Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 499

Thread: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

  1. #371
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Now you are flip-flopping your argument, I already pointed out that the vast majority of jobs created by SB are lower paying jobs, the gap is @ 22%. You countered by saying it creates richer owners, sidestepping the wage gap which is due to lower capital levels. I'm afraid we are done.
    So what? Would you rather have someone making $10 an hour at Walmart or $10 an hour working as a secretary at a small business??? Id rather have small businesses expand and more families enjoy wealth than fewer. If the business is successful what do you care? The community benefits from that business being around. Im sure all the workers in those $40k+ jobs in small businesses like putting clothes on the kids back.

  2. #372
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,572

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    So what? Would you rather have someone making $10 an hour at Walmart or $10 an hour working as a secretary at a small business??? Id rather have small businesses expand and more families enjoy wealth than fewer. If the business is successful what do you care? The community benefits from that business being around. Im sure all the workers in those $40k+ jobs in small businesses like putting clothes on the kids back.
    A new Kauffman Foundation study shows that small businesses have historically paid workers significantly less than large firms, with small firms closing the gap to its slimmest margin in 2001, when their employees earned on average 78 percent of the salaries paid to workers at large firms. But the gap has been growing steadily ever since, and by 2011, that figure dropped to 66 percent.

    Big firms pay 50 percent higher wages than small businesses, study shows - The Washington Post

    Again, your point was that Obama has "created" so many low wage jobs (as opposed to the Bush Recession causing so many good paying state and local govt jobs to be eliminated) and your cure is to have more SB jobs that pay less than larger firms and only enrich the owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #373
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Again, your point was that Obama has "created" so many low wage jobs (as opposed to the Bush Recession causing so many good paying state and local govt jobs to be eliminated) and your cure is to have more SB jobs that pay less than larger firms and only enrich the owners.
    Why wouldnt I want more people to be rich? I think we need MORE rich people, not fewer.

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,811

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Learn how to use the quote function. Until then I am done with you
    I can't think of a better reason to continue to post that way. But don't let me discourage you from posting in response to me. Another thing I can't think of is someone more easily defeated in a debate. Not because you disagree with me. I'm sure there are many valid ways to counter my arguments. You just do a really lousy job of it. Yer too busy slamming me as a "blind liberal" who "can't do any research." I "need to grow up." I won't say that I don't descend to that level of worthless comment. But I'm confident that I don't start it.

    Tell me WHY Obama should be held responsible for the job losses in 2009. WHY should the money in government retirement accounts not be used to purchase Treasury bonds? WHY is Obama responsible for the big increase in the national debt when federal spending has been growing so slowly by historical standards?

    federal_spending_by_pres_Reagan_Obama.jpg

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,811

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    I think we need MORE rich people, not fewer.
    I think we need fewer poor people. I figure an upper-middle-class lifestyle is just fine. Perhaps I'm not ambitious enough.

  6. #376
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 03:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    I think we need fewer poor people. I figure an upper-middle-class lifestyle is just fine. Perhaps I'm not ambitious enough.
    More rich people means fewer poor people. That is why capitalism is so great...it creates opportunities for people who would otherwise have nothing.

  7. #377
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,572

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    Why wouldnt I want more people to be rich? I think we need MORE rich people, not fewer.
    Again, your point was that you want greater numbers of higher paying wage jobs in the macro, I have shown over and over, you don't get there with more SB's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    64,236

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    I can't think of a better reason to continue to post that way. But don't let me discourage you from posting in response to me. Another thing I can't think of … is someone more easily defeated in a debate. Not because you disagree with me. I'm sure there are many valid ways to counter my arguments. You just do a really lousy job of it. Yer too busy slamming me as a "blind liberal" who "can't do any research." I "need to grow up." I won't say that I don't descend to that level of worthless comment. But I'm confident that I don't start it.

    Tell me WHY Obama should be held responsible for the job losses in 2009. WHY should the money in government retirement accounts not be used to purchase Treasury bonds? WHY is Obama responsible for the big increase in the national debt when federal spending has been growing so slowly by historical standards?

    federal_spending_by_pres_Reagan_Obama.jpg
    Because there you go again, percentage change. do you understand the role denominator and numerator play in determining percentage change? Reagan's last budget was a trillion dollars and took GDP from 2.8 trillion to 5.6 trillion. Obama has taken GDP from 14.4 trillion to 17.2 trillion which one has the higher percentage increase?

    You think Obama is a deficit hawk proposing a 3.9 trillion dollar budget?

    You are indeed a legend in your own mind, thinking you won the debate when BLS, BEA, and Treasury make you look foolish

  9. #379
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    64,236

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    I think we need fewer poor people. I figure an upper-middle-class lifestyle is just fine. Perhaps I'm not ambitious enough.
    With fewer poor people there is less need for liberal politicians to create dependence. Liberal politicians have a job for life giving people "things" and apparently that is ok with you

  10. #380
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,572

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    More rich people means fewer poor people. That is why capitalism is so great...it creates opportunities for people who would otherwise have nothing.
    That is not the trend, we have more wealth being concentrated into the hands of the top 1%, lower levels of wealth for the majority. You are arguing out of both sides of your mouth when you say you do not like all these low wage jobs while you argue for a few to get much wealthier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •