Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 499

Thread: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

  1. #311
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As I stated, the actual official numbers and basic civics tells us a different story. You buy what you are told but post no numbers to prove your point. Much effort has been put into destroying GW Bush and it has worked especially with people like you. The facts however tell a different story but then when did facts ever make a difference to you?

    There is a reason for the 2007-09 recession but to may it is all Bush and not reality. There is a reason for the 4.9 trillion Bush debt but then again that reason is ignored by Democrat supporters/ There is a reason for all the effort to destroy Bush and that reason is to divert from Obama. Obama is incompetent. Obama lacks leadership skills. Obama's resume wouldn't put him in middle management of any business. Facts make all the difference in the world to me. When are you going to post some that are relevant?
    Would you agree that W Bush was the worst republican potus in recent times? Do you not agree that Obummer is the worst democrat president in recent times?

    After 7 years of W Bush leadership, how was our economy?

    After 7 years of Obummer leadership, how is our economy?

    Which economy is doing better? Be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Retiring baby boomers, more young people staying in school, more parents staying at home to raise young children. Sound familiar? Or do those facts get drowned out by yer incessant partisan rants?
    Partisan rants? What I see is acceptance of the mediocrity and poor economic performance on your part. Of course there weren't any retirees during the Bush term, retirees are not included in discouraged workers, parents staying home to raise their kids never happened prior to Obama. What is it about liberalism that creates people like you who always make excuses for poor performance?

    It would be much more mature just to admit that you are wrong and made a mistake in supporting Obama. The electorate got it finally in 2014. When will you?

  3. #313
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    pinqy;1064626107]It has dropped. A lot. It's been going down consistantly for 5 years.

    Yes, it has dropped but not in ratio to the dollars spent and economic activity from that spending. When exactly are you going to hold Obama accountable for the same things you blamed Bush for?

    I have no idea how to estimate what kind of results we should get per dollar, so, lacking any idea of what costs "should be" I can't include the costs as part of my analyis.
    .

    of course, costs don't matter nor do the 1.2 million discouraged workers in 2010-2012 after that spending. All that seems to matter is diverting from the Obama performance by distorting that record.

    Probably won't happen this year. Probably will next year. What would the proper rate of decline been for the amount of money spent? What formula are you using?
    IMO, the proper number would be pre recession numbers and better. Why else spend the money? Why would anyone give credit for the current numbers with the debt created?

  4. #314
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsvLiberal View Post
    Under George W. Bush the average level was lower.
    Because Bush inherited a fairly stable economy with a balanced budget and positive economic growth. The Bush economy had no where to go but up, yet somehow he ran it down, ending up with not one, but TWO recessions, both which started on his watch. Obummer inherited a huge deficit, and the largest retraction in the size of our economy since the Great Depression, cut the deficit in half, cut the unemployment rate in half, and led us to positive GDP growth, for what is now looking to be the second longest economic expansion in history.

    The success of a president probably shouldn't be measured by how the economy was doing early in his presidency. If we did that, then Reagan was a terrible president who's policies caused a double dip recession and double digit inflation.

    Presidential success should be measured by the state of the economy when the potus leaves office, because without a doubt or dispute, that's HIS economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #315
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Obama has been President since 2000?

    Look at the actual numbers (they are listed by country in the link I gave), the radical dip begins in 2008.

  6. #316
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    384

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    I just go by "Where was it when he got there? And how did he leave it?".

  7. #317
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Because Bush inherited a fairly stable economy with a balanced budget and positive economic growth.
    No, he didn't. There was no balanced budget, the so-called positive economy was based upon a Ponzi scheme of overvaluation that Clinton SEC ignored, and any gains were PROJECTED gains, based upon the figures coming from the Ponzi scheme.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    imagep;1064626170]Would you agree that W Bush was the worst republican potus in recent times? Do you not agree that Obummer is the worst democrat president in recent times?
    Worst is a relative term. Bush was handed a recession, events leading up to 9/11, a media bent on his destruction, and a very poor public relations group who allowed the media and the left to dictate the message. Results aren't as bad as you and others want to believe but they were worse significantly than Reagan's. The alternative to Bush however, Gore and Kerry would have been worse IMO. I believe Obama is living up to his resume

    After 7 years of W Bush leadership, how was our economy?
    After 7 years of Bush there were 146 million working Americans, less than 4.5 trillion added to the debt, 4.5 trillion added to GDP, less than 500k discouraged workers, 4.6% unemployment rate so you tell me?

    After 7 years of Obummer leadership, how is our economy?
    Much worse than Bush's, high debt, stagnant GDP, and poor employment/unemployment numbers

    Which economy is doing better? Be honest.
    Bush's without a doubt and we are talking the first 7 years

  9. #319
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    Quote Originally Posted by ConsvLiberal View Post
    Under George W. Bush the average level was lower.
    Bush's average level didn't include the 2.2 million jobs lost during Obama's first three months.
    Since you're solely focused on Presidents, where do those numbers go.

    As well, Obama's highest numbers, due to the recession he inherited, topped out at 10.4%.
    Is it honest to include these high numbers for Obama in comparison with Bush before these last 60+ months of positive private sector job growth ?
    Physics is Phun

  10. #320
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    re: U.S. Unemployment Falls to Lowest Level Since May 2008[W:489, 497]

    imagep;1064626190]Because Bush inherited a fairly stable economy with a balanced budget and positive economic growth. The Bush economy had no where to go but up, yet somehow he ran it down, ending up with not one, but TWO recessions, both which started on his watch. Obummer inherited a huge deficit, and the largest retraction in the size of our economy since the Great Depression, cut the deficit in half, cut the unemployment rate in half, and led us to positive GDP growth, for what is now looking to be the second longest economic expansion in history
    .

    that is your opinion, a recession began in March 2001 long before Bush economic policies were implemented and then we had 9/11. Clinton never had a balanced budget and added 1.4 trillion to the debt so one would think with a balanced budget that debt wouldn't have increased. How many times do I have to post the Treasury links to prove that?

    The success of a president probably shouldn't be measured by how the economy was doing early in his presidency. If we did that, then Reagan was a terrible president who's policies caused a double dip recession and double digit inflation.
    Really? when did the recession of 1981 begin and when were Reagan's economic policies implemented? You seem to have a very distorted and inaccurate view of the first year of the Reagan Administration

    Presidential success should be measured by the state of the economy when the potus leaves office, because without a doubt or dispute, that's HIS economy.
    Basic civics will tell you why the economy tanked in 2008 but liberals want to ignore that. Democrats were more concerned about regaining the WH than doing the work of the American people. It is amazing to me how a recession ended in June 2009 before Obama's economic policies went into effect and yet he is given credit for it. Doesn't make any sense to anyone who actually thinks

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •