Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

  1. #31
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I am a conservative vs republican however I don't support all trade agreements.
    unless there is value in it for America I see no reason to sign any trade agreement.

    Just from what I read I would not support this bill either.
    however I know why the president does, and many might question why the president does however if you read some of the more disturbing parts of this bill
    it fits right in line with his ideology.
    Well, whatever that alleged ideology is, it must be shared by republicans.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    32,242

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What's particularly wrong with the TPP? I'm trying to find good sources as to what it actually does but unfortunately most are partisan spin pieces.
    The only people allowed to see what's right and wrong with TPP must be Congressman and Senators who must read it in a secret room and are not allowed to take notes.

    DEM Senators are using the only weapon they have--the one McConnell set all-time records on for the previous SIX years up until now .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  3. #33
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,115

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What you are arguing is that the bill itself was not public... Are you freaking kidding me? You know how ridiculous that is and sounds? The bill was debated in public and worked in committee in public. Now please provide me with information that states otherwise, I can literally show you that it was, and for you to state otherwise is flat out wrong and ridiculous.


    You clearly do not.


    This isnt about my posting habits now. Please try to stay on topic I know you had to move the goalposts to something about the ACA, then make up something how the ACA was not public, now you are resorting to my posting habits. But c'mon now...


    You were the one that brought up the ACA then made **** up about how it was worked through congress... But I agree lets go back to the TPP shall we?



    Umm I mean the party that blocked it was the Democrats... U.S. Senate: Roll Call Vote
    my point is clear, you peddle the democrats in your story postings because thats your MO.

    in this story you pushing the democrats as if what they do in Washington open and accessible to the pubic, whereas they have not always been open to the public..


    you just asked for info,which states....well there is information that does not agreed with you...now i know you will reject it, but that does not matter...because i am showing you evidence of what i have said.

    Video: House Dems cancel committee meetings, go behind closed doors for ObamaCare « Hot Air

    Since it's basically one-party rule in Washington nowadays, Democratic leaders including Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are seriously considering pushing President Obama's beloved healthcare legislation through Congress without the normal conference committee work involving both party's members from both houses.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ats-obama.html

    and there are more links to more stories of democrats in closed door meetings....

    so again your post are, you peddling the democrats
    Last edited by Master PO; 05-12-15 at 05:51 PM.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,916

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    my point is clear, you peddle the democrats in your story postings because thats your MO.

    in this story you pushing the democrats as if what they do in Washington open and accessible to the pubic, whereas they have not always been open to the public..

    you just asked for info,which states....well there is information that does not agreed with you...now i know you will reject it, but that does not matter...because i am showing you evidence of what i have said.

    Video: House Dems cancel committee meetings, go behind closed doors for ObamaCare « Hot Air

    Since it's basically one-party rule in Washington nowadays, Democratic leaders including Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are seriously considering pushing President Obama's beloved healthcare legislation through Congress without the normal conference committee work involving both party's members from both houses.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ats-obama.html

    and there are more links to more stories of democrats in closed door meetings....

    so again your post are, you peddling the democrats
    You just cannot compare the debate surrounding ACA with the TPP. They're in no way similar. The GOP proposed and the Congress adopted over 100 GOP amendments to the bill, there were dozens of hearings, many days of debate on the floor, etc. What they're trying to do with TPP is allow no one to see the bill, grant the POTUS fast track, which means it must be voted on as is, without any amendments, and they're supposed to do so without having the first idea what is actually in the trade bill. They're night and day differences. Bringing up ACA in this context is just a red herring, nothing more.

  5. #35
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,115

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You just cannot compare the debate surrounding ACA with the TPP. They're in no way similar. The GOP proposed and the Congress adopted over 100 GOP amendments to the bill, there were dozens of hearings, many days of debate on the floor, etc. What they're trying to do with TPP is allow no one to see the bill, grant the POTUS fast track, which means it must be voted on as is, without any amendments, and they're supposed to do so without having the first idea what is actually in the trade bill. They're night and day differences. Bringing up ACA in this context is just a red herring, nothing more.
    actually what i am saying is this plain an simple....this is a DEMOCRAT PEDDLING THREAD.

  6. #36
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,935
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    my point is clear, you peddle the democrats in your story postings because thats your MO.
    Are you kidding me? How am I "peddleing" them? Also its not all Democrats, my little applause symbol is for those in the Party that stopped it. If you see the vote count many Democrats voted for the motion...
    in this story you pushing the democrats as if what they do in Washington open and accessible to the pubic, whereas they have not always been open to the public..
    They voted, in public. What the is your point? Do you even have one? Is it to just deny how events happened and speaking in favor of some for doing something I agree with is a no no?
    you just asked for info,which states....well there is information that does not agreed with you...now i know you will reject it, but that does not matter...because i am showing you evidence of what i have said.

    Video: House Dems cancel committee meetings, go behind closed doors for ObamaCare « Hot Air

    Since it's basically one-party rule in Washington nowadays, Democratic leaders including Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are seriously considering pushing President Obama's beloved healthcare legislation through Congress without the normal conference committee work involving both party's members from both houses.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ats-obama.html

    and there are more links to more stories of democrats in closed door meetings....

    so again your post are, you peddling the democrats

    This is actually what you said: "THE ACA in committee was kept from the public,and when it hit the floor, it was not given much debate time." Post #18

    First to the great reporting of HotAir: this is exactly what I meant when I said it seems you have no idea on how it works. Committees are cancelled all the time, it happens all the time, and it even happens to plot strategy. Benefits of being the majority party, you control the committees. Welcome to politics.

    Second to the LATimes: Guess what, the House agreed to the Senate's bill thus becoming law. No conference committee needed.

    None of this is evidence to what you stated. It was not kept secret from the committee process, it was given time to debate, and was not kept form the public.

    Anyways back to the TPP.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  7. #37
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,935
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    actually what i am saying is this plain an simple....this is a DEMOCRAT PEDDLING THREAD.
    Stating what ****ing happened is not "peddling". Its stating what ****ing happened.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  8. #38
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,771

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    I have to say I find it curious, and just a little bit humorous, that some of the same posters who were criticizing Republicans for not wanting to let Obama bind America to a secretly negotiated deal with Iran are now cheering on Democrats for not wanting to let Obama bind America to a secretly negotiated trade deal with the Asian group.

    American politics are wonderful.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    32,242

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I mean the party that blocked it was the Democrats... U.S. Senate: Roll Call Vote
    Thanks for the link TDS--looks just like the previous SIX years--just parties reversed--and the POTUS watching the Senate play politics.
    With few focusing on McConnell not including currency manipulation and child labor--reverse poison pills I'd say.
    DEM Carden a YES and McConnell a No so he can bring it up for further consideration--as Reid had to do thousands of times over six years.

    Rubio, Graham and Booker not voting.
    Graham has always protected his textiles--Rubio being given a pass not to offend TEAs--Booker afraid of the Longshoremen but supporting TPP for inner cities.

    The House is still a long shot for Boehner--he's lost his Freedom Caucus/TEAs on almost every issue--like this one--and the Cromnibus and DHS.
    Which brings us back to Wyden in the Senate with the power.
    And Pelosi with renewed power in the House .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  10. #40
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    my point is clear, you peddle the democrats in your story postings because thats your MO.

    in this story you pushing the democrats as if what they do in Washington open and accessible to the pubic, whereas they have not always been open to the public..


    you just asked for info,which states....well there is information that does not agreed with you...now i know you will reject it, but that does not matter...because i am showing you evidence of what i have said.

    Video: House Dems cancel committee meetings, go behind closed doors for ObamaCare « Hot Air

    Since it's basically one-party rule in Washington nowadays, Democratic leaders including Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are seriously considering pushing President Obama's beloved healthcare legislation through Congress without the normal conference committee work involving both party's members from both houses.

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ats-obama.html

    and there are more links to more stories of democrats in closed door meetings....

    so again your post are, you peddling the democrats
    Are you for or against TPP
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •