the floor, it was not given much debate time." Post #18

    First to the great reporting of HotAir: this is exactly what I meant when I said it seems you have no idea on how it works. Committees are cancelled all the time, it happens all the time, and it even happens to plot strategy. Benefits of being the majority party, you control the committees. Welcome to politics.

    Second to the LATimes: Guess what, the House agreed to the Senate's bill thus becoming law. No conference committee needed.

    None of this is evidence to what you stated. It was not kept secret from the committee process, it was given time to debate, and was not kept form the public.

    Anyways back to the TPP.
    i will make it simple what i mean....

    your threads have become the james d. hill of threads, because you make post... to make one politician party worst then other, thats your MO.....and no one has to think hard on the one you wish to demonize..

    my point had to do with the comment you made which i highlighted, which you were trying to put forth that democrats were doing the right thing, and that things should be out in the open or nothing.

    my point was... republicans want to keep things from the public, but both parties do it, as when the ACA was being formed, [and i showed you links, which you acted as thought none existed]....which i also stated you would not accept and would reject as you have.

    because the truth for you exist only in your post.

    again.... this among others are peddling post for a party.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    34,368

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I have to say I find it curious, and just a little bit humorous, that some of the same posters who were criticizing Republicans for not wanting to let Obama bind America to a secretly negotiated deal with Iran are now cheering on Democrats for not wanting to let Obama bind America to a secretly negotiated trade deal with the Asian group.

    American politics are wonderful.
    Which is why we need a Parliamentary style debate over these issues.
    Warren has been the Adult and Obama has been the Asshole in this discussion.
    DEMs are tired of falling on the sword for BHO .
    You're Welcome .

  3. #43
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Are you for or against TPP
    i only commented on the OP posters comment.... thats all.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    The P5+1 are all interested in ensuring that Iran doesn't get a nuclear weapon, that's six countries with the same interest, not just Obama secretly scheming something. The TPP is being negotiated, on the American side by 28 different committees which collectively are composed of 85% corporate executives and industry lobbyists. This trade deal will have very direct effects on everyday Americans, good or bad. The Iran deal, meh, Iran is no problem to the daily affairs of average Americans. There's no comparison.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #45
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i only commented on the OP posters comment.... thats all.
    I understand. But I looked at your first post in this thread, and I can't tell whether or not you support TPP?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #46
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,822

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Which is why we need a Parliamentary style debate over these issues.
    Warren has been the Adult and Obama has been the Asshole in this discussion.
    DEMs are tired of falling on the sword for BHO .
    Canada, as a negotiating party to the TPTA will have just such a debate and we have had several discussions in our newspapers about the negotiations. The most recent story was about the Obama administration trying to put pressure on Canada to remove our dairy and farming supports as part of the deal and Canada resisting. I'm not sure what you're hearing in America, but we hear about these things here, just as we heard all about our negotiated trade deal with the EU which is now before parliament for debate.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  7. #47
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by montecresto View Post
    i understand. But i looked at your first post in this thread, and i can't tell whether or not you support tpp?
    that is because i didnt take a postion on that subject, my reply only had to do with the posters comments.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that is because i didnt take a postion on that subject, my reply only had to do witheh posters comments.
    Thank you, I did understand that the first time. May I ask you your position on TPP?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #49
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,333

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Thank you, I did understand that the first time. May I ask you your position on TPP?
    i cant give you one, because i have not studied that issue, because i have much other reading to do, concerning constitutional law.

    but i can tell you i have always been for free trade, however that trade must be equal trade from both sides.

  10. #50
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    I will admit that I don't know enough about the bill to know where I stand. I've read some of this thread and I still don't know enough about this bill to comment. I don't think any others do either. Everyone seems to have a grip on the partisan nature of the bill however. I honestly don't trust democrats, republicans or Obama. If someone can talk about the merits of the bill, good or bad, it would be interesting.

    Republicans may like fast track because they understand that Obama has a short time left in office and eventually it will open some doors for future presidents. The devil is in the details though and it's the details I would be concerned about.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •