Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 499

Thread: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

  1. #391
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Last Seen
    07-23-17 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,937

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    More recent account:

    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #392
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,667

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    So why wouldnt you want more poor/middle class people to open businesses and become rich?
    If the goal was for the creation of larger numbers of higher paying WAGE employment........why do you insist on going in circles? I'm not arguing for greater concentrations of wealth in fewer hands, you are, by your own admission. Again, you are arguing out of both sides of your mouth, contradicting yourself. You don't lament the large numbers of low wage jobs, you want it by arguing for wealthier owners.

    Further, the poor cannot create jobs, since they are capital poor....durr.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-16-15 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #393
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,667

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And what exactly does that tell you? You think that TX leading the nation in job creation benefited from the Obama economy?
    In a word, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,620

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    More recent account:

    Awesome, so we are back to 200-07 numbers when we had 52 straight months of strong job creation. Bush added 4.9 trillion to the debt and to date Obama has added 7.6 trillion. Is that the kind of return on investment that people like you think is good?

    Let me know why the labor force hasn't kept up with population growth and why there are still so many part time employees and discouraged workers with such a strong Obama economy?

  5. #395
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Last Seen
    07-23-17 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,937

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    December 2007 there were 146 million working Americans and today that is 148 million
    You fail to account for the 9 million jobs lost during the recession. Why do you chose to ignore this fact?

    When Obama took office and passed his stimulus to create shovel ready jobs there were 142 million working Americans, today that is 148 million
    The labor market did not reach it's bottom. Since 2010, more than 12 million jobs have been created; this is a fact that you cannot deny.

    In January 2001 the debt was 10.6 trillion and today it is 18.2 trillion. Are those the result you want to tout?
    You have your years mixed up.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #396
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,620

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    In a word, yes.
    Guess Texans disagreed as Obama lost the state by 3 million votes and just elected another Republican governor with 60% of the vote.

  7. #397
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,667

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess Texans disagreed as Obama lost the state by 3 million votes and just elected another Republican governor with 60% of the vote.
    Texas benefiting from improving national economic conditions is not dependent upon who Texans casts a vote for....unless you have some BLS data linking those unrelated data sets. Obama won in spite of your fellow idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    65,620

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    You fail to account for the 9 million jobs lost during the recession. Why do you chose to ignore this fact?



    The labor market did not reach it's bottom. Since 2010, more than 12 million jobs have been created; this is a fact that you cannot deny.



    You have your years mixed up.
    You seem to ignore the shovel ready job stimulus program and the reality that yes we have recovered those jobs but not grown at all keeping up with population growth. In addition still waiting for you and others to address the full time part time workers because of economic conditions and the high number of discouraged workers

    My numbers come from the Treasury dept. Prove them wrong

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

  9. #399
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,427

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And what exactly does that tell you? You think that TX leading the nation in job creation benefited from the Obama economy? you have no idea what the charts show but because you think they make your point you post them. Here are the numbers that matter

    December 2007 there were 146 million working Americans and today that is 148 million

    When Obama took office and passed his stimulus to create shovel ready jobs there were 142 million working Americans, today that is 148 million

    In January 2001 the debt was 10.6 trillion and today it is 18.2 trillion. Are those the result you want to tout?

    You distort the numbers the same way you distort the Texas record. Lead the nation is job creation....What you didn't say is lead the nation is minimum wage job creation by handing out billions in corporate welfare while Texas health care and education are at the bottom of the country. Not so sure that is a record to be proud of Con.

    Only in your world is losing hundreds of thousands of jobs better than net job gain. You worship GWB who is known as the Herbert Hoover of the 21st century (for good reason).

    Sorry Con....but I'll let the numbers speak for themselves. Hint: They are not on your side. Doh!

  10. #400
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hyde Park
    Last Seen
    07-23-17 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,937

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let me know why the labor force hasn't kept up with population growth and why there are still so many part time employees and discouraged workers with such a strong Obama economy?
    Advanced economies entered a period of secular stagnation at the turn of the century, as automation began replacing labor. A housing bubble masked the symptoms for a time.

    Secular stagnation:

    Secular stagnation is a condition of negligible or no economic growth in a market-based economy. When per capita income stays at relatively high levels, the percentage of savings is likely to start exceeding the percentage of longer-term investments in, for example, infrastructure and education, that are necessary to sustain future economic growth. The absence of such investments (and consequently of the economic growth) leads to declining levels of per capita income (and consequently of per capita savings). With the reduced percentage savings rate converging with the reduced investment rate, economic growth comes to a standstill ie, it stagnates. In a free economy, consumers anticipating secular stagnation, might transfer their savings to more attractive-looking foreign countries. This would lead to a devaluation of their domestic currency, which would potentially boost their exports, assuming that the country did have goods or services that could be exported.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •