Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99

Thread: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma disapproves
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    24,842

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    And, if you were to read, what those quotes say, you would find that it is not homosexuality I criticize. But that might be too demanding of you as isit equines more than one dimensional thinking in a fifty years old rut.
    isit equines? We having a senior moment, JoG?

    It's definitely not horse, btw.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  2. #32
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver

    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,778
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    isit equines? We having a senior moment, JoG?

    It's definitely not horse, btw.
    I dunno.
    I've see the size of some of them there gay dildos, and the word "horse" definitely comes to mind.
    Let's see if we can find a solution. It's something that I think is, frankly, maybe not as difficult as people have thought over the years.
    -- Donald Dumbass Trump on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,476

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I dunno.
    I've see the size of some of them there gay dildos, and the word "horse" definitely comes to mind.
    Pony.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,476

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    isit equines? We having a senior moment, JoG?

    It's definitely not horse, btw.
    I admit that this mobile does auto correct to odd words. I guess I will have to pay more attention before hitting return.

    PS: But your answer shows quite nicely, that you are stuck in the rut and have a problem understanding the matter at hand.

  5. #35
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver

    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,778
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I admit that this mobile does auto correct to odd words. I guess I will have to pay more attention before hitting return.

    PS: But your answer shows quite nicely, that you are stuck in the rut and have a problem understanding the matter at hand.
    I think he understands it full well. In fact he's walked a mile in gay shoes, so not only does he understands first-hand, he's doing so looking rather fabulous.
    You have zero clue what it's like living in a world that treats you as a lesser, so you should reserve your judgement.
    Let's see if we can find a solution. It's something that I think is, frankly, maybe not as difficult as people have thought over the years.
    -- Donald Dumbass Trump on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,476

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I think he understands it full well. In fact he's walked a mile in gay shoes, so not only does he understands first-hand, he's doing so looking rather fabulous.
    You have zero clue what it's like living in a world that treats you as a lesser, so you should reserve your judgement.
    I feel for him that he is traumatized and it is sad that you think he thinks the way he does, because he is still dealing with it. But that does not make the position he portraits better.

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma disapproves
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    24,842

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I think he understands it full well. In fact he's walked a mile in gay shoes, so not only does he understands first-hand, he's doing so looking rather fabulous.
    You have zero clue what it's like living in a world that treats you as a lesser, so you should reserve your judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I feel for him that he is traumatized and it is sad that you think he thinks the way he does, because he is still dealing with it. But that does not make the position he portraits better.
    You think I'm traumatised by being gay? I'm more traumatised by needing two different pairs of spectacles. You seem more traumatised by the prospect of having to use the words, husband and husband/wife and wife in your everyday discourse. Poor you! I could recommend a good therapist, there are lots to choose from since sexual orientation isn't anywhere near as psychologically traumatising as it used to be. Poor loves are scrabbling for work. Your neuroses would be money in the bank for them.

    Middleground get's it. JoG doesn't. Two heterosexual women, not that great an age difference but one with a simple understanding that accepting change and difference isn't necessarily a threat to anyone, the other feeling threatened and undermined at every turn. One understands that the personal is political, the other deluded enough to believe that conformity has great value.

    MG is awarded the Pink Heart for services to fabulosity. JoG receives the Anita Bryant Memorial Tranquiliser.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,476

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    You think I'm traumatised by being gay? I'm more traumatised by needing two different pairs of spectacles. You seem more traumatised by the prospect of having to use the words, husband and husband/wife and wife in your everyday discourse. Poor you! I could recommend a good therapist, there are lots to choose from since sexual orientation isn't anywhere near as psychologically traumatising as it used to be. Poor loves are scrabbling for work. Your neuroses would be money in the bank for them.

    Middleground get's it. JoG doesn't. Two heterosexual women, not that great an age difference but one with a simple understanding that accepting change and difference isn't necessarily a threat to anyone, the other feeling threatened and undermined at every turn. One understands that the personal is political, the other deluded enough to believe that conformity has great value.

    MG is awarded the Pink Heart for services to fabulosity. JoG receives the Anita Bryant Memorial Tranquiliser.
    That is what Middleground seemed to be implying. For it is immaterial that you be gay or not to the objective argument. But what his information said is that your judgment of the facts is dominated by your having had such a hard time as a homosexual. That would have fit and explained why your opinion is so biased on this point, where otherwise you seem to have quite balanced views.

  9. #39
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma disapproves
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    24,842

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    That would have fit and explained why your opinion is so biased on this point, where otherwise you seem to have quite balanced views.
    You see, that just about sums up my thoughts on you. I wonder what kind of trauma you've suffered at the hands of LGBT people that makes you so obsessed with the matter, despite it not really having much bearing on your life as an elderly, heterosexual lady. In other threads, on other topics, you appear to be quite sane and rational. The fact that you appear to post in the sex and sexuality forum far more than I do (652 vs. 423 posts) suggests you have a bit of a hang-up on the subject.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #40
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 03:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,716

    Re: Cuba gay pride calls for same-sex marriage to become legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Decisions that rectify injustice and discrimination should be welcomed wherever they occur. If your May 22nd referendum rejects gay marriage, am I to congratulate Ireland on its democratic process? What comfort is it to oppressed minorities to learn that at least the discrimination being heaped on them is democratically arrived at?
    You're not just "welcoming" it, you're using it as a stick to be beat the US down with - even though gay marriage is legal in more US states than European ones.

    And yes, democratic acceptance of gay equality is far more meaningful though not necessary for it to be the correct decision. It actually reflects that society has accepted their minorities, not just a powerful few - which has implication beyond the one issue, Cuba is reflective of that.

    EDIT: Also, I believe the legislation being proposed in Cuba is for civil unions, not gay marriage (same same but different). That's passé by western standards.
    Last edited by Ben K.; 05-11-15 at 01:02 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •