Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

  1. #1
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    05-15-17 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,397

    Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Who poses more danger now. Iran or N. Korea?

    Report: North Korea tests underwater ballistic missile - CNN.com

  2. #2
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,926

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Means little...not that I am sorry you posted it.

    NK is just trying to saber rattle because that is about all they have.

    They could have a hundred ICBM's and it matters little.

    If they use even one, they will be obliterated and they know it. So they will never use them
    They might as well have launched a marshmallow on top of a missile for all the good it will do them.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  3. #3
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    05-15-17 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,397

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Means little...not that I am sorry you posted it.

    NK is just trying to saber rattle because that is about all they have.

    They could have a hundred ICBM's and it matters little.

    If they use even one, they will be obliterated and they know it. So they will never use them
    They might as well have launched a marshmallow on top of a missile for all the good it will do them.
    Yeah no need to stoop so low to negotiate then.

  4. #4
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,926

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    Yeah no need to stoop so low to negotiate then.
    Negotiate what?
    The West is handling NK TOTALLY wrong, IMO.

    I would pull out all American forces from South Korea and take away one of the main fears the North uses to keep it's people submissive - the thread of an American led invasion.

    Then, I would offer NK all the food they want (that I could spare) and totally ignore them otherwise and just wait until the pathetic regime collapses on itself.

    If the North want to develop nukes - let 'em. Why should the West basically pay them not to develop them when the North so desperately needs the bargaining chip to feed/fuel it's people?

    Besides, even if NK agreed to destroy all their nukes - how the heck would the West ever be sure that the North did not store a few dozen underground somewhere just in case?
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  5. #5
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,857

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Negotiate what?
    The West is handling NK TOTALLY wrong, IMO.

    I would pull out all American forces from South Korea and take away one of the main fears the North uses to keep it's people submissive - the thread of an American led invasion.

    Then, I would offer NK all the food they want (that I could spare) and totally ignore them otherwise and just wait until the pathetic regime collapses on itself.

    If the North want to develop nukes - let 'em. Why should the West basically pay them not to develop them when the North so desperately needs the bargaining chip to feed/fuel it's people?

    Besides, even if NK agreed to destroy all their nukes - how the heck would the West ever be sure that the North did not store a few dozen underground somewhere just in case?
    ... totalitarian societies (as opposed to authoritarian ones) don't really care about whether the threat is real or not. With that stated, the number of ways in which starving several million people - regardless of the reason - could backfire and prove to be disastrous in the long term are simply too many to count.

    Let's try a realistic approach and take North Korea's enablers to task. It's not like North Korea is getting weapons from the US. So why hasn't the US - for the past 26 years (fall of the USSR) - come out and made sure their backers in the international community are exposed? I think it's time to give up this hawkish foreign policy and simply take members of the international community to task with the same international laws that they love to point out that the US isn't following.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #6
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Negotiate what?
    The West is handling NK TOTALLY wrong, IMO.

    I would pull out all American forces from South Korea and take away one of the main fears the North uses to keep it's people submissive - the thread of an American led invasion.

    Then, I would offer NK all the food they want (that I could spare) and totally ignore them otherwise and just wait until the pathetic regime collapses on itself.

    If the North want to develop nukes - let 'em. Why should the West basically pay them not to develop them when the North so desperately needs the bargaining chip to feed/fuel it's people?

    Besides, even if NK agreed to destroy all their nukes - how the heck would the West ever be sure that the North did not store a few dozen underground somewhere just in case?
    It would be pretty funny if we started a campaign of dropping food and supplies on them. It would wreck the North Korean propaganda machine pretty quickly.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36,220
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Negotiate what?
    The West is handling NK TOTALLY wrong, IMO.

    I would pull out all American forces from South Korea and take away one of the main fears the North uses to keep it's people submissive - the thread of an American led invasion.

    Then, I would offer NK all the food they want (that I could spare) and totally ignore them otherwise and just wait until the pathetic regime collapses on itself.

    If the North want to develop nukes - let 'em. Why should the West basically pay them not to develop them when the North so desperately needs the bargaining chip to feed/fuel it's people?

    Besides, even if NK agreed to destroy all their nukes - how the heck would the West ever be sure that the North did not store a few dozen underground somewhere just in case?
    The only thing preventing a war in Korea is the USA, we leave the South will demolish them.
    C.T.L.W. You figure it out



  8. #8
    Sage
    DA60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,926

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The only thing preventing a war in Korea is the USA, we leave the South will demolish them.
    With what?

    Single-handedly, the South is FAR superior to the North in conventional weapons...far. With their air force alone they would probably have total air superiority in a few days. The North's military is made up primarily of VERY old weapon systems that cannot even dream of competing against the South's military technology.

    Throw in American/NATO/UN air power that could come to the South's aid in a few days and the North would not stand a chance against the South...not even close.

    And so long as America pledges to retaliate with nukes to any NK attack with nukes - the North's hands are tied militarily.
    'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
    'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
    "Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."

  9. #9
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,857

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    With what?

    Single-handedly, the South is FAR superior to the North in conventional weapons...far. With their air force alone they would probably have total air superiority in a few days. The North's military is made up primarily of VERY old weapon systems that cannot even dream of competing against the South's military technology.

    Throw in American/NATO/UN air power that could come to the South's aid in a few days and the North would not stand a chance against the South...not even close.

    And so long as America pledges to retaliate with nukes to any NK attack with nukes - the North's hands are tied militarily.
    I think his statement meant that the US just prevents a war that the South would without a doubt win.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #10
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    40,621

    Re: Report: North Korea tests ballistic missile

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... totalitarian societies (as opposed to authoritarian ones) don't really care about whether the threat is real or not. With that stated, the number of ways in which starving several million people - regardless of the reason - could backfire and prove to be disastrous in the long term are simply too many to count.

    Let's try a realistic approach and take North Korea's enablers to task. It's not like North Korea is getting weapons from the US. So why hasn't the US - for the past 26 years (fall of the USSR) - come out and made sure their backers in the international community are exposed? I think it's time to give up this hawkish foreign policy and simply take members of the international community to task with the same international laws that they love to point out that the US isn't following.
    *cough*CHINA*cough*
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •