Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 80

Thread: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

  1. #21
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,541
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    THE ACA in committee was kept from the public,
    Really? Was it now? And how did they do such a thing? Please tell me.

    and when it hit the floor, it was not given much debate time..
    You really dont understand the basics of the Senate do you?

    .which it why it is referred to as being "rammed down the throats of americans"
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,423

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    May democrats do actually oppose trade deals that are harmful to American workers.Its shame that so many republicans some democrats have their lips firmly wrapped around the cocks of businesses owners who wish to outsource.
    I am a conservative vs republican however I don't support all trade agreements.
    unless there is value in it for America I see no reason to sign any trade agreement.

    Just from what I read I would not support this bill either.
    however I know why the president does, and many might question why the president does however if you read some of the more disturbing parts of this bill
    it fits right in line with his ideology.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,058

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority
    i'll cautiously applaud this, but i have to point out that i believe that the trade agreement is going to go through anyway. this is because those with money have already purchased it. Democrats still have to put on a good pro labor show for those of us in the cheap seats, though, and i suspect that this is what's happening now.

  4. #24
    Anti-democracy advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    China - teaching grasshopper
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,070

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Really? Was it now? And how did they do such a thing? Please tell me.


    You really dont understand the basics of the Senate do you?


    did the facts of the law of the ACA made public while in committee...no..it was behind closed doors.

    i underSTAND the senate very well..but hereS my point!

    every time you make post you do so as to make the republicans look bad, in this case you make it look look democrats stood up for truth and kept the american people from getting Scre*ed.

    now lets say you correct in this point on this thread.

    however democrats have kept things from the public in the past and will do it again, just like republicans do.....neither party is a party of ..trust.

    so peddling 1 party over the other is a waste.
    Anti-Democracy advocate, Mixed government is the only good government

    THE
    second point to be examined is, whether the [constitutional ]convention were authorized to frame and propose this mixed Constitution.


  5. #25
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    7,106

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Either you have the conversation in an open way or nothing. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I am so done with this President.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  6. #26
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i'll cautiously applaud this, but i have to point out that i believe that the trade agreement is going to go through anyway. this is because those with money have already purchased it. Democrats still have to put on a good pro labor show for those of us in the cheap seats, though, and i suspect that this is what's happening now.
    Such cynicism. But I've always believed that the cynical, while not the happy, is the logical position.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,058

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Such cynicism. But I've always believed that the cynical, while not the happy, is the logical position.
    i'm actually curious to see if my cynicism turns out to be correct. might as well make the latest POS trade agreement interesting.

    oh, and a little bit of retro :



    my first presidential vote.

  8. #28
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,541
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    did the facts of the law of the ACA made public while in committee...no..it was behind closed doors.
    What you are arguing is that the bill itself was not public... Are you freaking kidding me? You know how ridiculous that is and sounds? The bill was debated in public and worked in committee in public. Now please provide me with information that states otherwise, I can literally show you that it was, and for you to state otherwise is flat out wrong and ridiculous.

    i underSTAND the senate very well..but hereS my point!
    You clearly do not.

    every time you make post you do so as to make the republicans look bad, in this case you make it look look democrats stood up for truth and kept the american people from getting Scre*ed.
    This isnt about my posting habits now. Please try to stay on topic I know you had to move the goalposts to something about the ACA, then make up something how the ACA was not public, now you are resorting to my posting habits. But c'mon now...

    now lets say you correct in this point on this thread.
    You were the one that brought up the ACA then made **** up about how it was worked through congress... But I agree lets go back to the TPP shall we?


    so peddling 1 party over the other is a waste.
    Umm I mean the party that blocked it was the Democrats... U.S. Senate: Roll Call Vote
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    26,610

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    McConnell tosses in poison pills on currency manipulation and child labor at the last minute, sealing the deal on cloture.

    And saving Boehner another embarrassment at this point by not being able to pass TPP .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,184

    Re: Senate Democrats Block Progress on Obama’s Trade Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I am a conservative vs republican however I don't support all trade agreements.
    unless there is value in it for America I see no reason to sign any trade agreement.

    Just from what I read I would not support this bill either.
    however I know why the president does, and many might question why the president does however if you read some of the more disturbing parts of this bill
    it fits right in line with his ideology.
    That's a bit cryptic, but it fits with the ideology of almost all republicans, big business, the Chamber of Commerce, multinationals, etc. I'm not sure what your point is here.

    What is indicates to me is the socialist etc. label for Obama is ridiculous. He's a middle of the road, centrist, neo-liberal on economic matters like pretty much the last several POTUS's. Not much different than Bush or Clinton.

    I'm glad democrats and republicans stopped fast track on a bill negotiated in secret by lobbyists for the behemoth corporate interests. It's like asking Congress to take a pig in a poke, which I'm vehemently opposed to on this trade deal.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •